Beta Games website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
    Borman, are you sure? I was under the impression it was a preview without 4 total discs.
    95% positive.Of course I cant find the post that Im thinking of, but Im fairly certain he got ahold of the other 2 disks.

Comment

Do you want me to make you a high-quality header logo for the site? I have little to nothing to do and I have Adobe Photoshop.
      Last edited by LeonsBuddyDave; 08-11-2008, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Just wondering helegad would you be interested in these beta's?

- Dreamcast version of half life (unreleased)
        - Genesis/ megadrive rom of Zombie High prototype

Comment

LeonsBuddyDave: That would be great! Thanks!
          DXP: I'm already getting Half-Life Gold (but trust me to choose the wrong torrent; download cuts out half the time, and it's less than 20kbps at others), but the zombie game sounds interesting. You can send me it through email (I assume it's not big if you compress it). My address is in my profile. Thanks for the offer!

Comment

Sent lol just been looking in my megadrive roms and found another set of proto's if your interested in them?

- Sonic 2 proto dumped by Hidden palace
            - Sonic 2 proto simon wai version

also have this NES rom:

- Robocop Vs Terminator (cancelled beta)

Comment

Let me know what you think, or if there's anything I can change.

Comment

Helegad would you be interested in hosting the RE4 Debug Unlocked & BH4 gamecube trials on your beta site?
                On a side note can someone upload the ps2 trial SLUS-29169 too I wanna see it has any different beta items added like a maybe a beta P.R.L.412
                I have a few ps1 demo discs that include demo's for tomb raider 3 & 4 I think as well.
                Last edited by kevstah2004; 08-12-2008, 04:08 PM.
                If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the offer Kevstah, but demos are not really classified as betas or unreleased games. If I started hosting all the demos I can find with even the slightest differences to the final game, the site may as well be called "Demo Central". There's over 1 million demos out there! I hope you understand

Thanks Leon's Buddy Dave! It fits in with the site excellently! Nice and simple

I have a lead on the Tomb Raider: Chronicles beta. Apparently, the beta was actually released in stores as the final game, but when Core did some extra testing, bug fixing, and messing around a bit more, they found that their end product was better than the one on the shelves. So they took the betas down, and replaced them with the better versions. People are still in possession of the betas to this day, so I'm trying to find one on eBay (my source is uploading it to a file hoster so I don't have to wait until one rears it's head on the online marketplace). It should be on the site by the end of this week.

Comment

Thats still not really a beta though, its a revision of the game Lots of consumer products go through that, even games at times.

Comment

There are some obvious beta changes, I'll try and find the forum that has the topic I'm looking for.

UPDATE: Here we go!
                      Last edited by Helegad; 08-13-2008, 06:19 AM.

Comment

There can be changes, without them referring to the 'beta' stage of development. Its a re-release with bugs fixed and the game tweaked, it happens.

Comment

Exactly look at F1 04 that wasn't fully fixed until the platinum release.
                          I still haven't played my copies of
                          SLES_022.38 TR IIII 16 November 1999, 7:46:06 PM
                          or
                          SLES_016.49 TR III 04 November 1998, 4:31:32 PM
                          If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Maybe the two TR3s are from different regions?

Comment

Don't Europe use the same SLES codes and UK, unless the langauge in the game is modified?
                              All MultiLangauge games have the same SLES code, I can't remember if Tomb Raider was a multilangue game though...

Comment

SLUS = NTSC=UC
                                SLES = PAL

Can't remember the one for NTSC-JP, except that it resembles a funny word.

Comment

Working...
                                X