No announcement yet.

My Updated RPD 1st floor and basement maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He seems to pretty much be like Marvin in retail. Meet him while he's wounded, you leave him, run into him again later and he's dead/dies.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alzaire View Post
      Good ol' Roy, it's so sad that you [censored] and tried to [censored] and unfortunately [censored] and John [censored].

Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
      I am guessing Roy is a one off character then? Meaning you only meet him once for one particular scene/reason, only for him to die afterwards?
      Yep, he's basically retail Marvin. Hell, you could probably give Roy Marvin's RE2 dialogue and it would fit pretty nicely.

Comment

I stand corrected, and my apologies. Now that I go back and look at my Bioflames dataset, I see we only had the front end of the Radio Room as a genuine still, not the back. I'm getting old ....

The notion that Roy was removed came from reports I found on other RE15-related websites. Obviously these were incorrect.

Two misconceptions cleared up - who knows how many more to go?

While we wait, here's a little video I edited together a few months back for your enjoyment. Obviously it needs some major updating, but I hope it entertains you all the same.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        Last edited by RMandel; 10-20-2012, 01:19 AM.
        Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
        Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by RMandel View Post
          While we wait, here's a little video I edited together a few months back for your enjoyment. Obviously it needs some major updating, but I hope it entertains you all the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHVJY5PawA0
          Great stuff! I'll be honest, I get so wrapped up in the game's design that sometimes I forget that it has a plot!

---

Speaking of the game's design, Alzaire made an important point recently in the "Puzzles" thread about the RPD basement. The dark corridors that are eventually illuminated are on B1 and not B2, as many of us had long assumed. To account for this, I simply switched B1 and B2 on my maps: [EDIT: UPDATED]

In keeping with my intra-floor layout, this elevates the Parking Garage to B1, which is more in agreement with Black~Crow's theories. I also adjusted my "ramp" theory to reflect this change. Black~Crow noted that the city lights can be seen from the ramps, but I think that they are just a collection of guidance lights lining the maze of parking ramps.
          Last edited by Enigmatism415; 01-08-2013, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Nice work. How's the idea of the interactive map going? I think that would a great addition to it.

BioHazard YouTube Channel
            BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

I have a fair amount of programming experience under my belt (C / C++ / Java), but integrating and modifying bitmaps is a rusty aspect for me. I might need to enlist someone who has more experience with those things. Truly, designing an interactive map program is no difficult feat, I just need that little bit of extra guidance.

Comment

For now, if you and every one else wants, I could probably whip up a video along those likes of what you just saw - but more in a documentary style. Like SurvivHor's old videos, in a way, but completely reworked and with major updates. The idea's not that far removed from my own RE15 "dramatic" video series. Also, it wouldn't have any of the plot and drama interpolations from my own RE15 project, which might sit better with our resident RE15 experts (pardon the pun ). It wouldn't be interactive, of course, but it still might be useful. I've a fair amount of video editing experience under my belt (Star Blazers Remastered, RESIDENT EVIL: The Series), and I'd enjoy the challenge.

Comment

In light of the new Halloween video, I thought it would be a good time to update my map in accordance with the new information.

I anticipate updating it again in December when new information is released, if not sooner.

Comment

Man speaking of the mod, I wonder if they will implement all the unseen rooms. It can't be that hard as most of the data is on the Bio2 trial edition.
                    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                      Man speaking of the mod, I wonder if they will implement all the unseen rooms. It can't be that hard as most of the data is on the Bio2 trial edition.
                      You have to think they know about those rooms, and could use them.....right?

Comment

I'm pretty sure they are going to incorporate them into this build, but just have not shown us anything yet. I'm sure this build will end up being nearly 100%, minus voices, fmv's, and some events. But largely I think everything will be there.

Oh and these maps in this thread are great! I'm sure the team will use them as well.
                        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                          Oh and these maps in this thread are great! I'm sure the team will use them as well.
                          My, wouldn't that be an honor XD

I'm sure that this team could produce far better maps than me and Black~Crow combined. Besides, I am implementing the RE2/RE3 map style, which I think looks cooler than the style of the "legitimate" BH1.5 map. Maybe Capcom would have used this newer map style in BH1.5 had they continued its production.

Comment

Hey Enig or Black Crow, try making the back stairwell go through all three floors in the same location, like the front one. I think you'll find some interesting things happen on the second and third floors when you do.

Comment

Originally posted by RMandel View Post
                              Hey Enig or Black Crow, try making the back stairwell go through all three floors in the same location, like the front one. I think you'll find some interesting things happen on the second and third floors when you do.
                              What exactly did you have in mind?

Comment

Well, if you make the "new" stairwell run through all three upper floors, like a real building, then you can solve most of the problems with the various pieces of 2F we know about - including those two hallway stills, and the fact that the Media Room HAS to share one wall with one side of the building (that big picture window to the left in the stills). As for 3F, I lean more toward Black Crow's thinking in that regard - but in his case, it gives Chief Irons a way to get to his office from inside the building without having to use the other stairwell (the one that opens to the outside in Curator's first video). You accounted for that in your 3F map, but it fixes a big reality issue with his old 3F one.

2F could probably use a lot more tweaking, and there's the landing issue with the stairwell - which is why I have the door at the extreme end of the new back hall (the two hallway stills. I put the Radio Room door where I did so it wouldn't be visible in the still we have of Elza standing near the sign in the 2F main hallway. There's still that "new" room created by this reshuffling - storage or save? - and the map probably needs more work. At least you can see what I'm talking about.

I adapted your 3F map to Black Crow's 3F and the helipad to show what this would do to his own 3F map. My apologies for quick-bashing your beautiful maps - and don't worry about being too critical. Alzaire himself once chewed me out over a bad RPD map I had made, and I deserved it.

The "new" stairwell wouldn't have to run to the basement, BTW - just the upper three floors. I'm using my local courthouse as an example. It's about the same size physically as RE15's RPD building and has three stairwells - one in the center and one on each end. Only the middle one runs to the basement. The two end ones service only the upper floors.
                                Last edited by RMandel; 11-06-2012, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X