No announcement yet.

What Game/Games are you playing now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use the edit button to add extra things you need to say insted of double posting. Not hard to figure out really.

God damn it I wouldn't want to be a mod.

Comment

• You would be very good as a mod You told me off, and it worked too!

Comment

• Just got Bioshock for £5 and Far Cry 2 for £5 just call me Turok: Bargain Hunter!
        sigpic

Comment

• Tried System Shock and I'm glad to be playing it. Never a PC gamer beyond Blizzard titles so it's refreshing to try something new. Look forward to taking down that damn dirty AI.

Comment

• Bionic Commando:Rearmed
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by aris13 View Post
              Bionic Commando:Rearmed
              As long as its not just Bionic Commando. I mean you know how is my favorite game and all. Spencers dreads get me all steamy below.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                Get the demo. It gives a pretty accurate view of what the game's all about, and it's not for everyone. It is a very good game though with some good story telling. The only reason it's not awesome story telling is there are a few plot holes.
                Any way to get it without PSN. I don't have internet at my home. I do all my internet stuff at a library.

Comment

• Is there anyone on the multiplayer Marvel vs Capcom 2 boards that don't abuse the god tiers? :/ I mean good for you and all, but it's mostly very cheap repeat hits and can no one make a good strategy without Cable, Storm, Magneto, Sentinel, or Psylocke? I may suck, but if I get good, I want to prove that low/middle tier characters can do it.

Comment

• Good luck on that one Inferno doesn't matter what fighting game you play the top tier are always overused SFIV, Brawl, Soul Calibre you name it. I'm like you though nothing funnier/more satisfying than beating a top tier with a lower tier . . .
                    sigpic

Comment

• With my PS3 out of action for the time being (it's away being repaired via Sony for the ol YLOD) I've gone through my gaming shelf and made a pile of games to finish that I never have.

First on the list was Red Dead Revolver, which I finished a couple of days ago. Capcom was the original producers for this, developed by the late and mostly great Angel Studios (who worked on the N64 RE2)... but they canned it and Rockstar picked it up based on Angel's work with the original Midnight Club, and Rockstar in turn, rebranded them into "Rockstar San Diego"

I don't understand why... It was a horrible game. But in some ways I'm glad they did, or else Red Dead Redemption wouldn't have happened. The controls are stiff and clunky, it's buggy, and it has about all of the western charm of a sat morning b-serial. The story concept is good but poorly executed and there is some great licensed tunes from various well known westerns used. Additionally some of the features from the latest game haven't been touched from this at all, which shows you the ideas were good... just the overall product was shite.

I'm now currently playing Scarface: The World Is Yours on PS2. Until recent times I'd actually surprise most people by saying this is one of the better movie license games I've ever played. Most people dismissed it as a GTA clone, and while it has elements of GTA in it, there is actually plenty about it that is far from it (and in some cases Rockstar stole some of these ideas for the GTA Stories titles, GTA4 and the 4 add ons).

That said though there is still plenty to complain about. There is a horrid amount of stunt casting for voice actors (because everyone and their dog in Hollywood wanted to be a part of it), there are plenty of bugs, various gameplay elements are cheap, the AI is fairly piss poor, and a lot of things you do are needlessly overcomplex. The worst part of this is that to negotiate with anyone in the game you have to use a meter which is like one for a golf game, and the closer you get it to the small "best part" mark a better deal you get for whatever transaction that is. Problem again though is if you screw that up at all you're basically shat on and the best thing to do is reload the last save you have.

However at the end of the day the systems they have in place for climbing the ranks of Miami are more interesting and better built than those in any of the GTA titles. My actions do feel like they have some consequences on what is going on and I feel like I am growing an empire out of my dealings.

Once I'm finished this, I'll see what I've got to go next... I might have my PS3 back by then.

Comment

• I'm playing through Mass Effect 2 again at the moment. I replayed Mass Effect 1 and chose all the opposite decisions (the renegade ones) to the original playthrough I did, so I can see how it changes ME2. I've also downloaded all the new DLC which I've not yet played so it should help to keep it fresh. After spending well over 100 hours on ME1 now, I don't think I could play it through again for a very long time without feeling sick of it.

Comment

• I've been playing Call of Duty 2 for about a week now, taking my time with the campaign and getting my ass manhandled by Veteran difficulty. I've been stuck on the Pointe du Hoc D-Day mission for a full day now, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to beat it. I know the key is smoke grenades, but those machine gun nests are relentless, and the Nazis never spawn in the same place twice, it seems.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rancid Cheese View Post
                            Good luck on that one Inferno doesn't matter what fighting game you play the top tier are always overused SFIV, Brawl, Soul Calibre you name it. I'm like you though nothing funnier/more satisfying than beating a top tier with a lower tier . . .
                            Ohh I'd love to do that one day. ><

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                              I've been playing Call of Duty 2 for about a week now, taking my time with the campaign and getting my ass manhandled by Veteran difficulty.
                              Hahaha! I used to call veteran difficulty, 'vegetarian' difficulty until someone kindly told me I was getting it wrong.

Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
                              I'm playing through Mass Effect 2 again at the moment. I replayed Mass Effect 1 and chose all the opposite decisions (the renegade ones) to the original playthrough I did, so I can see how it changes ME2. I've also downloaded all the new DLC which I've not yet played so it should help to keep it fresh. After spending well over 100 hours on ME1 now, I don't think I could play it through again for a very long time without feeling sick of it.
                              Good games, but I am the same. It's gonna take me about a year before I feel like going through them both again to be a renegade! Just takes a long time. Before those I played Dragon Age: Origins, and was juuuust fine running through the game again and again and again.
                              Last edited by smartass162005; 06-25-2010, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• At the moment, I'm playing Deadly Premonition and Cursed Mountain. Yay, low-budget survival horror that isn't terrible!

Comment

Working...
                                X