Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 Words that describes THIA !!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Gotta side with Helegad here. There are a lot of tasteless jokes at THIA and most of them can be ignored, including this one. Especially when a lot of members are getting a free pass and *especially* when this is purely a spam-thread.

    Theres clear racism, xenophobia and obviously infraction-worthy action, and then theres bad jokes or jokes with bad timing. Unless Darkmoon lives in the US Im going to say that you guys have not seen enough to justify that knee-jerk reaction at Helegad. He was trolling, slap him for that. But not for some amiguous "Oh my god, he said the H word! What should we do!"

    So yeah, heres my entry:

    Shit needs chillinĀ“!

    Comment


    • #62
      It wasn't as bad of a shit troll since someone from a certain troll site was banned here!
      Last edited by ; 08-17-2009, 10:22 AM.

      Comment


      • #63
        ...why would living in the US make a difference? I'm in the UK, to be specific.

        As for Helegad being punished...he hasn't been. The reason we're considering it is mostly his past record. We're much more likely to take this sorta as a joke when you aren't somone whose been in as much trouble for so many different things. And, honestly, despite his claims I'm not especially certain it was a joke.

        For other things, well, I dunno about free passes. I know not all our punishments are public. Some are private message warnings and the like instead, when we feel they'll do more good and the offence is a minor one/first time thing. I do know some remarks have been allowed to slide, though, usually when it's two people baiting each other and they've already stopped...at least in that thread.

        Comment


        • #64
          A joke? I've yet to see how comparing this site to a Nazi Concentration Camp is funny. Where's the punch line?

          Or you know Helegad, we could just laugh about disabled people or burn victims instead.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
            ...why would living in the US make a difference? I'm in the UK, to be specific.
            I was thinking about US people having the whole racism issue in their face all the time. But the point was that I see it as overreaction and the guy should have just gotten a note for trolling. Right now, this looks like a persecution. But I do agree that hes misbehaving from time to time. My record isnt spotless either

            Comment


            • #66
              stop the fighting! cant you see your taring us apart! now can we all get back on topic?

              nazis are bad...
              mods are cool...
              live with it...

              Comment


              • #67
                It was a joke, no matter how much you think I'm so sick to actually think that this site is as bad as a Nazi concentration camp. Nothing more, nothing less. And MOS is right, this is pretty much a pure spam thread. I was just throwing in my two cents of spam.

                Oh, and spam thread doesn't really cover it all. I'd say let's-suck-up-to-the-mods-and-staff-of-THIA thread as well

                Comment


                • #68
                  It wasn't spam, it was a dig at the site (whether intended jokingly or not) and it's offended a few members here (not myself included because it doesn't really bother me), which you've not even apologized for which I find bad of you in itself. The fact is, even if it was a joke, it's offended people and no one's found it funny, and you don't even seem to care that you've badly offended some people on this site.
                  Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 08-18-2009, 10:00 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by Member_of_STARS View Post
                    I was thinking about US people having the whole racism issue in their face all the time. But the point was that I see it as overreaction and the guy should have just gotten a note for trolling. Right now, this looks like a persecution. But I do agree that hes misbehaving from time to time. My record isnt spotless either
                    Trust me, we have issues with racism in the UK. I remember when someone decided Baa Baa Black Sheep was offensive, as was This Little Piggy (Muslims might be offended!) so yes, we've seen Politicol Correctness go a little mad.

                    And again, we haven't punished Helegad. Rebuked him, yes, but no more than a normal member would. And yes, I was one of those slightly offended at being called a Nazi...but then, I've seen the pictures of the bodies of kids that the Nazis thought were better off in an incinerator before they were dead, and been around some of the concentration camps. And of course the lovely little village in France where they rounded up the town in the church, then set it on fire...some of the stuff there? Totally hilarious.

                    I should point out, however, that I'm not the only one. It's not even only those on the staff here.

                    And if I was really after Helegad I'd simply report some private messages he sent me when I asked him if he was trying to get banned, and if leaving with a little dignity might not be better. His replies are probably enough to see him gone. Honestly? I don't like him but I'd rather see him shape up and be a contributing member, rather than the guy that laughs at burnt people or gets banned again for piracy. I doubt it will happen, and feel his last permanent ban should never have been overturned (I argued against it) but since he is here, I'd rather he be a decent member.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      ^ Your from UK? Interesting...
                      I was thinking more along the lines of Norway myself lol.
                      "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                      Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        That's where my ancestors came from, what with the pillaging.

                        Here's three word thing for the thread...

                        Vikings pillage THIA.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Lock the Thread.

                          Rock is Dead.

                          I hate work.

                          More Resident Evil.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                            Trust me, we have issues with racism in the UK. I remember when someone decided Baa Baa Black Sheep was offensive, as was This Little Piggy (Muslims might be offended!) so yes, we've seen Politicol Correctness go a little mad.

                            And again, we haven't punished Helegad. Rebuked him, yes, but no more than a normal member would. And yes, I was one of those slightly offended at being called a Nazi...but then, I've seen the pictures of the bodies of kids that the Nazis thought were better off in an incinerator before they were dead, and been around some of the concentration camps. And of course the lovely little village in France where they rounded up the town in the church, then set it on fire...some of the stuff there? Totally hilarious.

                            I should point out, however, that I'm not the only one. It's not even only those on the staff here.

                            And if I was really after Helegad I'd simply report some private messages he sent me when I asked him if he was trying to get banned, and if leaving with a little dignity might not be better. His replies are probably enough to see him gone. Honestly? I don't like him but I'd rather see him shape up and be a contributing member, rather than the guy that laughs at burnt people or gets banned again for piracy. I doubt it will happen, and feel his last permanent ban should never have been overturned (I argued against it) but since he is here, I'd rather he be a decent member.
                            If Nazis offend you, then I'd hate to see you watch Inglourious Basterds. You'd be having fits.

                            ... and the truth finally comes out. You want me gone. So THAT'S why you started all this shit over a joke.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Wow this is getting way out of hand!

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Helegad View Post
                                If Nazis offend you, then I'd hate to see you watch Inglourious Basterds. You'd be having fits.

                                ... and the truth finally comes out. You want me gone. So THAT'S why you started all this shit over a joke.
                                It possibly would, hence why I have no intention of seeing it. I have many, many other movies to see first anyway, so it's not great issue. Oh, by the way - you missed a bit;

                                And if I was really after Helegad I'd simply report some private messages he sent me when I asked him if he was trying to get banned, and if leaving with a little dignity might not be better. His replies are probably enough to see him gone. Honestly? I don't like him but I'd rather see him shape up and be a contributing member, rather than the guy that laughs at burnt people or gets banned again for piracy. I doubt it will happen, and feel his last permanent ban should never have been overturned (I argued against it) but since he is here, I'd rather he be a decent member.
                                If I really wanted you gone you'd be gone. I'd rather you shape up. But if you get banned again I will argue, hard, that you have lost the right to return.

                                Three words for THIA? Fear the mods.
                                Last edited by Darkmoon; 08-20-2009, 10:32 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X