What Game/Games are you playing now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
    ^ I've ignored it in the past, but I really think you should spoiler tag your posts when you're talking about games. You think everyone here has played Haunting Ground? I haven't. I'd like to come into the thread, see what game someone's talking about and see spoiler tags. If I haven't played the game they're posting about, I won't click it.
    Sorry, but I didn't tag it cause I didn't put any major spoilers in there.

If I was gonna say something pertaining to the story, Id put spoiler tags, this is just gameplay stuff, so I thought spoiler tags would be unnecessary.

I was playing Nazi Zombies online...
    Spoiler:

EDIT: I just asked, anything 5 years or older doesn't need a spoiler tag. Especially for gameplay related matters. I do post tags if it is story related though. None of that was story though.
    Last edited by missvalentine; 07-24-2009, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• i just complete Fear 2 project origin KICK ASS MOTHERFUCKING GAME SOOO AWSOME I SPECIALY LOVE THE ENDING i think you know what i mean if u played the game ;) XD

and right now im playing dead space truly a awsome game its scary to

Comment

• I don't think a 5 year old game needs a spoiler tag. That's like spoiler tagging the ending of Resident Evil 3. If you have an issue with a post, report it.

I'm playing Starcraft and will try and complete Brood Wars by Sunday night.

Comment

• I just went on a MGS 3 killing spree, roaming around with CQC, patriot, TNT, and WP. Bloody fun

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
            I don't think a 5 year old game needs a spoiler tag.
            Aeris dies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
              I don't think a 5 year old game needs a spoiler tag.
              ...until it's a 5 year old game that you've never played and have been hearing a lot about, and have thought about tracking down so you could play it for yourself and not read about it on a totally unrelated forum. At that point, you might feel a little differently about things.

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
              I was playing Nazi Zombies online...
              Spoiler:

That post was respectable and I had no problem with it...until I read the sarcastic, immature teenager comment(not that I'm surprised) in spoiler tags. Don't start playing that crap. If Haunting Ground was a game that you had never played before, would you wanna know that Spoiler:
              Personally, I'd wanna experience the game for myself. The less I knew, the better.

And also, just because the mods say it's okay to not wrap spoiler tags around something doesn't mean you SHOULD just post anything you want. I'm sure that I and others who haven't played games that people wanna post about would appreciate it if things were wrapped in tags. It's not hard and it doesn't take long. This way, if we see someone posting about a certain game we don't wanna know anything about, and there are spoiler tags, the crisis will be averted.

But by mod's logic, there's a 5 year cut-off for spoilers. If a game came out 5 years ago or more, it's cool. Just post whatever you want about it.

Comment

• I think it's general, what should I say... common sense, to put in spoiler tags. Sure, can't exactly enforce them in all threads, and there are topics that can survive without (as spoilers are to be expected in them. You probably don't need spoiler tags in a topic that obviously is gonna be full of spoilers), but in general, there should be a voice inside you that tells you that "I should probably put a spoiler tag here. Just-in-case."

Better to have one spoiler tag too many (than one too few)

Comment

• I just clocked all of the Syphon Filter games (excluding Combat Ops)... Again.

Syphon Filter
                  Syphon Filter 2
                  Syphon Filter 3
                  Syphon Filter - Omega Strain
                  Syphon Filter - Dark Mirror
                  Syphon Filter - Logan's Shadow.

... And now I have the damn theme song stuck in my head, and enjoyed every moment of my Taser spree.
                  Last edited by Enetirnel; 07-25-2009, 10:01 AM.
                  sigpic
                  Non-blurry Signature Version
                  Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• Solitaire on my phone.
                    Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

...until it's a 5 year old game that you've never played and have been hearing a lot about, and have thought about tracking down so you could play it for yourself and not read about it on a totally unrelated forum. At that point, you might feel a little differently about things.

That post was respectable and I had no problem with it...until I read the sarcastic, immature teenager comment(not that I'm surprised) in spoiler tags. Don't start playing that crap. If Haunting Ground was a game that you had never played before, would you wanna know that Spoiler:
                      Personally, I'd wanna experience the game for myself. The less I knew, the better.

And also, just because the mods say it's okay to not wrap spoiler tags around something doesn't mean you SHOULD just post anything you want. I'm sure that I and others who haven't played games that people wanna post about would appreciate it if things were wrapped in tags. It's not hard and it doesn't take long. This way, if we see someone posting about a certain game we don't wanna know anything about, and there are spoiler tags, the crisis will be averted.

But by mod's logic, there's a 5 year cut-off for spoilers. If a game came out 5 years ago or more, it's cool. Just post whatever you want about it.

Look, I know how you feel. If I post about plot I always put spoiler tags no matter how old the game is. But the only real thing about plot you could discern from my gameplay related post is that, Spoiler:
                      But that spoiler there is like the tiniest spoiler ever, really really small. It's not going to ruin anything for you at all.

I also wasn't trying to be sarcastic, I was pointing out spoiler tagging gameplay is stupid.

Comment

• Well im starting the Water Temple on Zelda OT now it's been a while seince I last done it lets see how long it takes.

Comment

• InFamous and Suikoden!

Comment

if something gets exposed, it gets exposed. nothing one should have to stop and think about. there's obviously gonna be spoilers if one is describing what they are doing while playing the game, or what they think of it. if it bothers you, then skip over the post like it never existed.
                            Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

• Originally posted by Member_of_STARS View Post
                              Aslong as you have copied your disk and using a virtual copy to run it, and will not use an executable that bypasses verification, you should be fine in Blizzards book. So, you should do this-

Considering your disk is screwed, you will have to do a tad of bootlegging. Download Starcraft: Broodwar off the internet. Use your own CD-key and install it, then, whenever you want to play, just mount the Broodwar disk and play. You should back up all of your PC games that run of CD-s DVD-s, using a physical disk is really the easiest way to break it and Blizzard will most likely not send you a new one. Some companies tend to do that if you provide them with a check and a photo of your disk and CD key.

* Sorry if I nudged the "no piracy!" rule here. I figured I could walk the thin red line.
                              Thanks. I will try that. Perhaps make an ISO of it and burn it.

I think you should be fine. I really do own the physical disk. Paid for it and full.

Comment

• Currently going through RE2 and RE3, it's been such a long time since I played through them - I'm just blindly going through, trying to remember where everything is.

I forgot how much I hate Licker gangs on knife-only runs.

Also, Missv on Haunting Ground (I think my memory is correct on this) : Spoiler:

Damn it, now I feel like playing Haunting Ground.
                                Last edited by Enetirnel; 07-27-2009, 07:47 AM.
                                sigpic
                                Non-blurry Signature Version
                                Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Working...
                                X