What Game/Games are you playing now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BiØhazard View Post
    I just love the card games in FF8 though hated the random rule but nonetheless a fun game of ff8. I collected all rare cards and remember where they are too lol.
    I don't like the card game in VIII...but that's because I'm no good at it. Much more of a fan of the one in IX.

Comment

• Started picking up old PS1 titles since they are so damn cheap at the moment (something I should have done with the NES/Snes 4 or 5 years ago, bloody expensive now). As soon a D arrives, I'm gonna crack that sucker open. Shame I can't easily get hold of Parasite Eve 1.

Currently on my to play list (in no particular order):
      D
      Alone in the Dark: New Nightmare
      Fear Effect
      In Cold Blood
      Deathtrap Dungeon
      and many more PS1 games as I feel nostalgic abit. Even picked up an old greystation to enhance the experience.

The card game in ff8 was awesome. I recently blitzed through disc 1 of FF8 just to say I got the Lionheart on disc 1. Was fun.
      Last edited by Enrico Marini; 01-26-2010, 11:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BadWolfX View Post
        I don't like the card game in VIII...but that's because I'm no good at it. Much more of a fan of the one in IX.
        Completely the opposite for me, I hated IX's game especially the bit where you're forced to do the tournament *while you can lose and progress with the story im a completionist so I must have repeated that card tournament in IX at least 20 times to win*.

Loved Triple Triad in VIII though, pretty much had an unbeatable card deck at the end of the game so random didn't bother me too much, however I hated how on VIII you could only play the card club members so I always had a save on Disc 3 prior to the point of no return so I could play the game anywhere.

Comment

• Always enjoyed FFVIII's card game, even when I was 10 years old and didn't understand how to play it. For me, though, there's no better Final Fantasy mini-game than Blitzball. Then again, I'm an avid sports fan...so that would naturally be right up my alley. I loved signing players, pulling off special shots, upgrading abilities, etc.

Comment

• Oh, I loved Blitzball. I used to waste entire days playing it.

Comment

• WOOP. D arrived this morning whilst at Uni (in almost new condition and its 15 years old). Got something to play this weekend. Maybe I should do an Angry Video Game Nerd, record it all and bitch.
              Last edited by Enrico Marini; 01-26-2010, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• Playing DA:O. Playing as a mage. Playing as a mage is a lot funner than I thought it would be.

Comment

• Tried Tatsunoko vs. Capcom at my friend's house. It's much simpler than MvsC2 and CvsSNK, and you might find yourself going "why couldn't they just put in x character?" but when you find two characters that suit you it gets much more fun. Oh and the boss (design wise) is quite simply a joke. Worse than Abyss, which is saying quite a lot. The endings have a lot of nifty references to other Capcom games, some of which surprised me.

I hope this sells well; I'd like to see more new vs. fighters on more platforms.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                    Always enjoyed FFVIII's card game, even when I was 10 years old and didn't understand how to play it. For me, though, there's no better Final Fantasy mini-game than Blitzball. Then again, I'm an avid sports fan...so that would naturally be right up my alley. I loved signing players, pulling off special shots, upgrading abilities, etc.
                    True, although admittedly having the Jecht Shot for Tidus, Signing Tatts from Kilika *One Best MF in the game imho and starts off with Invisible Shot* makes Blitzball too easy, Usually by the time I got to full control of the airship I pretty much had a decent set up, never really used Brother although I know he's good.

Although frankly whoever recruits Nimrook when/if he becomes a free agent = guaranteed to win every game, he's too good a keeper :p.

Comment

• Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
                      Tried Tatsunoko vs. Capcom at my friend's house. It's much simpler than MvsC2 and CvsSNK, and you might find yourself going "why couldn't they just put in x character?" but when you find two characters that suit you it gets much more fun. Oh and the boss (design wise) is quite simply a joke. Worse than Abyss, which is saying quite a lot. The endings have a lot of nifty references to other Capcom games, some of which surprised me.

I hope this sells well; I'd like to see more new vs. fighters on more platforms.
                      Agreed with the boss. LAME.

But the game is good though, I play with Frank West / Ryu... The Real Mega Buster + Shin Ku Ha Dou Ken combo is beast!

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• They did a great job with Frank West and the Willamette stage. His "Oh my God!" and zombie attacks are great. Plus HE can actually be grabbed.

I enjoy using Batsu and Saki for Capcom, and Joe the Condor for Tatsunoko. I'd use Tekkaman Blade (as he's the only character I'm familiar with) but my friend is frequently using him.

Comment

• I'm having fun with that best selling game that's full of blood, and you get tons of really big guns to shoot whatever's in the center of your screen. You know the brand new one. My only complaint is that you get to crouch like sooo many other games. That's so tired, they should make up a new action like turning invisible or stopping the bullets by firing them if they want games to keep INNOVATING! The AI is dumb and the enemies can shoot you through walls sometimes, etc etc

What I love about that game is that there's blood everywhere and alot of guns pow pow! u__n
                          Last edited by The_15th; 01-27-2010, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• I'm currently playing through Half-Life: Source. This is the first time I ever truly played the original. and I have to say, aside from some frustrating jumping sections, this game is damn good.

Comment

• Im trying to play the original parasite eve and my imports of biohazard on my ps1 if I ever sort out my ntsc-pal problem with my new tv!!

Comment

• Mass Effect 2. Just got my copy. Oh yes.

Comment

Working...
                                X