The DEAD SPACE Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
    This is fucked up. Same thing with Tomb Raider/Square Enix. They all recorded decent review scores and decent sales but because companies expecting blockbusters and are over investing on greater return they're considered a failure.

This same system started fucking Japan over a while ago (keep talking about trying to make some sort of smash hit to meet CoD or GTA sale levels) you think people would learn. Years ago it would be considered successful for any game to meet a million sales worldwide and highly so for 2 or more. The maximum sales potential for any average game hasn't greatly changed so why people think that everything has to sell millions is beyond me.
    Doesn't help the fact they spend so much money on games, from development to marketing, specially the later. It's the mentality of "I invested 100 million on this game, there's no way that I won't make it back with a profit". It's so idiotic, you don't even need to be an expert on the subject to see it.

Comment

No what I mean is EA should be making sequels to things with both critical and decent sales markers. Capcom is saying that because that is what it's doing. It's not coming out and saying these games failed even with good reviews and average sales yet we won't make sequels. DmC did about as much as the supposedly dead end EA titles and they were positive about it. Even though RE6 failed to reach targets they've continued to be optimistic about the faults of the game and why it has struggled. But you know in the end Capcom will make sequels when the time is right and they haven't implied specifically what those will be otherwise.

In short Capcom saying they will focus on sequels to successful IP's but not cutting short what sort of IP's those are in case someone comes up with a great idea. EA saying the same but being far more specific about what they consider failures and cutting them off as a likely possibility.

As I said I can understand why studios are lowering risks but you should never say never to your IP's the way EA is.
      Last edited by Rombie; 05-10-2013, 04:21 PM.

Comment

For a big publisher a major title should be selling 2m+. Creeping by on small profits is only good for small companies. With the production values and marketing the Dead Space series has recieved it should be doing much better. I make them right deciding to not make more.

Capcom remarks regarding sales sound like bullshit. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on Wii U sells around 300k (most of that japan, sold F-all outside of it) and is a 'smash hit'? Bollocks.
        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
          Yeah, truth be told the man has not released a good film since 1995.
          Vampires was 1998.
          sigpic

Comment

Vampires was absolute shit.

Carpenter is a much better director than he is a writer, give him a good script and some freedom to create and he can put out good stuff.

Comment

I sort of liked Cigarette Burns. But regardless of that I don't see the point of making it when it's basically derived from various films already. I wonder if anyone at EA is taking his comments seriously.

Comment

Working...
              X