No announcement yet.

RPD Dispatch 4 - Playing RE:CV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lets not forget her really disturbed brother...I think leggy got it right with the tranny twins. what caused that whole Schizophrenia with alfred becoming his sister?

Comment

Originally posted by Project Omega View Post
      Something to ponder while you're playing. If she was kept for "frozen" for 15 years, then there are two things we should see:

1. Since her metabolism rate would have slowed to almost zero, she would have not have aged/grown into the size of a normal adult. She's still have her 12~13 year old body.
      That was one of the things that bugged me to no end. That and the fact that Alexia and Alfred should have been the same gender.

Comment

I always wonder, how did Alexia, after she had awaken, know that the dead man wearing a red suit and a female make-up (at least Alfred had make-up when he felt over the railing) is her brother? How did she know that Claire and Steve were responsible for his death? How did she know who Wesker was (and why the hell did she pop-up on that screen and laugh at him)? And did she know that someone was coming for Claire, so she placed her cover in that sticky yellow goo under the stairs in the main hall (I don't think she did that just because she thought it would be cool)?

Even thought it wasn't ever mentioned in the game itself, I really think that Alexia had some kind of psychic powers (just like in the Perry's book), because that's the only explanation to all this.

Comment

its the antz ! they tell her everything..

Comment

Finished it!
            What a slog. But you'll be able to hear my thoughts in full on the podcast.
            Just quietly, I don't think I'll be too kind...
            sigpic

Comment

I've just beaten Nosferatu the hard way because I totally forgot about the Sniper Rifle. I'm also playing the Gamecube version.

I've got the Japanese version too, which came packaged with SOME kind of demo, so I might try that one too. (PS2)

Comment

It'll be the Devil May Cry demo. The Japanese demo is different to any other version of the game released too.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                  That was one of the things that bugged me to no end. That and the fact that Alexia and Alfred should have been the same gender.
                  Well, their whole birth using modified genes taken from their ancestor, Veronica Ashford, should mean that they should have both been women considering that Veronica's genetic code would have two X chromosomes. Although they could have used somatic cell nuclear transfer to create a "clone" of Veronica, they didn't have this technology back in the 1970's when the Ashford Twins were born. The process entails the transfer of a nucleus from a donor adult cell (a somatic cell) to an egg which has had its nucleus removed. If the egg begins to divide normally (generally, after a stimulus is applied) it is transferred into the uterus of the surrogate mother.

Since they probably used invitro fertilization techniques to create the twins, this would have involved Alexander to manually fertilize the genetically modified eggs with, most likely, using his semen.

Dizygotic (two zygotes) twins (a.k.a. fraternal twins) occur when two fertilized eggs are implanted in the uterine wall at the same time. Given that most invitro fertilization techniques involve fertilizing many eggs and then placing them into a prepped uterus and hoping that atleast one attaches itself to the uterine wall which starts the pregnancy, there is the chance that more than one egg will achieve uterine wall attachment, as seen in this case with the Ashford Twins.

Nothing is ever mentioned about the surrogate mother and we don't know what happened to her or even how she was chosen or what compensation she was offered (other than money of course). Hell, we don't even know if the Ashford Twins were the only set of children created from Alexander's experiments. If there were more, and Alexia and Alfred found out, it could have fueled their hate for their father as we see in Code Veronica. Knowing you're the end result of an experiment and that you could have been a fluke is a lot to swallow at the age of 10/11 when their father mysteriously "died".

Comment

I'll try and score myself a second hand copy ASAP, then boot it up on an emulator, and have a quick and hard runthrough. See if I can finish it in time, but probably not.

If I work really hard at it though... we'll see what happens.

Comment

I've just begun Chris' adventure, I now need to engage the Gulp Worm with just a handgun and 70 bullets. As for how I would describe this game, it would be as follows:

Backtracking, crate pushing, moth eggs and siblings.
                      See you in hell.

Comment

I might just reread the 4 part CV graphic novels. It would be much faster and probably a lot more entertaining too
                        Those comics actually follow the CV story very accurately.

Comment

I'm playing as Chris now, at the Antarctic facility. Jesus, this game has so much back tracking its not even funny.

Comment

I'd get so frustrated if I had to do all that backtracking. Back in the day it was pretty normal, but most games today barely have any backtracking at all, let alone the absurd amount of backtracking that some of the Resident Evil games had.

Comment

This goes way beyond the previous games. Seriously, its insane. It doesn't help that the environments are so bland either.

Comment

Dot, the backtracking makes the game more challenging and more fun to play (for me). The first three RE games are easier you can complete them in 2 hours.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X