Resident Evil 6 Captivate Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Smiley View Post
    Now you're just picking apart little sentences and throwing commentary about the real world without understanding where I'm coming from. And it's a chore to write to someone if we go by that GameFAQs manner of debating one another. I acknowledge Wesker as a super powered antagonist. But he wasn't why people hated Alice or the movie elements.
    I replied to your entire post, just in segments because it was easier for me to keep track.

I know where you're coming from. I'm just saying you're wrong.

People hate Alice because she's a shitty character from a shitty movie franchise. People generally don't care about the laser room in BH4 or UC, and RED QUEEN is completely different in the games and fits within the "world" of the games. Really damaging stuff, there.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• People hate Alice because she's a shitty character doesn't actually answer anything. See how it's going nowhere? That's why I doubt that you get where I'm coming from. I'm showing how the series is moving in the action direction with movie elements making their way into the games. Your argument went from me over exaggerating to me unable to accept change. But that doesn't discredit the rise of action or the movie elements used in the game series now.

When you bring up Wesker how were you expecting me to answer that? I'm aware of the character and know he represents a super powered threat for the protagonists to overcome. That's not the same as Alice and Jake Muller who take on these traits to fight monsters in stylistic combat and action. The series was about protagonists overcoming and in most cases surviving B.O.W.s Now we're delving into RE movie territory and having a super powered protagonist beating them up.

It's a clear case. Not an over exaggeration. The series had some action previously, but never taking place over horror. RE1 does not deliver the same type of action as RE5 did despite having the same returning characters. Now they're trying to find a balance, but balancing horror has not done well for them unless you factor the numbers they're looking for which are coming from the action community.

So I don't know where exactly I'm in the wrong. I'm welcome to an explanation provided it's more than "cry me a river" or "Alice is bad because she's a shitty character". I'll look forward to your reply when I come back from work.
      Last edited by Smiley; 04-13-2012, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• It's going nowhere because your arguments have nowhere to go. You haven't provided any logical reasoning. Just a bunch of complaints about the movies that you're trying to flow over into the games. You exaggerate and then keep coming back to how the gameplay being changed up is a terrible tragedy that kills any chance of horror. Then when I point out that the series relies on certain elements for "horror", you come back with "gameplay is most important" without providing any actual explanation for what the fuck that even means. Clumsy controls and fixed cameras are not necessary to achieve horror.

If Muller's scenario is fun then I will love the fuck out of it. Just as I will love the horror in Leon's scenario and the action in Chris's scenario.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
          I don't recall any of them actually saying that. Maybe at the beginning of development, but back then, the game did genuinely look like it had horror. It just went off-the-rails at some point. Even so, BH6 isn't led by Jun Takeuchi or anyone else who was in charge of BH5, but were in charge of completely different games. Why would their collective experience with the latter go out the window suddenly with a single game? Too much paranoia and nostalgia clouding judgement, especially when they haven't even remotely sampled the game. Just pissing their pants any time a new gameplay mechanic is revealed. The game definitely succeeds with horror already in that respect.
          I'm throwing out nothing; I'm simply not assuming they're telling the truth. I have no reason to. Capcom's happy enough to lie through there teeth (data's NEVER on the disc) when it suits them, and they're part of Capcom.

And frankly, I'm not believing they're making a horror game because I see no reason to. The new enemies aren't zombies - they're creatures that retain there intelligence, ability to use tools and weapons and work together. In other words, Majini/Ganados in a cooler looking skin. I know that Capcom have mentioned the new AI is super awesome to a point where you can only tell you're playing with an AI partner if your human partner sucks, but again they said the AI for Sheva was good too, so until I see it for myself I don't see a reason to trust that statement. And if the enemies have the same old AI...

I'm not discounting them being able to make a good game - even the action elements aren't a kiss of death, as I personally feel Dead Space is terrifying and that's pretty action in it's control scheme. I'm simply not taking there word for it. Capcom haven't given me any reason to trust them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
            I'm throwing out nothing; I'm simply not assuming they're telling the truth. I have no reason to. Capcom's happy enough to lie through there teeth (data's NEVER on the disc) when it suits them, and they're part of Capcom.

And frankly, I'm not believing they're making a horror game because I see no reason to. The new enemies aren't zombies - they're creatures that retain there intelligence, ability to use tools and weapons and work together. In other words, Majini/Ganados in a cooler looking skin. I know that Capcom have mentioned the new AI is super awesome to a point where you can only tell you're playing with an AI partner if your human partner sucks, but again they said the AI for Sheva was good too, so until I see it for myself I don't see a reason to trust that statement. And if the enemies have the same old AI...

I'm not discounting them being able to make a good game - even the action elements aren't a kiss of death, as I personally feel Dead Space is terrifying and that's pretty action in it's control scheme. I'm simply not taking there word for it. Capcom haven't given me any reason to trust them.
            Did CAPCOM ever actually lie about the Disc-Locked Content thing? I saw an article a few days ago with them openly admitting to it, but saying there was no difference from content already on the disc and content which is downloaded (which is completely fucking wrong).

Regular zombies would be boring as fuck unless they turned the whole game into Dead Rising. The new zombies are essentially just enhanced Crimson Heads. Isn't that what people have wanted for a long time? The only thing that really seems negative is the use of weapons. I'm not basing my assumption on the game having horror on comments from CAPCOM, I'm basing it on first-hand impressions and screenshots. I love the look of Leon's scenario and the gameplay examples from it look utterly fantastic. I never felt this way about BH5 at any point before its release. I have no reason to doubt them yet, but there is still plenty of time for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
              Did CAPCOM ever actually lie about the Disc-Locked Content thing? I saw an article a few days ago with them openly admitting to it, but saying there was no difference from content already on the disc and content which is downloaded (which is completely fucking wrong).
              I remember there being a big fuss being made about some of the RE5 and Marvel Vs Capcom content, but I honestly can't remember if it was denied as being on the disc. I know they did with the RE5 stuff...only the assets were present, you had to download to the actual program code to play, or some such. A quick google doesn't bring up anything exciting so maybe I remember wrong.

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
              Regular zombies would be boring as fuck unless they turned the whole game into Dead Rising. The new zombies are essentially just enhanced Crimson Heads. Isn't that what people have wanted for a long time? The only thing that really seems negative is the use of weapons. I'm not basing my assumption on the game having horror on comments from CAPCOM, I'm basing it on first-hand impressions and screenshots. I love the look of Leon's scenario and the gameplay examples from it look utterly fantastic. I never felt this way about BH5 at any point before its release. I have no reason to doubt them yet, but there is still plenty of time for that.
              I have no problem with them getting rid of zombies, although I do wish people would stop yelling zombies are back. These aren't Crimson Heads with weapons, though. These guys sound more like Majini, and seem to fight more like it, but it's hard to say. You only see them moving up slowly. Also, a fat one picking up Leon and tossing him.

I do find it odd that these enemies also move just like zombies in the cinematic...ah well. We'll just have to see if the tunnel silhouette running/fast limping turns into stopping and slowly shuffling up to Leon so you can get a better shot at them like RE4/5. A better gameplay clip will be required before we can really say if these new enemies are any good. The description simply doesn't give me much hope.

Comment

• They seem more like Left 4 Dead zombies w/ weapons to me. Granted, they appear to suffer from slow shambling rather than "let's fuck your shit up as fast as possible" but the similiarites are there.
                A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

• I was hoping for some gameplay but E3 is about a month away so this trailer will do. I'm more stoked to play Leon's campaign first. Not so much this guy *hides the hand and points to Chris*
                  sigpic
                  "So leon, why are you in RE6?... Well, Hunnigan... I needed to right... a Wong... YEEAAAAHHH!

Comment

• I don't understand how someone who has so vehemently defended a game like Operation Raccoon City can complain about the direction Resident Evil 6 is taking.

The fact that ORC is a spinoff and RE6 is a mainline title makes no difference.

If someone enjoys ORC, there's no reason they shouldn't also enjoy RE6 for the same reasons.
                    Last edited by Archelon; 04-13-2012, 07:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                      I don't understand how someone who has so vehemently defended a game like Operation Raccoon City can complain about the direction Resident Evil 6 is taking.
                      Well, its like you used to say" People arent happy unless they'
                      re complaining. I'm confused by this too.

Comment

• Truth.
                        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• It's not the action that so much bothered me it was lack of horror, ridiculous amount of ammo and lack luster story that turned me off of RE 4, 5 had a better story but again ammo galore and little horror. The movies suck because the story blows, the characters suck and the action is over the top.
                          Last edited by Stars1356; 04-13-2012, 11:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                            Truth.
                            I'm afraid that you've crossed the line Dracarys. I"m going to have to take away your copy of ORC and replace it with this.
                            Last edited by Wrathborne; 04-13-2012, 11:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                              Spoiler:

Truth.
                              I guess I'm a freak of nature as an RE fan. I like RE5 and thought ORC wasn't THAT bad. I love both old survival horror and new "dramatic horror" (is that how they are calling it?) games.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• Bean! How could you express your own intrests and tastes like this!?

Comment

Working...
                                X