Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by A-J View Post
    isn't the PS1 screen the same thing ?
    I meant new to the version (as opposed to none), not an improvement over any older results screen. Sorry if that caused any confusion.

Originally posted by Project Omega View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csDE3Y1z8zI

Boredom can cause one to achieve wierd things... I figured I'd share this. I need to change the music. 8 year old techno/trance isn't awesome anymore
    Haha I used to have fun doing that. I also saw your quick turn vid. Really interesting stuff...
    Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 09-16-2008, 09:57 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
      Well, since the Gamecube version appears to be a port of the Dual Shock PS1, I doubt it will have those screens and the timer/ranking .
      Yes. The GC version is identical to the DS one, sans the ability to skip the cutscenes.

Technically, it's a blessing since the DC version was based on the PC one which had lower quality music (a bit MIDI-ish/ save room music is the most obvious). The track of the precinct's exterior was missing too.

Nightmare mode aside, the DC version is my least favorite because of the controller and to an extent, the music. I haven't played it in a few years.

EDIT: I should have the saves up soon. I had to cut my vacation 5 days short due to what I think is a cold.
      Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 09-16-2008, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• I'm confused... need help

So, the time and ranking after a Hunk and Tofu mission is not on the GC version? I could check this myself but I'm a bit lazy.
        It's strange because I've got memories of looking at my time and rank after completing 4th Survivor and I've only played various Playstation versions and the GC version.

These 'sketches and video galleries'. They are on the pc Platinum edition and not on any other? I've got RE2 on pc but it's not Platinum (it came in a big white box).
        Is there such a thing as a Playstation RE2 Platinum?
        What about that ps1 Greatest Hits version. The one with the lime green strip on the side of the cover. Does that have anything extra?
        To add to my confusion I've been using this mouse pad for years, so I'm always looking at 'RE2 Platinum'.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Holy shit, awsome mouse pad!

PO, that's a cool video! I'll have to try it later. BTW, Neo (The One) by Slyder is 7 years old, and still my favourite trance track ever

Comment

• Oh nooo... I've been playing Beta 2 now for the past two hours, and it just crashed on me when I entered the vent shaft where you burn the plant vines. God damnit, I never saved either. What a disaster. I guess I'll room jump to the point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skunky View Post
              These 'sketches and video galleries'. They are on the pc Platinum edition and not on any other? I've got RE2 on pc but it's not Platinum (it came in a big white box).
              RE2 PC is called RE2 Platinum, even thought that "Platinum" is nowhere to be found on the box. There's no other PC versions (ok, there's also that version made by Source Next, that is compatible with WinXP and was released only in Japan, but that doesn't count ).
              Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 09-18-2008, 03:11 AM.

Comment

• Cheap-ass Capcom, always saving ink

Comment

• isnt it that you cant get some sort of weapon if you do?

Comment

• By the way, I think there are less ink ribbons in the B scenario than there are in the A scenario.
                    See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andyfer_Ruu View Post
                      isnt it that you cant get some sort of weapon if you do?
                      I think if you mess around with the item selector portion of the game it crashes when certain things were equipped, but I was doing a "legit" playthough. I think it was something to do with the ivy enemies. I heard one of them as I entered the room, and as I walked forward, it crashed. So its either related to:

-Ivy attacking you
                      -The game trying to display an ivy
                      -That particular background

Or some other odd glitch. Basically, just dont go there

Comment

• RE2 PC is called RE2 Platinum, even thought that "Platinum" is nowhere to be found on the box. There's no other PC versions (ok, there's also that version made by Source Next, that is compatible with WinXP and was released only in Japan, but that doesn't count ).
                        Wow, thanks Mr.Zombie!
                        I just popped the disk in and yep, there's a 'special' option with the galleries inside... I had no idea. It dosn't even say Platinum on the title screen.
                        I don't play games on my pc, I just use it for web surfing, emails and photoshop etc. The only reason I've got RE2 pc is because one day I found it in a bargain bin for $10.
                        It does look quite nice. Clean, crisp, in game graphics but I can't stand 'trying' to play games using the keyboard (I SUCK).
                        I bought a 'Nostromo' game pad which is basically an exact replica of a ps2 controller for pc. It works on all those 'mame' arcade games but I've never figured out how to use it on RE2 (if it's even possible).

Does anyone have a definitive answer on my 4th Survivor rankings question? I've read different answers earlier in the thread.

Comment

• The 4th Survivor/tofu rankings are in the GC verison and DS verison but not the original ps1 verison. I'm not sure about the DC or PC because I haven't played them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                            By the way, I think there are less ink ribbons in the B scenario than there are in the A scenario.
                            I have no clue... been a long time since I used more than one ink ribbon in a playthrough

Originally posted by Stars1356 View Post
                            The 4th Survivor/tofu rankings are in the GC verison and DS verison but not the original ps1 verison. I'm not sure about the DC or PC because I haven't played them.
                            The DC version has the rankings iirc

EDIT:
                            Wikipedia to the help!!!
                            DUAL SHOCK VERSION:
                            Several months after the original release, a second version of Resident Evil 2 was released known as the DualShock Version. As the title suggests, the game was modified to incorporate support for the vibration function and analog control of the PlayStation DualShock controller. The main addition is a new unlockable minigame, Extreme Battle. The objective is to reach the police station from the underground laboratory and retrieve four anti-biohazard bombs located throughout the station. There are four playable characters and three difficulty settings. The Extreme Battle became a standard feature for subsequent versions of the game.

There are also some minor additions, such as ranking screens for the Hunk and Tofu minigames, a Rookie difficulty setting for the main game, as well as a "USA version" mode in the Japanese version, based on the North American version's default setting and a new cheat code that grants the player unlimited ammo for all weapons.
                            OTHER PLATFORMS:
                            Like the original game, Resident Evil 2 was released on other platforms after its initial success on the PlayStation. The first of these ports was a PC version titled Resident Evil 2 Platinum in 1999. It features all the additions from the Dual Shock Version and added a new gallery mode featuring illustrations, renders and in-game character models, as well as a new Hard difficulty setting for the main game.

The Sega Dreamcast version, released the same year, features these additions, along with the added benefit of viewing the character's health in a VMU. In Japan, the Dreamcast version (where it was titled Biohazard 2 Value Plus) was bundled with a demo of Resident Evil Code: Veronica and also contained assorted music from several Resident Evil soundtracks released in Japan.

A Nintendo 64 version was also released in 1999, ported by Angel Studios (currently Rockstar San Diego). While it was the only port of the game that did not feature the Extreme Battle mode, it did contain some console-exclusive features. The most prominent was a series of additional in-game documents known as the "EX Files" that connected the plot of the game with the other games in the series (including the then-unreleased Resident Evil Zero). Other features include an item randomizer, violence control, first-person controls and new unlockable outfits replacing the ones from the previous versions. A Hunter from the first Resident Evil is also given a cameo appearance. The game supported the Rumble Pak and Expansion Pak. The N64 version is notable due to the compression techniques that the developers were forced to use in order to fit two CD-ROMs worth of data onto a single 64MB cartridge. It also featured, for the time, a high resolution display of 640x480 compared to the PS1 version's 320x240. In fact the game would change the resolution at each camera cut based on the number of enemies in the room. Many enemies took more processing power, so the game chose lower resolutions. When all the enemies were defeated, it would run at 640x480. The N64 version also featured surround sound, not found on the PS1 version, using the Mosys system from Factor 5.

The Nintendo GameCube version, released in 2003, is identical to the PlayStation's Dual Shock Version in terms of content, featuring only a minimal set of improvements such as skippable cut scenes and a higher framerate for the game's FMV sequences.
                            The Dreamcast Version also has the 180° turn, but the cut scenes are not skippable

Love the unlimited Ammo Cheat Code and the VMU Health Viewing
                            Last edited by Scott Green; 09-19-2008, 01:37 AM.

Comment

• whens the new podcast going to be uploaded? : D i cant wait for it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                                Oh nooo... I've been playing Beta 2 now for the past two hours, and it just crashed on me when I entered the vent shaft where you burn the plant vines. God damnit, I never saved either. What a disaster. I guess I'll room jump to the point.
                                That happens to me as well. I thought it had something to do with my PSP but I guess it happens on regular hardware as well. I can get into the room but it locks up immediately.

Comment

Working...
                                X