Mortal Kombat (Reboot)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
    Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter are VERY different from each other. Ono even said it himself. Saying one is better than the other is completely based off personal opinion, not fact. Mortal Kombat doesn't try to be the complicated chess game that SF and MVC are, it's meant to be a fun experience without all that planned out/hardcore crap for the more casual gamer. The MK team even said it themselves in many interviews that they made this MK easy for people.

SF/MVC isn't for everyone.......that's why we have MORTAL KOMBAT!!!

EDIT: and I'm sorry for the double post.
    This I'll agree with.

I just got done watching the first episode of MK: Legacy and I gotta say it looks promising but I'm just disappointed that they didn't show Scorpion or any other ninja. Hopefully they will for the next episode.

Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
    Didn't see this posted

SSF4 Producer gives his opinion on Mortal Kombat.

Someone sounds butthurt......because that's not true at all. At least with this newest MK it's not.

Someone posted this awhile ago on TRMK. I read it and just laughed. Fatalities are cool but...no. I don't want to skip over the match just to see a fatality. There are times when I don't even do a fatality.

Comment

• Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
      This I'll agree with.
      I'm just disappointed that they didn't show Scorpion or any other ninja.
      A new trailer was released featuring footage from upcoming episodes.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by aris13 View Post
        A new trailer was released featuring footage from upcoming episodes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov63lTUvNok
        Yeah I know but I figured for the first episode they'd show at least one ninja. Next week is going to be so damn good! Only 7 more days till kombat!

Comment

Mortal Kombat doesn't try to be the complicated chess game that SF and MVC are, it's meant to be a fun experience without all that planned out/hardcore crap for the more casual gamer.
          So basically, Mortal Kombat is for people who are shit at Street Fighter?
          Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 04-12-2011, 07:21 AM.
          See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
            Pretty much. You can pull off combos by just pressing one button repeteadly.
            sigpic

Comment

• Whereas in Mortal Kombat the fighting and playing is just a pathway to get to the result - it's the Fatality you want to see and you almost want to skip the fighting bit and get to the Fatality because that is the result.
              I'm actually inclined to agree here, but we can chalk that up to me not being a big fan of fighting games.

Comment

• CHRIIIIIIIIIIISSSSS!

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                  I'm actually inclined to agree here, but we can chalk that up to me not being a big fan of fighting games.
                  I think his statement would have been true in the beginning, when MK first started out, but I definitely don't see that being the case now.

MK9 is way more integrated than previous games. With the inclusion of X-rays and Super Meters, I think the gameplay has alot going for it. Johnny Cage has an X-ray that needs to be executed at the right time in order to work, so I think it's safe to say MK(2011) has some of those SF elements as well.

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                  You don't have to make it sound that bad

Another way to put it, MK is for people who don't want to over analyze.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                    Nope. I'm fairly decent at it (who says I haven't played Street Fighter?) I just don't like it. I found out years ago that if I hate it, I'm good at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                      Pretty much. You can pull off combos by just pressing one button repeteadly.
                      I agree one thing I don't like about fighters like Tekken MK as much as SF is thata noob can easily win by smashing. with SF its not as fanatical and analyzing as people say for everyone but the fact that it can be taken to the pro level shows a lot of depth within the game I'm not a studier of frame data and I do win a good deal of matches but when I lose I know the other person knew their skill set well SF is easily enjoyable for the casual gamer as the pro
                      "Admit it, you're going to miss this ass" - Chloe Frazer

Comment

• Mortal Kombat Live Stream from Machinima.com.

We're apparently going to see some new stuff. Whats funny is they won't let us see the character select screen, yet it's been leaked practically everywhere.
                        Last edited by CODE_umb87; 04-12-2011, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Mortal Kombat Live Stream from Machinima.com.

We're apparently going to see some new stuff. Whats funny is they won't let us see the character select screen, yet it's been leaked practically everywhere.
                          A friend pointed out that they were playing on Xbox, and the Character Select screen could've been taboo due to a secret extra character, a la Kratos. I dunno how likely this is, but it's the only thing that made sense to me, considering that the whole roster has already been revealed.

Comment

• Just because something is simple doesn't make it easy.

Comment

• They showed the select screen when I first watched it for a bit. He has half the roster unlocked. Nothing special.

Comment

• I still hope for some kind of extra for Xbox 360 players... However I do think that the PS3 version will be the superior one. Kratos is a HUGE plus.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Working...
                                X