Mortal Kombat (Reboot)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    A leaked screen grab from the character selection for the forthcoming Mortal Kombat reboot, show that the roster of fighters will be 26-strong, with 8 readily available and a further 18 to unlock.
    My guess is that there won't be a single new character, since Ed Boon has been saying the game will pay tribute to the first 3 games, and with those games combined it equals 26 characters total.

Mortal Kombat
    -Liu Kang
    -Johnny Cage
    -Kano
    -Sonya Blade
    -Raiden
    -Scorpion
    -Sub-Zero

Mortal Kombat 2
    -Kung Lao
    -Reptile
    -Shang Tsung
    -Kitana
    -Mileena
    -Jax
    -Baraka

Mortal Kombat 3/Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
    -Sindel
    -Stryker
    -Smoke
    -Cyrax
    -Sektor
    -Nightwolf
    -Sheeva
    -Kabal
    -Jade
    -Ermac
    -Rain
    -Noob Saibot

26 characters.

Comment

I hope they do something cool with the look for Noob Saibot.

Comment

That selection of kharacters would be pretty sweet.However I would like to see Kenshi on it...

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Hopefully they'll add Shao Khan as a playable character as well. And dont forget the DLC option in the lower right corner of the character slot so we'll have more than 28 for sure.

Comment

Eh, they could do without a couple of those characters, namely Kabul and Stryker, who really never came off as anything more than completely lame. Or the Sub-Zero/Scorpion/Reptile knockoffs, though I remember playing with Rain and Ermac in Mortal Kombat Trilogy quite a bit.
            sigpic

Comment

I think Rain / Ermac / Noob are ok... At least they have somewhat different movesets, and in previous MKs they had their own looks as pallette swapping is no more.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Originally posted by valentinesdead? View Post
                Eh, they could do without a couple of those characters, namely Kabul and Stryker, who really never came off as anything more than completely lame. Or the Sub-Zero/Scorpion/Reptile knockoffs, though I remember playing with Rain and Ermac in Mortal Kombat Trilogy quite a bit.
                HEY! Kabal is kool (see what I did thar?) but Stryker I could get a fuck about, I've never liked him. As for the knock off Scorpion,Reptile and Sub-Zero such as Noob, Rain (who doesn't like purple rain?) and Ermac I like them when they had their own move set but if its another copy that's shit.

I'm thinking Smoke will have his 2 forms as a ninja and a cyborg.

Comment

New Screens
                  sigpic

Comment

I honestly don't know if I like Sektors new look or not.

Comment

Check it out!

7 More Characters Confirmed for Mortal Kombat

Comment

I just watched some of the fatalities from MK vs DC. Those were some of the lamest excuses for fatalities I have ever seen (though I thought the Joker's one with the gun was hilarious).

I am so glad that the brutality is back in this new game.

Comment

The Realm of Mortal Kombat, TRMK, features in-depth coverage of the Mortal Kombat series, including Mortal Kombat X, interactive strategy guides, special moves and all fatalities.

Nothing to do with the new game really but this is still fucking bad ass.

Off topic kinda. I actually just bought a E3 MK shirt from eBay last night

Comment

I was always fond of Reptile, but disappointed by how they made him look more lizard-like as the years went by. I'm glad to finally see him returning to his old ninja form again though.

My personal favorites are:
                            - Reptile
                            - Scorpion
                            - Sub Zero
                            - Noob Saibot
                            - Smoke (human)

I was always fond of the ninja types in MK.

Comment

New Trailer
                              sigpic

Comment

This is my buddy mrwesker426 at the penny arcade expo in seattle WA rolling over some dude in the new Mortal Kombat DEMO. Sorry I didn't edit it but i wante...

some gameplay footage from PAX. Scorpions exit when he wins the last match was fucking SWEET!

Better footage from PAX

IGN’s home for the latest game trailers, including new gameplay, cinematics, announcements, and reveals. Subscribe to stay up to date and get notified when new trailers arrive, that includes during events like Nintendo Directs, Sony State of Plays, E3, The Game Awards, Gamescom, and more. Check out our playlists for trailers coming to your preferred gaming platforms like PC, Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. For more content, visit IGN.com or check out our other channels: IGN - https://www.youtube.com/IGN IGN Games - https://www.youtube.com/IGNGames IGN Guides - https://www.youtube.com/c/IGNGuides IGN VR - https://www.youtube.com/IGNVR IGN Movie Trailers - https://www.youtube.com/IGNMovieTrailers This is only a small taste of the videos and content available from IGN. Get more, visit http://www.ign.com

Yup its offical. Cyrax and Scorpion is the best tag team and Cyrax's fatatlity is just as good as scorpions mid air head slice fatality.
                                Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 09-07-2010, 03:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X