No announcement yet.

What Game/Games are you playing now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^ You know you could play small player count matches in Resistance 1 and 2 right? They've nerfed the mutiplayer hard in R3, 8v8 only is laughable (R1 was 20v20 max and R2 32v32). Based on the R3 beta I'm not convinced they are even using dedicated servers anymore. And they have the cheek to require a PSN pass for it.

I'm renting eventually it to give the campaign a once over, cannot justify buying R3.
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Thank you for the input, after much deliberation I have decided that Resistance 3 is something that I'll be renting as opposed to buying. I can't justify shelling out forty quid for it. Anyway, I'm playing through Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Dead to Rights: Retribution and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory HD.

I plan on getting platinum for all three, followed by Heavy Rain.
      See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
        ^^ You know you could play small player count matches in Resistance 1 and 2 right? They've nerfed the mutiplayer hard in R3, 8v8 only is laughable (R1 was 20v20 max and R2 32v32). Based on the R3 beta I'm not convinced they are even using dedicated servers anymore. And they have the cheek to require a PSN pass for it.

I'm renting eventually it to give the campaign a once over, cannot justify buying R3.
        Quite right! I like the smaller matches in R3 though. It's more fun that way to me. The servers can be buggy but not bad at all.
        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Just nabbed the augmented edition of human revolution on pc for £28 so now installing that, also at the end of Dead Island

Comment

• Still playing some dead island and some css.

Comment

• Couldn't get the God of War games to work (my Ps2 slim apparently doesn't like dual-layer DVDs) but I did manage to get through SH4 again and am currently playing SH3.
              A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                Thank you for the input, after much deliberation I have decided that Resistance 3 is something that I'll be renting as opposed to buying. I can't justify shelling out forty quid for it. Anyway, I'm playing through Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Dead to Rights: Retribution and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory HD.

I plan on getting platinum for all three, followed by Heavy Rain.
                Man, Chaos Theory is amazing. That bank robbery mission is a classic example of how to create an immersive level which is on par with the best Hollywood 80s and 90s quality spy flicks.

Comment

• Just finished Resistance 3 and got to say I am pretty happy with the game. I havent played online yet but I have finished the campaign. Nice graphics cool weapons and a very good story to go with it, infact I think its the best story of the trilogy so far. I really enjoyed how it changes the scenery as opposed to 1 and 2 where you would running around in almost indenticle stages.

After 2 I was starting to get tired of this series and was hoping the 3rd would be the finale but I dunno now I am left wanting more. The downside of the game is it is very short. I completed it in only three sittings, which overall took me somewhere between 6 and 7 hours and I was not rushing this game I had a good look around and was taking my time. If you speed run this game and knew what you was doing you could possibly finish it in around 4 hours.

It would never win game of the year but it was a pleasure to play through unlike Deux Ex, F.E.A.R. 3 and Crysis 2, All hyped shooters so far this year that I was extremley dissapointed with.

Comment

• I was considering picking up Resistance 3 today. But for the same price I got Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine AND Skate 3. Playing both of them at the moment. Warhammer is good, very Gears-y. Once they patch the online (I'm on PS3 and there are HORRENDOUS issues with multiplayer) I'm sure I'll be getting stuck into it in a big way.

I'm also wandering my way through 3D Dot Game Heroes. I got it months and months back, but only loaded it for the first time yesterday. It's actually a lot of fun, I am pleasantly surprised. With so many people calling it a Zelda rip-off I was skeptical. Luckily it seems to be more SNES-era Zelda than N64/Wii era.

Comment

• Resistance 3, I'm borrowing it and it has to be returned tomorrow, so I'm trying to actually finish it. But I love the game so far <3

Comment

• Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell HD Trilogy

Picked up the retail copy earlier, worked out cheaper than buying the other two games seperately on the PSN since I traded in a couple of old games that I no longer cared about. The one negative is that my save file for Chaos Theory won't work for the retail version, meaning that I'll need to continue on my digital copy of that game.

Just a minor inconvenience, I need to go on an Expert run as soon as I get past the final mission. Damn Japanese.

Originally posted by CrimsonElder View Post
                        It would never win game of the year but it was a pleasure to play through unlike Deux Ex, F.E.A.R. 3 and Crysis 2, All hyped shooters so far this year that I was extremley dissapointed with.
                        F.E.A.R 3 was shit, I'll give you that. But Human Revolution is one of my favourite releases of the year, it's a joy to play. I liked Crysis 2 too, though it's only fun if you go for the stealth approach and sneak your way through most of the way. There's a certain MGS-esque tension when you play it that way, though in later levels it degenerates into a typical cliche Halo affair.

Originally posted by Member_of_STARS View Post
                        Man, Chaos Theory is amazing. That bank robbery mission is a classic example of how to create an immersive level which is on par with the best Hollywood 80s and 90s quality spy flicks.
                        Definitely, the bank mission is one of my favourite levels.

And then you have this awesome scene:

You can shoot him or stab him. It doesn't matter where you shoot him, he will die from a single shot.
                        Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 09-16-2011, 05:45 AM.
                        See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                          F.E.A.R 3 was shit, I'll give you that. But Human Revolution is one of my favourite releases of the year, it's a joy to play. I liked Crysis 2 too, though it's only fun if you go for the stealth approach and sneak your way through most of the way. There's a certain MGS-esque tension when you play it that way, though in later levels it degenerates into a typical cliche Halo affair.[/url]
                          Yeah I got that MGS feel to Deux Ex as well and I might get slated for this but I really am not a fan of MGS. If you are into that sort of thing I guess they would be good games but I really dont have the time or paitence to play a stealthy game. I dont mind doing it a little bit like in Fallout, Batman, Cod, Battlefield. But when a whole game is dependant on it I find that a little to slow.

Comment

• MGS feel as in- shoot the shit out of everything and hide in a vent if you're in trouble? Maybe so, but it falls short of MGS in almost every one if it's aspects. From dialogue, story, characters, all the way down to the soundtrack. Behaviour is amazing, and has proven himself with Double Agent, but whoever had the bright idea to put multilayered, dynamic soundtrack to play with a game with a story like Deus Ex's, is an idiot.

For me, Deus Ex is a letdown. Probably the only fun part was shotgunning down dumb AI peeps. Even the mechs lost their wow-factor after I realized all they needed was an EMP shot or a shot from the Typhoon.

As for the story... the idea itsself is nice on paper. The execution is vague and unimmersive at best.

Spencer, FEAR 3 and Crysis 2 were tragic. Replaying the original FEAR right now. What has happened to videogames?
                            Last edited by Member_of_STARS; 09-16-2011, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• Don't get me wrong, the original FEAR was a fun experience. But I gradually lost hope with the series when the sequel hit, eventually hitting a low point with the third release. One of those series that started well, had great potential but ultimately turned into another dry orgasm.

As for my MGS point, I was referring to Crysis 2 bizarrely enough! Sneaking past enemies. I thought the AI in Crysis 2 was pretty good, for the human enemies at least. The Ceph just seemed to charge at you head on and open fire, leading to a typical and protracted exchange of gunfire inherent to any other shooter.

Human Revolution, I see where you're coming from with the AI but it's not a bad game. It's not as good as the original Deus Ex, but it did give me a glimmer of hope that videogames these days aren't your typical CoD routine. See, we live in what I like to call the 'aim down the sights' generation. In Half-Life 2 you didn't aim down the sights, you just zoomed in a little bit!

Back to playing Splinter Cell. I am a ghost's fart.
                              Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 09-16-2011, 12:31 PM.
                              See you in hell.

Comment

• There is a thick red line between FEAR and it's two exp-packs and it's 2 sequels.

Comment

Working...
                                X