No announcement yet.

Alan Wake (Time to WAKE UP again!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I beat it, took me a good 2hrs to get through and must say it's pretty good, but wish we had gotten more story, which is pretty much the big thing in this game, out of this DLC. The story's pretty interesting and can give you a little bit of "WTF..?" heh.

It's pretty cool how they implemented the flashlight mechanics in this. We all obviously know that it helps take the darkness off of The Taken, but they way it's used in the enviroment now was genius! Just gonna say that it's not the only way to take down The Taken. It does get repetitive, just like the main story, but hey, that's how the game was made.

Comment

• Hey guys, I just opened today my new Alan Wake site "Night Springs", it took me a lot of time to do it (more than expected I'd say, but I'm very happy how it turned out!):

Check it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Rod View Post
        Hey guys, I just opened today my new Alan Wake site "Night Springs", it took me a lot of time to do it (more than expected I'd say, but I'm very happy how it turned out!):

Check it out.
        Quick pointer; on the marketplace DLC link;

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0ccf0001-0000-4000-8000-00004d530805?cid=SLink

Remove the highlighted /en-US part, so the link is just;
        http://marketplace.xbox.com/games/offers/0ccf0001-0000-4000-8000-00004d530805?cid=SLink
        That way, the link wont automatically redirect to the US marketplace entry for the DLC, but instead go to the local variation (based on cookies from past visits to xbox.com or on your logged in gamertag's local settings)
        Last edited by Carnivol; 08-03-2010, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• Rod, Remedy tweeted your site.

Comment

• Carnivol: thanks, just fixed that!

BBboy20: yeah I was like > when I saw that lol

Comment

• EPIC BUMP OF DOOM!

Seriously, new info on "The Writer", the next (and it seems last) DLC for Alan Wake has been announced: Get 560 MSP ready for October 12th, and here's your mandatory trailer.

For me is great news since I got this game fairly recently and I FUCKING LOVED IT. I even bought the DLC as soon as I finished because I was hooked by the ending (got a used copy, bad economy :S). The Signal just fueled my new found love for this game (hope it turns into series)... Can't wait for this and may "The Writer" bring some Season 2 insights?
              Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 09-25-2010, 03:21 AM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• It's worth noting they've confirmed this is the last DLC they'll release for the game.

Comment

• They really should take the main game and break each chapter into 560 MS Points "episodes" and release it on the marketplace - weekly. (It would've also been a nice lead-in to the specials, had they done that before releasing the "specials/DLC")

I'm willing to do a lot to get a proper sequel to Alan Wake.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                    They really should take the main game and break each chapter into 560 MS Points "episodes" and release it on the marketplace - weekly. (It would've also been a nice lead-in to the specials, had they done that before releasing the "specials/DLC")

I'm willing to do a lot to get a proper sequel to Alan Wake.
                    It might be a good idea, something like MS did with Fable 2, and it could really work since Alan Wake is, well, an episodic game by nature... However I think that most people would rather go and buy a cheap physical copy of the game.

I would love too to get a sequel, I think that Remedy is one of the few developers that can pull off GOOD sequels (Just look at Max Payne 1 & 2)

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• Alan Wake - Special Episode Two - The Writer - 560 MS points!

Delicious!

Yes! Delicious!
                      Last edited by Carnivol; 10-12-2010, 01:02 PM. Reason: (My offer of whoring myself out for a sequel is still very much valid, Remedy!)

Comment

• Holy shit, the writer was damn-fucking-fantastic! The "Ferris-Wheel" and the Dr Hartman/Wake talk scene was so damn powerful and couldn't help but love it. "My name is Alan Wake. I am waiting to return" Damn... I love this game

Best thing? Fucking sequel comfirmed! I can see the gameplay being upgraded ten-fold with 18 months in the cooker, giving us a better experiance. Damn great techniques these guys done. Such a beautiful engine, I could imagine them doing a great Silent Hill game.
                        Last edited by Zombie Fred; 10-12-2010, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• I want it noooow!! I have to buy a 1600 MP card!! what will I spend the rest on??!

Comment

• More Alan ake coming, not DLC or sequel.

Remedy Entertainment has confirmed to Eurogamer that "yes, more [Alan] Wake is coming!" But the Finnish developer said …

Theories are Kinect support re-release with DLC included.
                            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Sounds like it. Sorta silly to try and hide it.

'Is it the sequal we all want? No. Is it more DLC which would be cool? No. It's just bloody Kinnect support, then, isn't it? Yes...'

Comment

• The other thing is a port, since Remedy do own and control the IP. Seems unlikely though.
                                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Working...
                                X