No announcement yet.

Dino Crisis 4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure we'll see a new Dino Crisis sooner or later. I loverd the first too so much! And the DC2 ending left place for a good DC follow up. If new gen Turok will make money Capcom might consider a DC game...Turok 2 kind of sucked and was left for "dead" for some time...kinda like DC...

Comment

They better not make it a FPS... Dino Stalker was horrible.

Comment

Yeah, definitelly no FPS...

Comment

RE4 Gameplay + Dinosaurs + Regina + DC1 = Problem solved

Comment

That'd be awesome for the T-Rex fights... Or the Raptor chases...

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
              RE4 Gameplay + Dinosaurs + Regina + DC1 = Problem solved
              Interestingly enough, I personally believe that DC2 was a pre-cursor to Capcom's action games. Particularly DMC and later on RE4. Action based, with weapon upgrades and very few puzzles. DC1 was Biohazard with dinosaurs and the birth of the QTE system.

Hell, put a back camera view in DC2 and you've got RE4 with dinosaurs. It's widely accepted that DC2 had to be the most underrated/overlooked title of the PS1 era. It really was a great game that ended up a casualty of the PS2 launch.

But again, the series was not a cash cow. The first game did well in Japan but never went platinum, and it failed in the west. DC2 didn't sell that well and DC3 flat out bombed. DMC1 sold through more than 2 million, and still is Capcom's best selling last generation game. DMC2 did fairly well despite its quality.

People often mistake Dino Stalker as an official entry, when it really was a mere Gun Survivor game.

Of course it's Capcom, so they naturally won't shoot down a possibility of a sequel. All things considered, I think it's highly unlikely.
              Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 07-29-2007, 01:58 PM.

Comment

People often mistake Dino Stalker as an official entry, when it really was a mere Gun Survivor game.
                But it still carried the DC label in Japan.

But seriously, DC1 should get some RE4/REmake/Wii treatment.
                Getting such a project rolling now could be a clever idea, especially since a new Jurassic Park is being tossed around for release 2008/2009.

The whole chemical system the first DC introduced was just too awesome, and would be excellent to bring back.

Comment

DC3 has pretty much killed the series.

Comment

Never got the chance to play DC3, but after reeading everything everyone has to say about it, I don't feel bad about it.... what's the story anyway? How did the dinos ended up in space?

Comment

If anything, DC3 seemed out of place...Dino Stalker at least had more ties in the story of the DC series, DC3 shouldnt have even been a sequel in the series...I have DC1, DC2, and Dino Stalker, never will I own DC3...its a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by -Evil Shady- View Post
                        Never got the chance to play DC3, but after reeading everything everyone has to say about it, I don't feel bad about it.... what's the story anyway? How did the dinos ended up in space?
                        Same situation here, I never had an original Xbox (does it play on 360?). Can anyone give a brief overview of how we got Dino's in space?

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                          Same situation here, I never had an original Xbox (does it play on 360?). Can anyone give a brief overview of how we got Dino's in space?
                          It has nothing to do with the previous games. Unfortunately, the dinosaurs in the game were not dinosaurs themselves but mutations that arose from Dinosaur DNA. The game made a point to make that evident.

Still it was terrible.

Comment

Having played both Resident Evil Outbreak and Dino Crisis 1 yesterday, i'm pretty sure Outbreak had some connection to Dino Crisis. Outbreak had the same door loading as DC (where the camera snaps to behind the player and watches them as they go through a door), it had the walk and aim, it had a sub-weapon style class for each character like Dino Crisis 2, and it was made by the same team who went on to make Monster Hunter, a game with alot of dinosaurs.

Maybe i'm clutching at straws here but I don't know, I think that the games may be connected.

But god, Dino Crisis 2 was one of the best PSX games, pity it got killed due to it's release and somewhat lack of hype. The game had fantastic graphics and fast gameplay that wasn't really done again until a few years after.

I'd be all up for a Dino Crisis 4 if they made it. The jungle multiplayer level in Lost Planet shows me that it could be done.
                            Last edited by randomwab; 08-20-2007, 03:18 AM.

Comment

Since Capcom is jumping on the remake/port band wagon, again with Dead Rising being ported to the Wii, and all, I think it would be good time to reintroduce a remake of Dino Crisis 1. It's an already solid game with great survival horror themes, if it got a graphics boost it could be the best version yet.

On an other note, aside from being a PC in a box, is there any other reason DC3 came out exclusively for the X-Box?

Comment

hmm i agree, a dino crisis remake could be a really good idea. If it went down the same route as the resident evil remake it could be really awesome.
                                I can picture in my mind now how amazing the T Rex fight could look, especially that ending where he chases the boat at the end.
                                The attack scenes could be turned into quick time events instead of having to bash all the buttons furiously.

Comment

Working...
                                X