No announcement yet.

RPD Dispatch 7 - Apocalypse & Extinction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goddamn it, am I the only one who liked Survivor?! Give it a break!

Comment

i've got a sealed copy of survivor 2 here and i haven't ever played that game .. ever >_>

the first survivor was pretty decent (leaning towards god awful)

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
        Goddamn it, am I the only one who liked Survivor?! Give it a break!
        I feel that way about liking Dead Aim sometimes...but I thought Survivor was fun. Outbreak is still a a fave though. Massive hoards of zombies + melee weapon or nail gun = joy

edit- frig...I need to stop posting at 3 am...missed that I was talking about Outbreak. *shrugs*
        Last edited by Bertha; 11-30-2008, 03:56 AM.
        sigpic
        Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Survivor's OK, but it's story is easily the weakest in the series. Even Code: VERONICA managed to go better than the whole, 'Let's combine amnesia, mistaken indentities AND the evil villain rising from the dead later.' And those bloody kids drove me nuts.

I really, really like Outbreak though. Outbreak is awesome.

Still, I'm not shocked a lot of folk didn't like the movies. There are an awful lot of things not to like and very few things to enjoy.

Comment

I really, really like Outbreak though. Outbreak is awesome.
            Outbreak IS awesome, the only thing that kills it off completely is capcom's utter lack of optimization for the game's single player component, i mean hell everyone knew ps2 wasn't exactly a good online gaming system, and the game even had a full-on single player component ..

the least those fuckers could have done was make it so the game doesn't spend 30 seconds loading every single tiny room !! Even file 2 which was supposed to be "faster" has atleast 20 seconds load times in each area (besides the tutorial bar level which is the only area that loads in decent times).

Comment

@Dot and Co.:
              Do you guys have any idea on what game you are going to review for Episode 8?
              Last edited by Becky's Butt; 11-30-2008, 03:48 AM.

Comment

the survivor sub-series please ?

Comment

I say Outbreak, but I'm a fanboy for those.

I still want an Outbreak remake with all the scenarios the buggers promised so we can have one coherent game.

Comment

Yeah, survivor and dead aim (I liked both by the way) or outbreaks (also awesome imo) would be cool to discuss.
                    "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

• Well I would think they'd finish all the main series games before starting the others. So there's still Zero and 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikkolas View Post
                        So there's still Zero and 4.
                        Don't forget the Remake...
                        sigpic

Comment

• I think it's gonna be one subject per podcast. Dot and co. are only doing Apocalype and Extinction together because nobody wanted two podcasts for the... ahem... "godawful" movies.

I liked them but even then I don't think I would have been too keen on two podcasts for two movies.

Comment

• We're probably doing the BH5 demo for the next podcast, if its out in time. I'll record a special segment with two people who are new to the podcast (but not to THIA) in case the demo doesn't hit in time.

Comment

• Well that's cool too. RE5 demo: in depth analysis.
                              "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                                I say Outbreak, but I'm a fanboy for those.

I still want an Outbreak remake with all the scenarios the buggers promised so we can have one coherent game.
                                I think it would be a great idea as well if Capcom whould just remake both Outbrek 1 and 2 for the PS3 the AI would be a hell of alot smater not just running around in cucles and doing jack shit and get rid of half the bugs and make the cutsence alot better as well then the game might be good

Comment

Working...
                                X