No announcement yet.

RPD Dispatch 1 - Playing RE3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even with an expansion pack they look shit... but I still love that port to death.

Comment

• Originally posted by Helegad View Post
      Even with an expansion pack they look shit... but I still love that port to death.
      A little more detail wouldn't go a miss than simply passing it off as shit
      you know like are the bg's more detailed than PS1 version and are the character models more or less blocky than the PS1 version, I hope when people do comparisons they use the best available cable for the console, people need to realize RF, S-Video and composite will always look like shit "they bleed colours into each over and have white fog over them" when compared to RGB-Scart which is probably best available cable you could use on the PS1, N64, Saturn generation of consoles the Dreamcast was the leader of the pack with the VGA option before the ps2, xbox and gamecube came along with component output.
      If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• RGB SCART is nowhere near as good as composite! Interlacing sucks compared to progressive scan, particuarly on my TV.

Comment

• Originally posted by Helegad View Post
          RGB SCART is nowhere near as good as composite! Interlacing sucks compared to progressive scan, particuarly on my TV.
          I think you mean Component. Composite is the ugliest video connection available next to RF.

people need to realize RF, S-Video and composite will always look like shit "they bleed colours into each over and have white fog over them"
          RF and Composite yes. S-Video? Nah. S-Video is pretty much on the same level as Component in terms of quality. Component however has somewhat better colours and is *slightly* sharper.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post
            RF and Composite yes. S-Video? Nah. S-Video is pretty much on the same level as Component in terms of quality. Component however has somewhat better colours and is *slightly* sharper.
            I'd dispute that, but Its been a long time since I've done any real comparisons between the two

Comment

• I think you can use progressive scan with RGB-Scart as long as you tv supports it dunno about S-Video but i've always thought RGB-Scart is better than s-video because it uses more wires to carry the picture colours.

My understanding is RF carries audio and picture colours down one wire using the other wire as an earth which is why you get so much interference on a C64 or sega master system it's the same as a standard aerial.

Composite is slightly better because it caries the L & R stereo audio down 4 wires positive and negative and the picture colours down another two separate wire positive and negative.
              Last edited by kevstah2004; 09-18-2008, 01:18 PM.
              If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• Ciaren is right actually. If you're purely using component for interlaced sources, the differences between it and S-video are negligible. The main difference is the colour definition, but the sharpness of the picture is pretty much identical.

Having bought Monster S-video cables for all 3 previous consoles, I found that Monster's S-video and any component gives you the same quality overall as component(even colours). However, Monster Component's quality (which I got one for the PS2) is basically indisinguishable from a $5-$10 generic cable.

Anyway, Bio2 on the N64 with the expansion pack looked odd, since the backgrounds got a bigger a resolution boost, while realtime textures didn't (if they did, they still looked blurry due to other factors). The models however remained lower poly (than the PS1) regardless; the expansion pack merely gave a bump in the backgrounds' resolution.
                Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 09-18-2008, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• the very first nemesis in front of the policestation killed me yesterday as I tried to kill him with the gatling gun.....

I suck
                  Last edited by Scott Green; 09-19-2008, 01:23 AM.

Comment

• The gatling gun is not something you want to use on him ;) It takes too long to spin up and doesn't do enough damage before hes on you.

Comment

• Oops, yeah, I meant composite sucked. Component rules!

Composite: Red, Yellow, White
                      Component: Red, Blue, Green

Correct?

Comment

• To be more specific, composite only carrys the video signal through yellow ;)

Comment

• Oh yeah, I knew that I'm the only one in my house who knows how to set up the goddamn entertainment items (eg. TV, DVD, VCR, set top box, PC...)

Just got the names mixed up is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yama View Post
                            I love Biohazard 3 Last Escape, the atmosphere is spot on. I did a small feature based on the games surroundings. Having shared it with Dot, I figure I'll allow some others to see it as well. It's image heavy, so I'll link to it opposed to posting the images: http://biohaze.com/special/streetsx.htm
                            Here are some more I'm not sure I saw on your website. They are from one of the projects I'm currently working on
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Currently working? You sent me these years ago.

Comment

• Well, there are four in that set I just found out about some time this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X