No announcement yet.

Tomb Raider Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a classic death scene was when you find the statue of midas and if you step into his hand you turn to gold

Comment

Yeah, I felt so proud when I actually figured out that you had to put the Lead Bars on the statue's hand, to turn them to gold. I was wondering why the hell the slots wouldn't accept the Lead Bars, before I realized it. That saved me from throwing the whole PS1 out the window!

Also, Dude, the pit holes in the dragon's lair are filled with water, and there's goodies like Uzi Clips and Auto-Pistol Clips in there. Maybe you're thinking of a different level? St. Francis Folly offered a good break-neck chance

Comment

haha i loved in the original when you where in the colloseum and because the graphics wherent that good, it wasn't even a round room

Comment

None of the PSX Tomb Raider could support proper round objects. I remember reading an interview between the Official Australian PlayStation Magazine and Core Design about Tomb Raider: Chronicles. Core said that in order to have properly rounded objects, they'd need to redo the whole engine, preferably with the Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver one. Chronicles didn't have much of a deadline either. Lucky Core were experienced, otherwise the game could have turned into an Angel Of Darkness.

Well, I just finished Tomb Of Ticohan. Now I'm somewhere in Egypt, it seems. Correct me if I'm wrong. Man, that FMV of Lara's wierdo vision was totally trippy! She also didn't look too bad. I prefer her original FMV model over the Legend/Anniversary/Underworld one. She looks way better!

Comment

ooh a couple of the egypt levels are a pain.

Comment

The golden hand is God.
              You just stand on it and you expect nothing to happen, oh wait! Lara! YOU'VE BEEN TURNED INTO GOLD!

Comment

i didn't expect it all, it was weird, very amusing when it happened though, i actually prefer that death scene in the original to the remake, was funnier

Comment

Lol, it was a bit unfair the first time around that it happened. Sure, if you could save anywhere you liked it would be okay, but you don't know that you'd die if you innocently stepped into Midas' hand. I just found it a bit stupid, considering that you wouldn't know a thing about it the first time around.

Comment

yeah exactly, i had no idea it would happen when the original first came out but we all knew what to expect in the remake.
                    Remember the room it was in on the original? it was all rubble with a hand sitting there haha

Comment

Ruins, and it's what Lara loves

I'm still trying to get past Lost Valley in Anniversary, not that I've been playing it much; my sister has been playing Crisis Core on the PSP. I might have to get Anniversary for PC instead.

Comment

The Lost valley was a little more tricky in the anniversary i found, a lot easier to get lost on the way back from the T Rex fight

Comment

I loved it how they turned the T-Rex into a boss though. That was cool, he took a beating before falling.

Comment

Yeah i thought that was a lot better, the T Rex had a cameo in Tomb Raider 2 aswell didnt he, if you climbed down the cliff face to get the secret he was down there

Comment

Yeah, he did. However, being in that little space meant his body parts warped through the walls alot which ruined the experience. The music made it scary anyway. The first time I saw him in TR1, I was like "OH, SHIT!!!" and started running!

Comment

I just got out of Egypt, and walked right into that bitch Natla's trap. Now I'm in some sort of mining area. Save points are quite scarce it seems. Also, I just came across the most illogical puzzle I've ever seen: the keycard on the conveyor belt. I'm assuming you have to turn on the conveyor belt and it'll spit the card out of the end, but WTF? Why can't Lara just put her hand through the gap and grab it? Jesus, I almost spewed when I saw that. Talk about stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                                X