Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (Assassin's Cell Solid)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
    The plot of the MGS series, convoluted though it may be, remains my favourite of all time. MGS on PSX, which I bought upon its debut, was the first game I'd ever owned, and I've been following it ever since, so the story makes perfect sense to me.

The Fox Engine is the best I've seen yet, and MGSV will be a spectacular game.
    Agreed 100%. Also it's been confirmed GZ and TPP are indeed one game.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
      Ocelot's VA fits really well. Honestly sounds like a younger Zimmerman.
      Ocelot's VA is Troy Baker.
      Spoiler:

Comment

• http://www.computerandvideogames.com...jima-on-mgs-5/
        Yes, we plan on creating Metal Gear Online. Multiplayer right now is being created at our LA studio as well as us. We're working closely to create a vast multiplayer for all the fans.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	BBVeyecomparision.png
Views:	1
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	403110

Is it me, or has Big Boss's eye color suddenly changed during the 9-year gap?

"V has come to" is starting to seem more dubious.

Edit* I also noticed in the Keifer Sutherland annoucement video that there's there's a date in the corner of the part where Keifer is messing around with Snake's face, which is labeled May 20th. That, and both Keifer and Kojima wear the shame shirts in their interviews and when there posing for that picture at the end.

Click image for larger version

Name:	keiferdate.png
Views:	1
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	403111
          Last edited by valentinesdead?; 06-17-2013, 09:16 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

• Interesting, it's also interesting we haven't seen Big Boss actually being voiced by him.

Comment

• ^^ Doesn't he speak to Kaz?
              Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Let me say that again: We don't see BB face actually delivering the lines. It's either off-screen or from his back.

It's fishy. Still I wouldn't mind if the whole Kiefer business is a lie.
                Last edited by Vito; 06-17-2013, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• Well, I'm not trying to place bets either way. . .but there's clearly something we're not seeing. I hadn't really entertained the idea of the Big Boss in Phantom Pain not being Big Boss until I saw this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb1WhDdto08

While I really doubt Gray Fox is Big Boss in this--there are some intersting points made. The conversation with Ocelot in the trailer makes a whole lot more sense in the context he's instructing a possible imposter. I mean, why would Ocelot have to tell Big Boss that he's a legend, or that Kaz would want him to go in alone(cause of their bro-love and all) to prove he's "the legend." That, and tinkering around with memories has a precedent within the series(Decoy Octopus, Null), which would help explain the hallucentations we see in the hospital section. Also, the various themes of duality that have been shown so far, from FOX and XOF, Hayter being "replaced" by Keifer, to the whole Moby Dick Studio and Joakim Morgen prank--all these things suggest something isn't really as it seems. The original Phantom Pain trailer asking the questions such as "Who and where am I" also seem to possibly hint toward this. As ludircoius as some of Kojima's stunts are, they're never random and pointless. One way or another, it ties into the game in some form or fashion.

Although, it is important to remember that Kojima confirmed the japanese va and keifer are both doing the Ground Zeros and Phantom Pain portions, and they've actually posted a 30 second clip of the japanese va in Phantom Pain (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwmnq77Ij_w), he's also replied with a trollface when an interviewer asked him if there's any misdirection, or if we should believe everything he's said.

I'm not one hundred percent one way or the other, but I am certainly content with enjoying the ride.
                  sigpic

Comment

• I think the whole Keifer not BB thing falls flat when you look at the fact the japanese VA isn't changing, only the english VA. Unless it is all a lie, but that isn't clever, misdirection is clever. Lying is just knob behavior.
                    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Ignoring the whole enigma they are generating, it's business as usual for Kojipro/Konami with these games and I'm not that interested who is on voice acting duties. More concerned if the game is going to be good after being wowed by the newest trailers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                        I think the whole Keifer not BB thing falls flat when you look at the fact the japanese VA isn't changing, only the english VA. Unless it is all a lie, but that isn't clever, misdirection is clever. Lying is just knob behavior.
                        That's what caused the backlash with MGS2... people felt like the trailers out and out lied rather than being filled with misdirection. I can't judge MGSV on that currently but much like MGS2 it will be interesting to go back and compare all this after the game comes out.

Comment

• Originally posted by valentinesdead? View Post
                          The conversation with Ocelot in the trailer makes a whole lot more sense in the context he's instructing a possible imposter. I mean, why would Ocelot have to tell Big Boss that he's a legend, or that Kaz would want him to go in alone(cause of their bro-love and all) to prove he's "the legend."
                          I'd say "Because video game" and "Kojima dialog" (Zomfg! A Security camera!? At a military instalation!? No way!)

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                          I think the whole Keifer not BB thing falls flat when you look at the fact the japanese VA isn't changing, only the english VA. Unless it is all a lie, but that isn't clever, misdirection is clever. Lying is just knob behavior.
                          If there's some sort of "Multi-Snake" thing going on in the game; Akio probably plays all of them in the JP version ;D (I mean, he's played quite a lot of related characters in all the games; pretty much all of them, except from Liquid. That puts him as Naked Snake, Solid Snake, Solidus, Old Snake, and Big Boss. That actually means atleast two games where he plays two key characters whom share scenes with one another.) Akio Otsuka's a beast! The "Voice of a Man God" type of beast, that is!

Comment

• David Hayter shouldn't have voiced Big Boss to begin with, but I suppose that if they looked the same in MGS3, fans expected them to sound the same too.

Comment

• This alone makes the 50 price tag for the Legacy Collection worth it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUSeLdKJk0U

Comment

• The reason Ocelot keeps calling BB a legend and tells him to prove it, is because it's Ocelot for cryin' out loud! Big Boss is the guy's man-crush, essentially he is the Raiden to BB's Solid Snake. He is more than excited to be in his presence and complementing him.

Essentially, since getting the Legacy collection and redoing the series, I cannot be more hyped for this. Especially with some of the great (or utterly crazy) origin stories we'll get for characters such as Liquid (who is pretty undeniably Eli), Psycho Mantis (who is not too far-fetched as a child solider, considering his explanation of how he was essentially Mantis from early childhood), and more than likely Gray Fox (from the African settings involved). A lot of this is easily leavened by my utter nostalgia for the series (and it is despite my hatred fora lot of the non-gameplay moments of 4), but I am pretty well obsessed at the moment.

Kojima also said that the drama will outweigh any of the overly melodramatic or unrealistic elements. While, as the trailers indicate, this does not preclude heavily symbolic imagery and dialogue we're used to, I can certainly appreciate a more stern and earnest tone. Also, this addresses my overall complaint of having Big Boss as a sympathetic protagonist for three games- we will witness him become an absolute monster. At some point, he will be left without even Kaz (if MG2 is any indication), who appears to simply be in the thick of revenge. I can definitely see him having a moment of realization for all the blood on his hands. I think all of the "who and where am I" stuff also deals with Vic's changing sensibilities, perhaps before he passes the point of no return.

Comment

Working...
                                X