No announcement yet.

What Game/Games are you playing now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally picked up Final Fantasy XIII now that the hub-bub of it at work has finally cooled down and I'm not hearing about it 24/7. I have to say I have very mixed feelings about this one. The graphics are obviously stunning and I would expect no less from Square-Enix, but it just really has the feel of Final Fantasy X, which I found abhorrent. Out of the Playstation 2 generation Final Fantasy Final Fantasy XII was clearly the best all around: Story, graphics, battle system, et cetera.

And is it just me or does this story seem a bit more elaborate than it needs to be? There's too much involving the word 'cie'...fal'Cie, l'Cie, Cie-th...I have them straight in my mind now, but throwing all these terms at the gamer within 30 minutes of gameplay was starting to get a bit annoying.

I don't know...I'm only in Chapter 4, so I'm assuming my questions and frustrations will be dealt with.

|AA|
    sigpic

Comment

• Playing Metro 2033... Russians in a game = win.
      Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 06-09-2010, 11:54 PM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.

The game is pretty darn good...but most likely most of you thought that anyway...

Comment

• Haven't touched Red Dead Redemption since I beat it, but the free co-op mission pack comes out on the 22nd so I might dabble in that. Peace Walker is wearing thin after unlocking the second ending. Don't really feel like getting frustrated with Modern Warfare 2. Maybe I'll start Fallout 3? Nah...not right before the weekend...

Oh, I also just ordered Call of Duty: The War Collection off of Amazon. CoD2, CoD3 and CoD: World at War all in one box for $60. I haven't played any of them. Probably gonna blow through the campaigns of 2 and 3, then play World at War for some online play and definitely some Nazi Zombies. Bad part is, it doesn't come in the mail until Monday. I'm bored.

MLB 10 The Show it is.

Comment

• Although I'm on a few weeks break from work atm, watching every game of the World Cup hasn't left me with loads of time for gaming (but barely sleeping helps).
            I've been having a bit of a 'Free Roam Festival' lately.

*Recently finished up 'Fallout 3 GOTY' (can't wait for Vegas!)

*Been playing through 'Fuel' for a few months. Easily the BIGGEST open world ever in a video game. I still havn't unlocked the whole map but it's f**king HUGE! It's not rated highly by most people but I really like it.
            The soundtrack sucks but I switch off the music and play my favorite CDs while cruising around, finding collectibles and having the occasional race (it's my Chill-out game).

*Got 'GTA:Episodes from Liberty City' a while ago but havn't played it a lot. It's good but basically GTAIV with less of everything...

*'Just Cause 2' is AWESOME! I disliked it at first. You are thrown into the action with the first couple of missions and I struggled with the controls. But after a couple of hours in free roam I fell completely and absolutely in LOVE with the game. There's so much freedom and variety to be had, in an incredible and beautifully stunning open world. The game is so much fun and I'm a sucker for those 'find and collect' distractions (the game is filled with hundreds of them).
            The story and cutscenes are dog shit, B-grade material (actually so bad they're 'good') but I couldn't care less when the game is so good and so much fun!

*I bought 'Red Dead Redemtion' at the same time. It looks great and is very well produced. I'm only 4-5 hours in and I'm enjoying it but I'm finding it a little predictable at this stage...
            It's weird playing it along side 'Just Cause 2'. I'm left wanting my grappling hook and parachute.

*I also got 'Dead Space' (PS3) and 'Dead Space Extraction' (Wii) for $15 each! I havn't even played them yet...

So much soccer... so little time.
            Last edited by Skunky; 06-22-2010, 10:57 AM. Reason: currently playing Red Dead Redemtion not Red Dead Revolver (lol)

Comment

• Currently Playing: Fatal Frame 2 (thus my siggy and ava look like that), and Red Dead Redemption (dont ask), and I'm currently scurrying around trying to find FF 3 on xBox 360because my PS2 broke Poor console died on me.

Comment

• Fatal Frame 2
                Excellent choice!!!

One of my favorite games of all time.

Comment

• Zelda: Wind Waker
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Skunky View Post
                    Excellent choice!!!

One of my favorite games of all time.
                    hehe! I'm in love with it! Cant get past the kusabi in the end of the game tho! this is bad news.

Comment

• Timing and nerves. Timing and nerves. You have to get a Zero shot off on him and that only happens just before he hits you, and if he does hit you you're dead. I am assuming you mean the end fight version though. Well, almost end fight...

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                        Timing and nerves. Timing and nerves. You have to get a Zero shot off on him and that only happens just before he hits you, and if he does hit you you're dead. I am assuming you mean the end fight version though. Well, almost end fight...
                        yep! I mean that fight. Some good friend of mine mentioned that I should begin walking backwards when the kusabi makes a swipe so the thing misses, so I'm gonna try that. Before then after the second time of running past the ten gazillion mourners just die again VERY quickly, and repeat the process.... My will to live made me quit and go to bed >.<

Comment

• ^You also need some 'controlled aggression'.

I remember when I first encountered that boss fight and it kinda seemed impossible.
                          You need to get in its face, to prompt it to attack and then back away with your finger on the trigger, ready for the Fatal Frame. A hit and run strategy wont work because it regenerates health every time it disappears.
                          And I hope you saved some powerful film for the fight or you're in trouble...

Comment

• Crush is also useful if you've been upgrading it. I think it's Crush. Too long since I've played...

Comment

• Terminator Salvation. A very "meh" game. Tries too hard to be Gears of War and fails miserably.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• I just got a PS3 a couple months ago and I just finished Ratchet and Clank:CiT and Killzone 2.

I'm about to start 3D Dot Game Heroes next. but I'm running out of exclusives I want to play.

Hopefully Heavy Rain wont disappoint. I may get that next.

Comment

Working...
                                X