No announcement yet.

Xbox 360 is an unreliable piece of shit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw this link over at... Kotaku I think. It was an interesting read about Microsoft's internal yields against what was actually released.

http://venturebeat.com/2008/09/05/xb...-console-woes/

Comment

• I personally hope that console wars will never end. You never want one company having all the power.

Comment

• The console war is over...but we still have a score to settle.
        Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 09-10-2008, 05:53 AM.
        See you in hell.

Comment

• I just got the console back. It has a manufacture date of 5-21-2008, so hopefully my issues with this thing are at an end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
            I just got the console back. It has a manufacture date of 5-21-2008, so hopefully my issues with this thing are at an end.
            From what I have read many sites have speculated on the release of "Jasper" which is the new board that will resize the die of the ATI graphics chip in the newer 360 models. Some sites claimed August and now others are saying September. I was tempted to buy a PS3 or 360 back when GTA came rolling around but again I have reason to just stick with my Wii and PC combo for gaming. Granted I'm missing out on a few of the exclusives but given the amount of time I would spent playing them I doubt I would fully enjoy them. Hopefully this time around will be a better experience for you if not I'd just head out and grab the new SKU when it hits the stores.

Out of curiosity how many times will Microsoft exchange a broken console? What are they charging for repairs if the console is no longer under warranty?
            Last edited by alf717; 09-15-2008, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• Think the 60gb Premium (or whatever they called that pack) that came out in late August (at least in Europe) is a Jasper, I think.

This would mean Jaspers should then probably have a production date of sometime late June 2008 and out, I guess. Wish someone would be able to do some digging and find the correct answer. I've got a new Elite that was produced basically at the end of June, wonder if it's a last of it's a kind or if it is the first of a new kind.

Also, my old one is on its way back to me now, wonder if they fixed or replaced it (judging from the fact that it basically just came in the door and then went out, sounds like they just saw it and put a new one in the box. Will be interesting to see whenever it arrives... ProbablyFriday or Monday, judging from the tracking info.)

Comment

• Doesn't the Arcade contain the newest chips? just get one of those and buy a 3rd party HMDI cable and Xbox360 HDD attachment without any games.
                If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• Does the arcade version have HDMI support now? I thought it was just the regular A/V and Composite.

Comment

• Yes it was just the Core that didn't I think.
                    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• This, is a killer feature to have! Never again do i have to go through the agonising process of telling my missus what to download and where to try and find it, can just do it myself from work!

Comment

• This is pretty awesome - I'm wondering though if I left my Xbox 360 on the dashboard and initiated a download from somewhere else - will it automatically download?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nemesis556 View Post
                          This is pretty awesome - I'm wondering though if I left my Xbox 360 on the dashboard and initiated a download from somewhere else - will it automatically download?
                          Yeah that's the whole idea of it mate. Will be a great idea if you're stuck in work and a batch of new content that you want is released!

Comment

Working...
                          X