No announcement yet.

RPD Dispatch 6 - Resident Evil (Movie)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God, why do people hate Apocalypse so bad!? It was a great action film! That's all I ask from a film!!!
    Well I quite liked it, Helegad.
    The 3 movies are all pretty crappy but I enjoyed Apocalypse more than the other 2. There were a number of things I enjoyed about it but I'll save that for when or if there is an Apocalypse podcast thread. Basically, it's an entertaining film.
    As I said, all the movies are pretty bad but the first film I also found rather dull and boring. It's not good enough to be taken seriously, it dosn't contain enough action or fun for me to just switch of my brain and enjoy it, the production values are weak and cheap, failing to impress, the story does very loosely resemble a Resident Evil imitation but it's not enough to drag the thing out of lameness and there are no scares and very little gore.
    I guess it's better than the 3rd film (although, I've only watched that one once, so I could change my mind) but Apocalypse is WAY better than both of them. I know a lot of people think different but I couldn't give a shit.

Edit: I forgot to mention that, it pains me to say it, but the Laser room scene was probably the best part of the movie. It has the best cinematography, the best effects and the best gore in the film... Capcom liked the scene so much, they ported it over to the games.
    Last edited by Skunky; 11-17-2008, 06:14 PM.

Comment

The final runtime will be about 3 hours, sorry. We'll have a strict limit of 1 hour 30 minutes max anymore. This is just way too much work to edit and it makes me miss the deadlines. The next one should be a nice short one. I'll have this one up soon.

Comment

The site's news archive. You can post comments about each news post here.

Posted!

Comment

Another great edition to the podcast
          "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
          Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

downloading it now!
            these podcasts are great, i always look forward to the next one.

Comment

Awww, I think the longer the podcast, the better I'll miss the really long ones *sniffle*

Comment

i loved this pod cast i listened to the whole thing!
                but i would like to voice some opinion's
                first:arent there umbrella logo's on everything in the game also umbrella makes everything by the way even soda!
                second:i actually liked the second movie most because it had more actual r.e in it
                third:i hate the licker in the r.e movie..also i wish they had made the romero script
                fourth:i think the train is called alexi as an homage to code veronica

Comment

I was going through some old gaming magazines - and found the one which contains the original RE movie poster. I think I mentioned I'd seen it on the podcast. I know Rob brought it up. Anyways, the magazine is called HYPER, Issue 49, November 1997. It's an Australian and NZ magazine. November 1997 would mean that the movie talk even pre-dates the release of Biohazard 2. The small write up says that Jason Patric will be Chris, and Samantha Mathis will be Jill. There is also a pic of someone in a STARS costume, but I'm not sure who it is.
                  sigpic

Comment

As I recall that screen wasn't anything official, I think that was probably some cosplay or something. The Patric and Mathis thing was an early IMDb/gaming site speculation, but then again there was that poster which does have a near-exact tag line that was still used on the finished film five years later. I was starting working on websites around this time but I can't recall much more than that...

Comment

Working...
                    X