No announcement yet.

Xbox 360 is an unreliable piece of shit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That may be true...but it's also a terribly over priced system. A year ago I bought a Wii, a 360 and two games fo each system for less that it would have cost me to get a PS3 and a controller, with no games.

I'm not one to sit and compare images, since grpahics have always been a secondary concern for me, but as I understand it 360 games tend to look better than there playstation conunterparts. Add to that the huge price difference (I can get a 360 for (£150 if I try, and a PS3 for about a hundred or so pounds more) and that many of the games are on both systems and you can see why the PS3 isn't doing as well as Sony hoped.

Of course, in Derby, the game shops still put out big signs stating they have Wii's in stock. It's still difficult to buy one unless you pre-order it. Crazy but fun.

Comment

• lol, I might have to go to Derby to get a Wii then, we're getting my sister one for christmas but everywhere in London, Southampton and Portsmouth are sold out -_-.
      Either that or order from amazon germany, which has some but I dunno of the PAL warranty would still count.

Either way, The PS3 is seriously overrated, and all the ports of games look superior on the Xbox360 anyway, not to mention the games are too expensive, along with the console, and there are not enough good games on it to warrant buying it until at LEAST late 2008.

Comment

• The Xbox 360 is the most overrated system IMO ever to grace the gaming industry. About 30% of the systems are having hardware failure, and I was one of the 30% to have also gotten the red ring of death after having taken care of the system like a child for nearly 1-1/2 years. Microsoft should be put out of business, they're a piece of shit company that makes crappy half-assed products.

Also coming from an ex-360 owner myself, the 360 does not have superior graphics over the PS3. If anything, the 360 (in my opinion) has graphics that just look like upscaled original Xbox games. I have probably played almost every port on the PS3/360, and my final judgment about the graphics is that the PS3 is a way better system overall.

Just give it some time, pretty soon (with the PS3's bluray support) will put every other system in the water. You honestly can't beat a system that can support 30 GB games by 2010.

Also the 360's hard drive is a pathetic joke, paying $300 and you only get "20" (actually 13.8) gigs? No thanks. I'll take my PS3's 40-80 GIG HDD any day.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dude View Post

Either way, The PS3 is seriously overrated,
          LOL.. sorry man, but that just doesn't add up. The system still gets bashed whenever it's mentioned on an average forum so there is no way it's overrated by any means. It's not underrated either as far as as game system goes either.

Great build quality and multimedia centre and still one of the best BD players out there. We've only seen two games that makes you think whether it's possible on the 360 (Uncharted and R&C), while most multiplatform games aren't optimized (COD4 is an exception)

I like the system, but I'd recommend a 360 at this point because of the solid library and XBL. The build quality is an issue, but you're safe--r with a newer system now. I'll get my 3rd one when NGII is out.

The Wii... sorry, I really got the DS's appeal and love the thing, but the Wii is still an anomally in my book. It's working wonders with new gaming audiences and Nintendo's bottom line, but I'm not a big fan.

Comment

• See, the reason the PS3 gets bashed is the following reasons

1.It has the crappest graphics (mainly due to its terrible lighting capabilities)
            2.No exclusives worth it (you have MSG4, thats it)
            3.It is way overpriced because it is not a console, it is a multimedia center as you said, but that's not what people want!
            4.It's a rip-off from the 360 and Wii, meshed into one, hence i call it "The Frankenstein", and everyone knows it
            5.GIANT ENEMY CRABS!

Comment

• It's because of the pricing and lack of games in general, and they're justified. Pricing is less of an issue now obviously, but the game library needs to grow faster. Nothing more, nothing less, but I'll go over those points of yours since I have some time to kill.

1. Ah, the oh-so-typical game board tech wizard with SDK's and the knowledge to give the bottom line on matters. I suppose you like Wii graphics better. PS3-specific games look great and the recent Uncharted is the best looking console game out there right now. Look at that game with it's fully realtime lighting engine, complex textures, shaders and 20+ million poly characters and then talk. Spec-wise, every developer (even 360 cheerleaders) acknowledge that the PS3 has an edge. Developing for it is considerably harder, and there isn't an incentive to do so with a smaller user base. Hence, the great number of worse-looking multiplatform game.

2. Your opinion, and MGS4 isn't out yet so no point of mentioning that. Uncharted, R&C, NGS are certainly great exclusives, and the first is worth getting a console for.

3. Expensive, not overpriced. And you got a point there, because it's a game console and that ultimately caused its current market situation now. For the package it is, it's not overpriced.

4. Bullshit. While the motion sensing is a joke, it's not quite the centre of attention for games. And calling it a 360 copy is like calling every console a copy of a successful predecessor. Even XBL is essentially XBAND on steroids, while digital distribution has been the talk of every software and tech company since 2000. Sony's hype of the PS2 in 99 touted that, but MS delivered the goods first.

5. Wasn't funny in May 2006, and after 1.5 years, it still isn't.

Comment

• Ah i can't be bothered going through the whole fanboy argument thing again, Sony have dug themselves a hole and in time you'll see them finally fall into it.

Comment

• Nice. Read through posts completely, namely the first one I had here. Apparently pointing out the bs with sense and remaining neutral is fanboyish. If I had nodded, it would be fine.

To elaborate on your last note, the whole was dug with the initial MSRP and they're fallen. It's been a year, and they're #3 worldwide, down from #1 merely two year ago.

Still doesn't change the fact that as far as quality and features go, Sony for once hit the mark. As a game system, it's in many ways off (library and online)

Comment

• Rewak, I think you are not looking at things objectively. Most of your points scream of a fanboy bias.

Originally posted by rewak View Post
                    1.It has the crappest graphics (mainly due to its terrible lighting capabilities)

Not true, not even in the least. If anything Uncharted shows that its the most powerful console yet. Its graphics are IMO unmatched. What I think you are taking this from is the fact that not many multi-platform developers have utilized the PS3 to its full potential, and its mostly given second class status, with games being developed for the 360 and then ported over to the PS3 with mixed results. Thankfully it seems some developers are overcoming this, and some (in the case of Burnout Paradise) are making the title for PS3 first and then porting it over to 360.

Uncharted, Resistance, Ratchet & Clank. Those are the ones I would pick as being great exclusives that are actually out. Then lets have a look at the 360, what does it have? Gears went to PC, Lost Planet went to PC and PS3. Hell, the only other game I'd consider worth owning on the 360 would be Dead Rising, which thus far has remained exclusive. Burnout Revenge was a nice game as well which AFAIK is still exclusive. Its only recently that 360 got some more AAA titles, and comparing 1st year PS3 to 2nd year 360 is pretty short sighted. If you look at what titles were out a year after 360 launched, I'm sure you'd see some pretty shit titles.

3.It is way overpriced because it is not a console, it is a multimedia center as you said, but that's not what people want!
                    How much was 360 when you bought it? Probably $399, the same price that the PS3 is now. I certainly want a multi media center, its quite nice having everything consilidated into one player. Do you feel the same way about the 360? I mean it did afterall just get an update which now allows you to stream Divx and Xvid to it. So why just bash the PS3?

4.It's a rip-off from the 360 and Wii, meshed into one, hence i call it "The Frankenstein", and everyone knows it
                    I will concede that they did steal the motion controls (quite unnessesarily I might add) but you cant be serious about it being a rip off of the 360. How exactly is that so? Because it uses shaders? Really, please tell me how its a rip off.

5.GIANT ENEMY CRABS!
                    This really makes you look like you cannot get a PS3, and therefore you have to hate on it to justify the console of your choice.
                    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 12-09-2007, 04:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rewak View Post
                      See, the reason the PS3 gets bashed is the following reasons

5.GIANT ENEMY CRABS!
                      The PS3 has the best graphics imo I'm sure a lot of others will agree! It does sorta sound like you can't afford one. The 360 didn't copy anything from the PS3 it copied just about everything from Dreamcast! But yea The PS3 has a lot of great titles. I've owned a few 360's (not all at once only due to taking them back and exchanging them) And not even a few days later-few weeks later it gets that stupid red ring of death thing. Proves the PS3 is better and no I'm not a fan boy

Comment

• Microsoft tried to make a system that had better hardware than the PS2, thus the Xbox was created. They only did it to be in competition with Sony, not to mention they stole partial console designs from Sega. I never once had a problem with any Sony products. However, the original Xbox had the tendency of catching on fire. Now we have a "next-gen" system that precedes it, but has even worse hardware failure rates. Even Team Xbox says the system was quite possibly designed to break, because we all know how greedy and corrupt Microsoft is. They just want you to send in your broken system after the warranty expires so they can charge you an extra $120 bucks, this is how they make their profits. I wouldn't be surprised if the tendency of 360 systems breaking would sky-rocket to %50, considering Bill Gates also hires Illegal Immigrants to work for them.

I would like you to actually play the PS3 and come back here and say that again, I'm pretty sure you haven't played one before/or can't afford one as Dot stated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Umon Daisuke View Post

5. Wasn't funny in May 2006, and after 1.5 years, it still isn't.
                          What about RIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RAAAAACCCER!

I concur. I just spent most of today playing through Uncharted and it's one of the best looking console games ever, but not only that it's strikes the non-often reached goal of being combined visually with an exceptionally well playing game as well.

Considering all the issues I've seen, heard, read, and experienced with the 360... including the fact I've seen a NEW HDMI 360 still RROD, I continue to have no faith in Microsoft, the 360, and their ability fix things.

Comment

• My fourth 360 has been freezing up alot lately.

I think that speaks for itself.
                            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Ugh, i'm not getting into a huge debate (again) about this, i hate Sony and their crappy consoles, yes i am a fanboy, but it's their own fault. I had a PS1, it packed in, i had a PS2, it packed in. Funnily enough right around the time they started putting out the slimmer versions. I'm not making the same mistake a third time. When the PS3-Slim comes out, i'll be right there when you all start bitching that your PS3 isn't reading discs anymore.
                              Last edited by rewak; 12-10-2007, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• I wonder what you are going to do when your 360 breaks

Comment

Working...
                                X