New Zombie Game: Onechanbara

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Zombie Game: Onechanbara

I just found this game called, Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad. Scantily clad female samurai killing zombies, if that's not the resipy for the greatest games ever, I don't know what is. (Actually the best game ever would be a "Tales of" game with guns and zombies.)

I don't know if anybody else has heard of it, I think it's been out in Japan for a while, but it's due tho hit America early next year. I'm I going to get it, Yes. does that make me a pervert, Yes.

Yup! Coming out on Wii and 360.

Then there's a whole lot of PS2 games in the franchise too (most, if not all, of that've been release in Europe in English)

Comment

Have you played any? The idea seems great, but knowing Japanese games, it might not be as good as it sounds. I.e. Dynasty Warriors Gundam. Brilliant idea, boring game.

Comment

If it comes out on PC, I buy.

Sounds goooood.

Comment

Not exactly 'new'...
          The power of the internet ;

But yeah, there's a new version coming to Wii. I think the 360 version has been out in Japan for a year or 2.
          I wanna see the movie!

I agree that it's an awesome concept. I've got 'Zombie Hunters' on PS2. It's the PAL English language version of the 2nd game. Even though it's a 'sequel' it's actually just the same game with 2 extra characters added.
          The game was better than I thought it would be. I've got others from the 'D3 Simple Series' and most are terrible. I think It's okay but if you wanted to be harsh, you could say that it sucks.
          I'm looking forward to the Wii version. It's one of only 3 games I'm waiting for on Wii (the other 2 being Fatal Frame 4 and House of the Dead Overkill).
          A similar game which should be better is 'Bayonetta' for PS3/360.

*Zombie Hunters
          *OneChanbara movie poster
          Attached Files

Comment

It seems that the game is very popular in Japan. The movie has been already released?
            sigpic

Comment

Yes it has!
              I went and found the dvd on ebay for $6.50!
              From a reputed seller too, with a 100% feedback record. So I don't think it is a pirate copy.
              I'm not expecting a masterpiece but it should be pretty cool. I saw a trailer for it a while back that looked quite good (in the right way).

Comment

The movie it's pretty well done, although the game it's not that perfect, not even a logic plot story. I played all the games for the PS2, and looking forward to play Wii and Xbox releases. I think they look great. I enjoyed playing them also, it's such a repetitive game but those chicks makes you play all the way through... never beated any of those, I think I should try again sometime. Great beat-em ups!

Comment

I got the movie last week.
                  I thought it was pretty cool (for a Japanese 'B movie', bordering on a 'C movie'). It was about as good as I expected.
                  The action, fights, hack & slash scenes were great! Very true to the games and very well done.
                  It could have been better though and I hope they make a sequel.
                  Last edited by Skunky; 01-12-2009, 09:37 PM.

Comment

The movie was great, I really enjoyed. To be honest, I didn't care about the special effects, they were good enough, great story plot, great acting, I though it was going to be a crap of movie, but it is pretty well done and faithful to the game. The action scenes are outstanding. I loved Reiko... too bad she was...

I want a sequel too, I love all the games. I don't want them to be called OneChanbara because they were usually known as Zombie Hunters in the USA but know they will be called OneChanbara : Bikini Zombie Slayers :S

Are you getting the USA edition of OneChanbara WII or OneChanbara Vortex 360 SKunky?
                    Last edited by Jill Lover; 01-12-2009, 08:40 PM.

Comment

But Onechanbara is the real name (from Japan). I would prefer games when possible stay with the same name. Resident Evil should be Biohazard, world wide IMO. Fatal Frame is originally Zero in Japan (it's origin) and Project Zero in PAL territories... I find it annoying and unnecessary having all these multiple names for the same games.

I have an unmodified PAL Wii, so I'll be getting the PAL version (Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers). Probably from here http://www.play.com/Games/Wii/4-/608...s/Product.html

Comment

I complety agree about not changing the original name of the games... The same happens with movies.
                        Do you know what's the difference about 360 an Wii version?. Both are a remake of the first one? I don't get which plot both have... knowing that there are 3 Onechanbara in Japan and I think 2 Zombie Hunters (Plus one called Zombie Zone). Now for the newer consoles 2 Onechanbara which have different names from the Japan version (originally called Vortex (360) and Revolution (Wii). Do you know if both are the same or if both have plot? And which one...

Comment

Well, the list of games is on that Wiki link I posted earlier...

The 'new' 360 game (Bikini Samurai Squad) is actually just the same game released in Japan as 'VorteX' over 2 years ago but now in English.

The Wii game (Bikini Zombie Slayers) is supposed to be a sequel to that game. It might just be an English version of 'Revolution' released last year in Japan. I'm not sure.

This is why I'm against having all these multiple names for the same games!

Comment

All I know is that WII version is known in Japan as Revolution, it might be a sequel of VorteX, not quite sure though. It can't be a remale of the first one because Reiko is not on it. The Wii version has the INTRO with the two sisters in the apartment, Saki is watching the news while Aya is taking a bath, I'm a that confused with both games, I couldn't find any scene from Vortex, not much information around either.

Comment

Neither of the Onechanbara games we are getting are new, they're just localised versions. I thought that should be cleared up.

Comment

Working...
                              X