No announcement yet.

Uncharted 2!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I finished hard difficult on Drake's and I started Crushing...you can't select weopons...omg I'm so gonna be toast on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent_Wong View Post
      So I finished hard difficult on Drake's and I started Crushing...you can't select weopons...omg I'm so gonna be toast on this.
      Take it slow and cover a lot and you'll be fine. Blindfire is your friend.

Comment

• Just recently started Uncharted 2 myself, enjoying it so far.

I'd be annoyed if Fallout 3 manages to drag me away from this. Fallout 3 has being doing this a bit too often.
        Finally playing 1.5. Woo-Hoo!!!

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent_Wong View Post
          So I finished hard difficult on Drake's and I started Crushing...you can't select weopons...omg I'm so gonna be toast on this.
          What do you mean you can't select weapons?

Comment

• Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
            What do you mean you can't select weapons?
            The weapons in the bonus menu.

Comment

• Oh, well that's fine. XP Difficult as fuck on Crushing, but fine.

Comment

• But there was a character who completley stole the show for me. Chloe is an excellent character Naughty Dog has created, she is funny, sexy, clever, and kinda twisted. She would alway's keep you guessing about what her intentions are. If there is a Charted 3 I hope she play's a lead role again.
                Yeah, I liked Chloe.
                Spoiler:

And don't worry, I'm SURE there will be an Uncharted 3.

Comment

• The only problem I had with Chloe is that Claudia Black already did that character basically on SG-1, a bit too familiar to me.

Comment

• Got it the day it came out. It took me three days to get through this game because "life" and "important things" got in the way.

But I loooved eet. I kinda disliked Chloe prior to playing the game because of shipping preferences, but she grew on me, minus the man-voice.

Yeah, pretty epic gaming experience. Uncharted 3 should be the ultimate sexy.

Comment

• Starting Crushing mode now, when I finish it I should get the platinum trophy.
                      I could do the first game's crushing mode, so surely I can do this too.

Comment

• I know someone who has platinum in this already! Infact he had it 2 days ago. Pure and utter fiend. I still got to do it on Normal, Hard and Crushing then I'm done. Will probably take me ages to get round to doing it though.

Also I was wondering if I complete the game on normal will it unlock Crushing? Or do you have to do hard first?
                        Last edited by P Anderson DIE; 10-19-2009, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• I'm rather glad Naughty Dog made at least a passing reference to Drake's, as Tycho put it, unique brand of sociopathy. There's an unusual dichotomy that arises from ND's attempts at making a "believable" protagonist who, at the same time, commits what could arguably be considered genocide on a fairly regular basis.

I understand it's part of the nature of the medium, but I've always found the entire notion of an "ordinary" protagonist in video games to be a bit farcical. Even when developers swear up and down that the character/s you play as in their game is just an average joe, the feats they accomplish throughout the course of the game suggest otherwise. You see this a lot with survival horror games, in particular.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if the character is not a member of the military or has had no combat training of any sort. They're still able to do things that no "ordinary" person could possibly do, so the whole "our character is just your every day, ordinary, run-of-the-mill, average joe" shtick becomes little more than lip service.

Maybe that's why I've never had a problem with playing as the characters in Resident Evil, or how they're often portrayed. They may not be realistic in the slightest, but as a side effect, you don't get the same strange feelings from them that one might from, say, Nathan Drake. I guess I should say it's a different kind of believability.

The less realistic the character, the easier it is to accept the more fantastical aspects of their persona or their actions, but the more realistic the character, the harder it is to accept those very same characteristics.
                          Last edited by Archelon; 10-19-2009, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• ^I like that comic above. Drake slaughtered numerous soldiers and pirates in the course of his 2 adventures. To be honest, I still feel that Leon killed more Spaniards in just 1 game. Ha ha.

As for UC2...probably the most amazing game I have ever played. The camera work, the graphics, the details, the story, the gameplay variety, the fluidity & progression of the content, the characters, the gunplay, the replay value, etc. I could go on and on. And this isn't even considering the multi-player aspect. The fun factor wrapped up in this tidy little package is off the charts. (Does that make it 'uncharted?' Ha ha...erm, umm...wow, what a horrendous joke.)

I think someone in this thread said it best when he/she stated "one continuous WOW moment."

The Uncharted series is absolutely incredible. And it is only 2 games old...
                            Last edited by Jill's Boob; 10-19-2009, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• I'm expecting UC2 after having good experiences with the multiplayer demo (and that was only a portion). Problem is, I have not played UC. I'm debating spending my money on it as I only have a portion for possibly the bt headset and MW2 preorder.

EDIT: Never mind, UC1 is currently in my possession
                              Last edited by GuardhouseMusic; 10-19-2009, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Archelon View Post

I'm rather glad Naughty Dog made at least a passing reference to Drake's, as Tycho put it, unique brand of sociopathy. There's an unusual dichotomy that arises from ND's attempts at making a "believable" protagonist who, at the same time, commits what could arguably be considered genocide on a fairly regular basis.
                                I agree. Remember how Spoiler:
                                Hypocritical much?

Comment

Working...
                                X