No announcement yet.

What Game/Games are you playing now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valkyria Chronicles. Best argument for the PS3 ever.

Otherwise, it's pretty much;
    Are there games you like?
    Do you also wanna play BluRays?

Comment

• Originally posted by Trent View Post
      I just do not want to get a PS3 for that game.

Unless you guys have some good arguments of getting a PS3?
      Its still a very decent Blu-Ray player, 3D Blu-Ray aswell! Very cheep in that sence.

HD games, easy as piss to upgrade HDD. As they use laptop drives, all mine now have 320gb's in them. Takes like 2 mins to do.

Sexy design, media centre, huge sound and video set up options, upscales DVD's to 1080p and they look amazing.

Should I go on??

Comment

• I still need an HD TV to go with it though.
        Freedom of Information.

Comment

I still need an HD TV to go with it though.
          Ah... well there you have a problem, it not made for SD TV's, on the good side they are getting so cheap, I just bought a beast TV today for a good price.

Comment

I still need an HD TV to go with it though.
            any new version of the Sony BRAVIA is the only t.v. i recommend if getting a PS3. BRAVIA benefits the PS3 more, since the PS3 has BRAVIA Sync.

i have a Sony BRAVIA from 2008, but it doesn't sync with the slim.
            Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

• playing Red Dead Redemption -Undead Nightmare. A very addictive game, loving it so far.

Comment

I just do not want to get a PS3 for that game.

Unless you guys have some good arguments of getting a PS3?
                Well, the PS3 is more of a home entertainment system than a games console. Back in 2008 I would have told you to save your money, but these days the PS3 has been going from strength to strength. The Uncharted series is highly praised, namely the second game. You've got a rather unique platformer, LittleBigPlanet, which I myself am not a huge fan of, then you've got a choice of first-person shooters, Killzone or Resistance, though I prefer the latter myself.

Heavy Rain is of course a great experience, but I emphasise on the word 'experience'. A lot of people make the mistake of going in and expecting a game, then end up being disappointed and hating on it.

This year will see a lot of major releases for the PS3 - Killzone 3, Resistance 3, Uncharted 3, InFamous 2, etc. It's also the only real choice for high-definition movies, with a wide variety of films on the BD format.

Before everyone starts sharpening their knives for a fanboy war, I am in no way criticising the 360 or the Wii. Someone asked me what the PS3 can do, I simply replied. It's sad but on the internet you HAVE to put a disclaimer in somewhere in clear writing.

Hope that answers your question, Trent.
                See you in hell.

Comment

• What consoles do you currently own, Trent? If it's a choice of the two, I'd definitely say 360 as I had the same choice 2 years ago and never looked back. It really depends what you're looking for. Ps3 is more like a home entertainment system, whereas the 360 is more leaned towards social/indie gaming and just feels more user friendly to me. If you need a blu ray player and you're interested in some of the exclusives, go for it. I got one simply for the blu ray and the God of War series. Heavy Rain is a very enjoyable experience but it can feel more like a very tense interactive movie than a game. Fun, though. Not my cups of tea either but some people really enjoy Uncharted and LBP so you could either take a gamble, or look up some of the exclusives to see if it warrants a purchase for you. It was worth it for me for GOW in HD as well as a blu ray player which constantly is updated via. The internet, so it's not like those other crappy ones that can't update so can't play any new blu rays.

Comment

• Screw both systems. Buy a Wii.

Comment

• ^ Or be a rich snobby bastard like me and get all three for Christmas three years in a row. Wii in 2006, 360 in 2007, PS3 in 2008.

Comment

• At the end of the day it's all down to personal preference.
                        See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                          ^ Or be a rich snobby bastard like me and get all three for Christmas three years in a row. Wii in 2006, 360 in 2007, PS3 in 2008.
                          I got a Wii in 2006, 360 for Xmas 2007 and bought a PS3 early 2009 thinking "bleh, why the hell not". I also got a new sexy 360 for my birthday August 2010 with 250GB memory for all my indie/arcade games, and Gareth bought Kinect for it upon release.

Kinectimals here I come!

Screw home consoles though. The Nintendo 3DS is going to ravish my senses like no other console can. Might as well scrub the 3 months after release of that console off my calendar.

If you don't have a 360, another couple of reasons to get one:

Deadly Premonition

Awesome indie games like this!!! >>>>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-OGU...layer_embedded

Hey there Cthulhu
                          Oh it's what you'll do to me, ohh and all humanity. Ohh, you'll rise up from the sea, kill everyone slowly!

A point worth making though, a high end blu-ray player which updates itself through the net (so it can always play the most recent films) costs into the hundreds. A decent Samsung one my mum bought my dad for Christmas (I'd been letting him use my PS3 up until then but he couldn't get on with it) cost around £150 quid. So if you want to watch blu-rays, I'd say it's definitely worth the extra money to buy a gaming console as well to make sure you can play the games you want to now (like Heavy Rain), as well as any other exclusives that may arrive further down the line.
                          Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 01-03-2011, 08:38 AM.

Comment

• Thanks for the input, everyone. You surely have provided me good arguments! I will definitely get an HD TV in the future and I will also like to have a decent Blu Ray player, so I do not see why I would not get a PS3 such that I can also play the games that I wish to check out.
                            Freedom of Information.

Comment

• ^Yeah, honestly, each system has its fair share of exclusives that work with the strengths of the system. I could list off a ton right now, but that would create a dreaded wall of text.

Comment

• I own all 3, play all 3 and love all 3. Each of them has a lot to offer.

Almost done with Heavy Rain...the Origami Killer is nearly in my grasps. Still playing REmake and have also started Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep for PSP.

Comment

Working...
                                X