No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 6 Trailer #1!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just have to say that the "10 years afer Raccoon incident" doesn't mean that the game events take place in 2008. It can took place in 2009, after March, and before October, and still would be set "10 years after Raccoon incident".

This said, the trailer looks awesome. I didn't expect RE6 for this generation, so I'm glad to see a release date to a system that I actually have.

Comment

• Very true, I just thing it's interesting they announced it's set "ten years after the Raccon City incident" instead of just saying it takes place months after RE 5 which leads me to think it's a prequel. I guess we won't no for sure till we get more info though.

Comment

• They did the same thing with RE5 if I recall right, and yet the statement can be considered true in the same way, since the game events happened before completing 11 years after Raccoon Incident (RE5 happens in March 2009).
        Last edited by Davi Redfield; 01-19-2012, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• wow..
          my brain just imploded... i cant even tell if i liked or disliked what i just saw

Comment

• Wow....Just got back from being away for 2 days and all this....I dont even know where to start! My head is all over the damn place. I need time to take it all in. I can say though that I think the storyline looks amazing. Really interested to find out what the hell is going on.

Chris, Leon, Zombies, Horror, Outbreak, = Epic.

Gameplay, Scarface = Not so much.

Way to early to judge yet though just saying hope the gameplay doesnt stay that way. I think Chris and Leon look much better this time. Capcom nailed their design again for the first time in my opinion since their debut games. I really didnt like the Scarface character if he is the future of RE then I'd be really dissapointed. Skin head with a scar on the face....how original.

But hell enough of the bad points like I said the story looks great and if they tweak the gameplay a little, maybe even slow it down abit. Then I think this could be a really good game. Love the horror elements with Leon, abit confused why they picked him to be in the horror parts of the game though since he is 'Action Man'.

Also all this talk about the brunette with Leon. I noticed nobody has pointed out that she could be Hunnigan? Like to hear some thoughts on that theory. As far as Ashley/Sherry goes for the blonde girl, I would much rather see Sherry back but not to bothered either way that it would dissapoint me. Also reading through this forum I noticed a ton of previous characters names being thrown around and thought to myself we already have 3! (Chris, Leon, Hunnigan) Returning characters hope you guys dont get your hopes up to much because that could very well be it.

My last thought for now is if this game took place before RE5 (Which is unconfirmed yet) then I would bet my house that Albert Wesker would make some sort of apperance. With him being dead and all after RE5 this would be Capcoms last chance to give him a goodbye to his fans. We all know how passionate the Wesker fans can be so expect to see him if its pre RE5. If its post RE5 then same exact thing I just said but replace Wesker with Jill.

Comment

• The atmosphere looks great, but as people have noted, the gameplay looks even more action-y.

Comment

• Originally posted by CrimsonElder View Post
                Also all this talk about the brunette with Leon. I noticed nobody has pointed out that she could be Hunnigan? Like to hear some thoughts on that theory.
                Its not her. Hunnigan's voice (Salli Saffioti's) and the other girls voice is quite different. I don't think anyone even considered it because of that.

Originally posted by CrimsonElder View Post
                As far as Ashley/Sherry goes for the blonde girl, I would much rather see Sherry back but not to bothered either way that it would dissapoint me.
                Go watch some RE4 cutscenes on Youtube that feature Ashley Graham saying some lines of dialogue. Then watch the trailer again and listen very carefully to the blonde girl's voice... it's Carolyn Lawrence. The same voice actress that voiced Ashley Graham. Its not Sherry.
                Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by CrimsonElder View Post
                  My last thought for now is if this game took place before RE5 (Which is unconfirmed yet) then I would bet my house that Albert Wesker would make some sort of apperance. With him being dead and all after RE5 this would be Capcoms last chance to give him a goodbye to his fans. We all know how passionate the Wesker fans can be so expect to see him if its pre RE5. If its post RE5 then same exact thing I just said but replace Wesker with Jill.
                  Hmm Jill isn't dead. After the rage her "death" caused in RE5 you really think Capcom would pull that off again? Lol, I think you guys either didn't follow RE5 pre-release that much or simply don't remember.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                    Gears of Evil
                    I think Dot said it best.

Excuse me if I'm not splooging like most everyone here, but honestly, this looks like complete crap. Looks like Capcom didn't learn a damn thing from RE5's flaws and just upped the cutscene and graphics budget. Bleh. I have zero interest in this game. And zero faith in Capcom. RE5 pretty much killed my inner RE fanboy, so I don't have the slightest bit of excitement over the trailer. Nothing but indifference.

Complete LOL at ripping off Gears of War. How fuckin' original. But I guess they had to fix the "tank" controls somehow!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Alkar View Post
                      Hmm Jill isn't dead. After the rage her "death" caused in RE5 you really think Capcom would pull that off again? Lol, I think you guys either didn't follow RE5 pre-release that much or simply don't remember.
                      I know Jill isnt dead? I dont follow you. What you mean?

Comment

• Don't get your hopes up...don't get your hopes up...

Too late. Leon+Chris=Win

I just don't want this to be a RE5 trailer. By that I mean I do not want them to change the whole game half-way through. But from the trailer it looks a lot more complete than RE5 was when we got a first trailer. Smart move on Capcoms part. What this looks like to me is a two part game style. I think Chris will like Dot and others said be a "Gears-esque" game and the Leon portion of the game will be the more survival horror. It looks like ORC meets RE4+5.

Those new characters will be interesting. Did I hear a voice from Revelations? And who is Chris referring to as a "bitch" or what revenge? This makes me even more excited for Revelations. What plot twists can this lead to? Probably none. I would really like a "Hideo" plot twist.

Soooo excited. I don't want to be...but I am!!!

Oh and does Leon have scruff? Really?

EDIT:

OMFG Did I hear Angella? From Degeneration? I think I did: "Better if I show you".

Also I agree with everyone that this happened a little before RE5. Maybe. That wouldd be lame but I could deal.
                        Last edited by wesker566; 01-19-2012, 10:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by valentinesdead? View Post
                          Complete LOL at ripping off Gears of War. How fuckin' original. But I guess they had to fix the "tank" controls somehow!
                          ....wasn't Gears of War influenced from RE4 though?

Comment

• Resident Evil 5 trailer released = RE community is full of hope and excitement; expectations WAY beyond reasonable levels

Resident Evil 5 game is released = RE community buys the game en masse

Shortly after immediate thrills subside = RE community expectations not met; game referred to as terrible and too action-y (though it contains nearly the exact same amount of action as previous installment)

Years following RE5 = RE community bitches about series, the emphasis on action, lack of scares (NOTHING in 4 was scary either!), story's lack of closure, under-development of characters, etc; many of community call the series dead, in need of change, etc.

Resident Evil 6 trailer released = RE community is full of hope and excitement; people who bitched about action are again OVER excited for next installment despite trailer showing more (much more, even) of the same elements hated on for RE5 such as action and co-op (or at the very least partner characters)

Lather, rinse, repeat cycle for RE6 until RE7 trailer is released.

Comment

• Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
                              ....wasn't Gears of War influenced from RE4 though?
                              Everything just goes full-circle, you can bet your ass Gear 4 will copy RE6.

Comment

• Then I see nothing wrong with RE6 borrowing some things from Gears when they did the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X