No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 6 Captivate Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The government has all they need from her. Whether she dies as an agent is pretty inconsequential. She was under research and observation for 15 years. But she still knew too much. You think they were just going to open the door and say "Have a nice life!" afterwards? It's been long established in the series that she is important and that the government would never let her go, and her only method of being out in the world would be as an agent. We still don't know the particulars of her servitude. They probably gave her a choice of confinement or servitude. The same choice they gave Leon. But those are the only two options they would have given her, and she probably wanted the latter for some reason or other. Maybe they'll pull the whole "sense of justice" line that they have pulled with every other main character in the series. Maybe she was tired of men in white coats sticking things into her for days on end?
    Last edited by News Bot; 04-14-2012, 08:21 AM.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• If they have all they need from her then what purpose is there to keep her? She knows too much? What's to prevent her from being a spy like Ada by turning her over to the outside world under the belief that she'll simply behave like a good girl?

Using her against Leon actually gave some understanding. But expecting the Government to turn her out and hope she comes back without her leash is ridiculous.

At this point I almost wish Leon was with an anti-Umbrella organization and Sherry was captured by Wesker. Then there would be legitimate reasons to concern ourselves with these characters as opposed to them being the lapdogs of the nefarious U.S. Government.

Comment

• Ten to one Sherry has an exploading thing in her head set to go boom if they decide she's gone rogue.

Or she has a bank account a third world country would envy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley View Post
          If they have all they need from her then what purpose is there to keep her? She knows too much? What's to prevent her from being a spy like Ada by turning her over to the outside world under the belief that she'll simply behave like a good girl?

Using her against Leon actually gave some understanding. But expecting the Government to turn her out and hope she comes back without her leash is ridiculous.

At this point I almost wish Leon was with an anti-Umbrella organization and Sherry was captured by Wesker. Then there would be legitimate reasons to concern ourselves with these characters as opposed to them being the lapdogs of the nefarious U.S. Government.
          Once again, we don't fully know about Sherry's side of the story yet. All we know is that she became an agent in exchange for her freedom. Like Leon became an agent in exchange for his and to ensure that she was kept safe, albeit in confinement. This is a series where the writers admit to using forced logic a lot. You getting up in arms about it is amusing, but getting pretty tedious at this point when you're spreading it across several topics at the exact same time.

Comment

• Being cautious about RE6 is pointless I guess. Once you throw the idea of Wesker having a son, Sherry being a Government agent, and the possibility that Ada has a clone out there.... I mean why can't Wesker come back..... again, I mean. I could picture it now. Jake vs. Albert. Could be the Resident Evil equivalent to Vader and Luke.

Edit: Says the one doing the very same? Forced logic is Ada and Leon meeting in Spain by sheer coincidence of their objectives. This? Well....... Do not want. Do not want.
            Last edited by Smiley; 04-14-2012, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Being cautious about RE6 is pointless I guess. Once you throw the idea of Wesker having a son, Sherry being a Government agent, and the possibility that Ada has a clone out there.... I mean why can't Wesker come back..... again, I mean. I could picture it now. Jake vs. Albert. Could be the Resident Evil equivalent to Vader and Luke.

Edit: Says the one doing the very same? Forced logic is Ada and Leon meeting in Spain by sheer coincidence of their objectives. This? Well....... Do not want. Do not want.
              Well we're all aware that your judgement tends to be misplaced.

Comment

• I'm sure. And hey, I never hold it against anyone. I just say it like it is.

Comment

That's a silly way of looking at things. Spin offs by nature are all about branching off in their own direction. I didn't like Metal Gear Ac!d because I'm not a fan of that game play. But I'm all for Platinum Games making Metal Gear Rising and going their way about it. I can understand how someone defends Umbrella or Darkside Chronicles (even the Gun Survivor series) and still expect the main games to hold true to its own roots. If you can't that's your problem.
                  It's only silly because you disagree with it.

If you enjoy ORC because it is a third person, squad-based shooter, then there is no reason you shouldn't enjoy RE6 if it, too, is a third person, squad-based shooter.

You say you aren't a fan of Metal Gear Ac!d because you do not like that style of gameplay. That is precisely my point. You do not dislike it because it is a spin off. You dislike it because of the gameplay. Therefore, if a mainline title in the MGS series had similar gameplay, presumably you would dislike it for the very same reason. It wouldn't make a difference that one was a mainline title and the other was a spin off, because ultimately, you would dislike it due to the gameplay.

Trying to justify enjoying ORC for the very same reasons you claim to dislike RE6 is just an excuse so you can piss and moan about something most people are genuinely excited about while acting as the white knight for something most people genuinely dislike. You're simply arguing for argument's sake.
                  Last edited by Archelon; 04-14-2012, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• I don't know why some people are trying to compare Jake Muller with Alice. As been stated, Alice is a shit mary-sue character with no personality or flaws of her own. Judging alone on the bit of trailer footage we have seen--Jake seems rather likeable. He seems headstrong and outspoken--both opposite traits of his father. Not much to go on, but even with that, the character brought a bit of a smile to my face at his quip after Ada's little monster knocked to piss out of him. And his interaction with Chris as well. I hope we get alot of interaction between them..
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                      It's only silly because you disagree with it.

If you enjoy ORC because it is a third person, squad-based shooter, then there is no reason you shouldn't enjoy RE6 if it, too, is a third person, squad-based shooter.

You say you aren't a fan of Metal Gear Ac!d because you do not like that style of gameplay. That is precisely my point. You do not dislike it because it is a spin off. You dislike it because of the gameplay. Therefore, if a mainline title in the MGS series had similar gameplay, presumably you would dislike it for the very same reason. It wouldn't make a difference that one was a mainline title and the other was a spin off, because ultimately, you would dislike it due to the gameplay.

Trying to justify enjoying ORC for the very same reasons you claim to dislike RE6 is just an excuse so you can piss and moan about something most people are genuinely excited about while acting as the white knight for something most people genuinely dislike. You're simply arguing for argument's sake.
                      Again your argument is silly. A spin off is meant to go a separate direction. A Mario Party game is not a Mario sequel, but if popular enough it could have its own chain of sequels. Refer to Resident Evil Outbreak and Metal Gear Ac!d as examples. And yes I don't care for the game play of Metal Gear Ac!d. But that has no bearing on what I expect out of a main title. Just cause I have an interest in Metal Gear Rising doesn't mean Big Boss should be imitating the same same type of game play for the next main Metal Gear game.

Another reason why I brought up other RE spin offs. I like Darkside Chronicles because as a rail shooter I was more impressed with that game than Umbrella Chronicles. That does not mean I want any main RE sequel to be a rail shooter.

How you can try and compare apples and oranges for being the same thing aside from belonging in a fruit category is beyond me. But you got to have more to go by besides "it doesn't matter if it's a spin off". I'm more than welcome to hear it otherwise I'm not sure what the point of your problem is. Yeah I had fun with a squad based multiplayer spin off. Just as much as a rail shooter. Point?

My question for you is if there was any spin off to a game that you enjoyed at all? If not, as I said, this is a problem that befalls you.

I don't know why some people are trying to compare Jake Muller with Alice. As been stated, Alice is a shit mary-sue character with no personality or flaws of her own. Judging alone on the bit of trailer footage we have seen--Jake seems rather likeable. He seems headstrong and outspoken--both opposite traits of his father. Not much to go on, but even with that, the character brought a bit of a smile to my face at his quip after Ada's little monster knocked to piss out of him. And his interaction with Chris as well. I hope we get alot of interaction between them..
                      If you don't know then read the posts I made. I give a basic comparison. Alice does have some flaws (both when she had her powers and when she lost them) followed by a leadership personality not too different from main RE players. Alice is headstrong and just as outspoken being one of the few characters that actually makes any progress in those movies. Keep in mind that I prefer the games to the movies, but these are just comparisons.

It's the powers and mary sue like qualities that come with them. Qualities which you can just as well make for Jake. His blood is so special the world needs him. And his enhanced powers come from it. And that's in no way Alice material?

The only reason I could see why people would prefer a fanfiction scenario like Jake to work is because it's from the games and not the movies. If Wesker had a son protagonist in a RE film then certainly there would be some kind of backlash because it doesn't sound like it belongs in the series.
                      Last edited by Smiley; 04-14-2012, 02:25 PM.

Comment

It's the powers and mary sue like qualities that come with them. Qualities which you can just as well make for Jake. His blood is so special the world needs him. And his enhanced powers come from it. And that's in no way Alice material?
                        I'll just throw my two cents, the day that any RE character on games pulls shit like this, I'm done with the series. Alice is like Cartman as Balrog, way too many powers and abilities LOL.
                        Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 04-14-2012, 02:51 PM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• Completely understand, but we're already stretching it enough as it is. You seem to tolerate it just a little better than I so long as Jake doesn't display the mind bending portion of being over powered. I just don't think a protagonist needs to be over powered in the series at all.
                          Last edited by Smiley; 04-14-2012, 03:03 PM.

Comment

If you don't know then read the posts I made. I give a basic comparison. Alice does have some flaws (both when she had her powers and when she lost them) followed by a leadership personality not too different from main RE players. Alice is headstrong and just as outspoken being one of the few characters that actually makes any progress in those movies. Keep in mind that I prefer the games to the movies, but these are just comparisons.

The only reason I could see why people would prefer a fanfiction scenario like Jake to work is because it's from the games and not the movies. If Wesker had a son protagonist in a RE film then certainly there would be some kind of backlash because it doesn't sound like it belongs in the series.
                            Having super-human abilities doesn't make a character a mary-sue. It's the quality of the writing that makes or breaks a character. If that's true, then a bunch of franchises with "super" elements would fall under the same umbrella as mary-sues. I could see Jake as being very sympathetic character if they do him right. Ultimately it comes down to how it's handled in the game, but even from that the few clips, I get a nice sense of personality. I fail to see how Wesker having a son is a "fanfiction" concept. Could it be? Certainly, just like a million other concepts. But if you look at what there doing thematically by teaming up Jake and Sherry, it's actually rather clever twist to the story's mythos. Not to mention there's alot there they could play with, ala his interactions with Chris, Ada. It seems like Jake himself doesn't have much a clue about his origions.

And to clear up the issue with the movies, Anderson's movies suck because they suck--not because they don't take after the games. Anderson couldn't write an interesting likeable character if his life depended on it. That's the difference. Nothing to do with Alice having superpowers.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                              Oh, there are several other options for Sherry...new mad scientist, Patient Zero of a new strain of virus when the G mutates in her, brain whiped into thinking she's really Hannah Montanna...
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	shirt_ninjabot_nope_MED.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	401050

Comment

• Originally posted by valentinesdead? View Post
                                Having super-human abilities doesn't make a character a mary-sue. It's the quality of the writing that makes or breaks a character. If that's true, then a bunch of franchises with "super" elements would fall under the same umbrella as mary-sues. I could see Jake as being very sympathetic character if they do him right. Ultimately it comes down to how it's handled in the game, but even from that the few clips, I get a nice sense of personality. I fail to see how Wesker having a son is a "fanfiction" concept. Could it be? Certainly, just like a million other concepts. But if you look at what there doing thematically by teaming up Jake and Sherry, it's actually rather clever twist to the story's mythos. Not to mention there's alot there they could play with, ala his interactions with Chris, Ada. It seems like Jake himself doesn't have much a clue about his origions.

And to clear up the issue with the movies, Anderson's movies suck because they suck--not because they don't take after the games. Anderson couldn't write an interesting likeable character if his life depended on it. That's the difference. Nothing to do with Alice having superpowers.
                                Not sure if pun intended with the whole "under the same umbrella" reply. But nice work.

Jake's super human feats do not compliment a horror driven story. Nor does making him Wesker's son and pairing him with Birkin's trained daughter make for a plausible outcome. Sounds more like fan fiction.

Comment

Working...
                                X