Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Colvin help out in that at all?

Comment

• I ripped the backgrounds myself using the BSS Extraction Method from the PSX versions (including some of the betas/demos) and am just scanning them for anything out of the ordinary, and if possible looking for either the original source or the inspiration, such as the crashed bus from RE2 was inspired by the movie Speed, the whole Robocop 3 similarities in the RPD Briefing Room, some of the images in RE3 (one of the warrant pictures) is taken directly from Leon the Professional, the whole "burning zombies" bit we saw in the remake was actually in the Night OTD, zombie arms coming through the window we saw in RE2 was also in Night OTD, crows crashing through the window in RE2 was of course in the movie The Birds, the man-eating plants in RE2 was based on the man-eating plant in the Little Shop of Horrors (I haven't seen the remake as of yet, but I do have the original B&W version).

My recent work is basically what's driving further investigation into the "Entertainment References" list I've been working on. I'm not looking foward to watching California Dreams since it's too similar to Saved By The Bell and that does nothing for me... There are a few other references worth checking out, but they are more TV series...

Comment

• I'll add on to the list too There're a dozen more ...
        Attached Files

Comment

• The ivies remind me of the triffids from The Day of the Triffids.
          Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 09-25-2008, 04:10 PM.
          See you in hell.

Comment

• Yeah, yeah... I know this is not a RE3 background, but since you guys touch the background analizys subject, I remember a render in special. Ryoji Shimogama, the texture designer (I'm not sure if he was also a character designer) in RE2, named a store in Raccoon with his inversed last name: Amagomihs Store .
            Attached Files

Comment

• Is that the chemical bag from RE1 on the table in the gas station?
              In one of Xfactor's shots?
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Ridley W. Hayes View Post
                Yeah, yeah... I know this is not a RE3 background, but since you guys touch the background analizys subject, I remember a render in special. Ryoji Shimogama, the texture designer (I'm not sure if he was also a character designer) in RE2, named a store in Raccoon with his inversed last name: Amagomihs Store .
                it seems so...

The official game credits for Resident Evil 2 released on PlayStation in 1998. The credits include 33 people.

Comment

• XFactor, some of those angles I can't remember seeing in-game. Unused?

Comment

• They're all in the game. Some are just cutscene angles.

Comment

• My recent work is basically what's driving further investigation into the "Entertainment References" list I've been working on.
                      PO, don't forget Aliens.
                      I remember back when I was playing RE3 a LOT, one night I watched Aliens afterwards. I was shocked how similar the ending was to RE3. With the big elevator, the destruction warning and the whole vibe of the big showdown conclusion.

Comment

• Most movies have bigass endings like that

I thought RE2 had the big elevator, not RE3...

Comment

• Originally posted by xfactor View Post
                          I'll add on to the list too There're a dozen more ...
                          This coming from my favorite RE of all time. You sir are very dedicating to doing that

Comment

• what means this pic ?
                            there is the chain place ?

Comment

• why just not run around the place it worked for me lol

Comment

• Anyone know what relevance the two park grave names have?

Otto and some other 191?-1986

Also how do you open the safe with the said complicated lock outside the experiment room where you find the vaccine medium?
                                If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X