Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know what you mean... blargh.

Guess how I got this time...

(P.S: Carlos and Jill are such a cute couple )
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Helegad; 08-26-2008, 07:20 AM.

Comment

• At some later point, Carlos should have gone in pursuit of Nicholai to take revenge for betraying the unit, shooting and killing Murphy, etc. Would be an interesting subplot to follow. We can get Everett McGill in to play Nicholai, and he can take Carlos' illegitimate daughter hostage.

See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
        Some guy has me beat by 15 minutes or so, on that speed run website. And he didn't use infinite ammo, which is terrifying. I don't think I can ever beat that, or would even want to try. I'm convinced that people who do speed runs like that have some form of autism. Theres no way I can force myself to play a game over and over to learn every pattern. It just gets so boring.
        I'm Autistic. :]

Can't see why it would help me with a game though. Then again, I've heard god knows how many different meanings for the word...

Comment

• Originally posted by Helegad View Post
          I NO U HAX!11one!!11eleven!1

Comment

Skipping the door loading sequences on the PC version...?

sigpic

Comment

• Nup! Project Omega is the closest so far... but I didn't hax0rz the time.

Comment

• Did you photoshop the image?

Comment

• Instant win trainer, probably Or maybe you just edited the memory values to be in the chopper room.

Comment

• Okay, this is how I did it:

Start a new game,
                    Get to the warehouse and save quickly,
                    Hex edit the save to place you in the chopper area,
                    Restart the save,
                    Bingo!

It seems that the Carlos-flying-chopper ending is the default.

Comment

• I could probably do RE3 faster now [I had my time [1hour36mins] from 6 months ago...]..but I should try RE2, never really tried RE2..only 1 & 3 [For 1, I got 56 minutes...what now xD].
                      sigpic

Comment

• Man..I popped in the SourceNext version and its just..bad. The character models have that awful "no bones" problem which plagues every version except the Gamecube one. It really is distracting as hell. I might need to change the version rankings when this is over

I popped the Playstation 1 version in, and besides the obvious resolution decrease, the sounds such as closing doors and the barricade being knocked over are noticeably lower quality than on the Gamecube. The lighting seems to be more obvious in this version when shooting at zombies. The muzzle flash reflects on them 100% of the time, while the Gamecube version only did it every so often.

On a more amusing note, after playing Mercs for the Easy mode save, I ended up with the same exact high score. Absolutely the same, 11:20 time left. Very weird.

Anyone who would be willing to help me out on the site for something RE3 based can direct their attention here.
                        Last edited by Dot50Cal; 09-01-2008, 06:40 AM.

Comment

• I'm with ya, Dot! RE3 is my favourite

Comment

• I started on the Playstation 1 version today. I gotta say, sound effects, music, 3d textures (doors and such) are a lot worse off on this version. Even the load times between camera changes are increased. I guess its to be expected, but jeeze, seeing textures meld together when the camera changes on 3d objects is just unsettling. I can't believe they put the game out like this I am capturing video, so when we do the eventual comparison video, I'll probably use the "demo" sequences they play when you are idle at the title screen.

Up to this point though, everything seems normal though. No obvious changes to report yet, aside from the lighting being a bit more emphasized on the ps1.

On another note, expect a Mercenaries video to pop up sometime later today on the site. It's mainly for Mr. Spencer, to act as a guide for playing Mikhail, but it might give you guys some tips as well
                            Last edited by Dot50Cal; 09-02-2008, 05:18 AM.

Comment

• *shocks* The PS1 version isn't that bad! It's actually quite a good port! You're studying the ports waaaayyyy too much

Comment

*shocks* The PS1 version isn't that bad! It's actually quite a good port! You're studying the ports waaaayyyy too much
                                It's not a port. It's the original version

Comment

Working...
                                X