No announcement yet.

PC NEXT-GEN GAMES REQUIREMENTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I were you I would just keep what you have, I would overclock it if you wanted more speed. Here is a good place to start

Comment

Kingston 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800: 101.50$ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-582-_-Product
      this is overpriced.

especially since i bought two sets OCZ Platinum 4GB (2 x2GB) 240-pin DDR3 SDRAM 1600 (PC3 - 12800) Memory for $75 each.
      Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Jill Lover View Post
        INTEL E7500 CORE2DUO BOX 64 BITS + ASUS P5KPL-AM SE - 4 GB DDR2 + 320 HDD
        SERIAL ATA - ATX P4 600W. XFX 9800GT 1024 MB (DDR3).

I know i'll be kind of outdated in terms of technology, but tell me what you think and what am i going to be able to play if i get this one.
        It's not like there are games you won't be able to play even with lowered quality settings, it's just not a good choice (which pretty much means that sooner or later there will be games you won't be able to enjoy.)

For example unless you plan to buy a very fast dual core, there's no reason to not buy a quad core.

At least try to get the Phenom, motherboard and DDR3 I recommended (or equivalent components) and keep the 9800GT and hard disk you chose.

Comment

If you are going to go with a lower end processor (ie not an i5 or i7 range), its my opinion to go with an AMD processor, since their roadmap is much more promising to me then Intel currently is, allowing for the same socket and such.

Comment

What he said

Comment

Originally posted by Borman View Post
              If you are going to go with a lower end processor (ie not an i5 or i7 range), its my opinion to go with an AMD processor, since their roadmap is much more promising to me then Intel currently is, allowing for the same socket and such.
              If this is the case, why are OEMs still putting Core 2 Duos in their machines?

I bought my laptop two months ago. It has a Core 2 Duo in it (though the sticker says Centrino 2, so I'm not sure)...

Wait a minute. Apparently, Centrino is a part of the Core 2 Duo processor. I have a T9600...

I'm still confused.
              Last edited by WeskerIncarnate; 11-29-2009, 02:19 PM.

Comment

if you don't want to wait a for a quad-core processor by Intel or AMD, you can always wait for the i3, which is Intel's most powerful dual-core arriving next year.
                Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

Ummmh... i was planning to get this one: ASUS P5N7A - VM, XFX 9800GT 1GB DDR3/ Sentey RJA237A 600W, 4 GB de RAM. 500 HDD .

I'm really taking into consideration many of your suggestions guys. Thanks a lot.

Comment

If you want to get shit done on a budget at all and save some pennies, i'm gonna be building my PC in 2010 based on this thread...

Comment

That's exactly what Gareth did It's a cool pc and I steal it from time to time to play PC games, as my laptop is a piece of sh*t which overheats.

Comment

haha, i'm on the verge of possibly considering thinking about contemplating maybe selling both my consoles to cover the costs of it.

Comment

Only thing I will recommend is changing a few things in the recommend list. I come to about 800 pounds counting everything, that's including more memory and a power house of a quad core processor. It depends on what you wanting to do for the next few years.

Comment

if you want to spend money on something I recommend a SSD.

Comment

Working...
                            X