RPD Dispatch 8 - RE5 Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rewak View Post
    Tried playing it a few more times and i still hate it, one of the largest flaws is the fact the game still plays whilst you have the inventory open, so whilst you're trying to either equip another weapon or heal, you're getting you ass handed to you.
    You know that you can assing 4 items in your inventory to D-pad, so you can use them without entering inventory screen?

Comment

• Didn't actually, it's still pointless though, it shouldn't need to be like that, what about transferring items from player to player? Still an issue there.

Comment

• While I certainly miss the attache case from RE4, they pretty much had to make the inventory realtime in this game due to the online mode. They did it for the Outbreaks, as well.

Comment

• I don't know if people found this, but if you hold down the back button both chris and sheva will pose with a relaxed stance

Comment

• Originally posted by Beef_jerky_yo View Post
            I don't know if people found this, but if you hold down the back button both chris and sheva will pose with a relaxed stance
            You don't have to hold any button to get them to do it. That's their idle animation.

Comment

• Originally posted by riderkid View Post
              im actually gonna post an audio review later but i will tell everyone my top[ 3 gripes.

3. Varying AI
              sometimes its like your partner is an idiot and the rest its she's smarter than you and the enemies either A kill you or B stand still like morons(in online mode)
              2 real time menu
              my only gripe on this is its hard to hela correctly. dead space had a near similar menu and to help this out they had auto healing so that when you pressed X you could heal out of menu. i hope they add this is in the final product.
              3 aiming difficulties
              ok so this might be more of a personal problem but aiming is a bit stiffer in this game. it takes too long to aim and by the time you have good aiming your enemies are chopping you up into a chris wrap or a shera chalupa.

other than that my audio review should show my favorites points but these are my common problems.

arigoto
              did you mean arigatou? . yeah i get your point about the aiming, i saw there was an aiming sensitivity option in control settings, but i just stuck with default. i do like the real time inventory though, i like the added tension.

Comment

• Did anyone notice the guy with the megaphone from the trailers jumps down and tries to kill you like the others? Haha, he tries to kill you...with his megaphone!

Comment

• Originally posted by Corrin View Post
                  Did anyone notice the guy with the megaphone from the trailers jumps down and tries to kill you like the others? Haha, he tries to kill you...with his megaphone!
                  Ha, yep. Some early gameplay footage showed him doing that too so i wasn't suprised - It's also how we managed to call BS on this supposed 'leaked' RE5 info claiming he was going to be a noteworthy character in the game. He seems to take a few more hits than the regular dudes but his head gets blown off all the same.

Comment

• Figured out the easiest way to do Chris' neckbreaker for anyone who is interested. Shoot the enemy in the leg so they fall to their knees, then run around behind them, and the prompt will change from Uppercut to Neckbreaker.

Comment

• Originally posted by rewak View Post
                      Didn't actually, it's still pointless though, it shouldn't need to be like that, what about transferring items from player to player? Still an issue there.
                      Come prepared? Really, that's a moot argument.

It removes RE4's horrible micro-managing of equipment which was tedious and pointless, as-well as utterly time wasting. It also adds a degree of difficulty to the game, something RE4 generally lacked altogether.
                      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post

Audio: Windows Media Audio 48000Hz 6ch 384Kbps [Raw Audio 0]
                        Video: WVC1 1280x720 29.97fps 7400Kbps [Raw Video 1]

Try this:

It's worth a try, given that those WMA files are ultimately bitstreamed in DD.

Things are certainly compressed quite a bit here, and audio bitrate is below DVD standards, and the video bitrate is on par. Hopefully this is just a work in progress for the demo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                          Figured out the easiest way to do Chris' neckbreaker for anyone who is interested. Shoot the enemy in the leg so they fall to their knees, then run around behind them, and the prompt will change from Uppercut to Neckbreaker.
                          Can someone please do a video showing Chris and all his melee moves. I'd like to see the neckbreaker move.
                          Last edited by CODE_umb87; 12-06-2008, 07:52 PM.

Comment

• Things are certainly compressed quite a bit here, and audio bitrate is below DVD standards, and the video bitrate is on par. Hopefully this is just a work in progress for the demo.
                            Well they are just logo FMV's. Waste of space, really.

That and they are probably compressed to keep the demo size manageable.
                            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• True, I should've specified that I'm concerned about the audio bitrate rather than video. In-game and FMV audio is identical these days in quality, and the demo is understandably compressed.

I just hope it fairs better than DMC4. Not that it was bad, but compared to many other AAA games out there, the sample quality was a bit lacking as was the mix. MGS4 spoiled me quite a bit too later on.
                              Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 12-06-2008, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post
                                Come prepared? Really, that's a moot argument.

It removes RE4's horrible micro-managing of equipment which was tedious and pointless, as-well as utterly time wasting. It also adds a degree of difficulty to the game, something RE4 generally lacked altogether.
                                Working in a library has given me OCD, so getting everything in the case organized was fun for me. And it would have been better if you could have used Ashley...giving her items to hold. Turning her into a pack mule would have been a bit amusing.

The real time items menu is slightly growing on me...but there are some annoying points where Sheva will run out of ammo and simply stand there waiting while I have to either kill everything and wait for ammo to drop or risked getting attacked while handing her some. And when she's standing their waiting, she becomes an open target and then I have to worry about giving her herbs as well. By default though I usually hand over the medical supplies to her at the beginning or order her to pick them up when we pass them.
                                sigpic
                                Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Working...
                                X