Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...i hate my life...

this came from The-Magicbox.com

Square Enix producer Yoshinori Kitase said that he would be interested in making Final Fantasy VII-2, and it would have to be a really big budget title.
    is it just me or do they just not care anymore? i brought this up in my FFXIII review that square gives fans the wrong things that they want. I mean was anyone clamoring fro FFX-2 or FFXIII-2? granted i think XIII-2 will be better than XIII but thats not the point...i think i speak for everyone when i say...

...WHY?

Well, you kinda already have it. Advent Children.

Comment

Sqenix is a fail company now dude, Final fantasy started sucking hard after FF6 anyways(Yeah, I'm one of the few who didn't like 7.)

They're all about sequels and pretty graphics, but the stories and characters are absolutely crap now. Still, the guys who made the first 8 or so FF games are all gone now, either retired or working at a different company.

The series is past its prime now and thats just how it is.

Comment

Fuck FFVII. Overrated pile of tosh.
        See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
          I definitely agree that Final Fantasy VII is overrated, and I believe the only reason it gets such glorification is simply because it was the first Final Fantasy that took it beyond just a flat, overhead perspective (Basically, it was the first in the line of pretty graphics).

I have never been a major fan of Final Fantasy VII. It is sort of like the Resident Evil 2 of Final Fantasies. Square-Enix thinks everyone wants to play every little side story stemming from the main game. And just throw in Sephiroth and it becomes marketing gold!

Out of the Playstation generation Final Fantasies, I've always been partil to VIII and IX for PSX, and XII for PS2...I wasn't overly impressed with XIII as I felt like it focused too much on the graphics and nothing else.
          sigpic

Comment

XIII Had the flatest characters yet.

I loved the brief wiki desciption of Lighting, Yun Fang, and Vanille.

Lightning: Tough but sensitive.

Yun Fang: Tough but sensitive.

Vanille: Sensitive but tough.

Comment

Final Fantasy VI is certainly my favourite, and whilst I did enjoy VII, it is overrated beyond anything I've ever seen. Great game, wasn't the best - I had a soft spot for VIII and IX. I disliked XI and XII completely, but liked X and XIII.
              It's all down to personal opinions obviously, but I can't stand the constant 'fact' that VII is the best Final Fantasy that ever graced this planet, shoved down my throat constantly by rabid fans and Square alike.
              But this really isn't needed, I hate their constant milking of VII, its annoying.
              But it's what makes money, so of course they're going to do that, can't complain with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
                Final Fantasy VI is certainly my favourite, and whilst I did enjoy VII, it is overrated beyond anything I've ever seen. Great game, wasn't the best - I had a soft spot for VIII and IX. I disliked XI and XII completely, but liked X and XIII.
                It's all down to personal opinions obviously, but I can't stand the constant 'fact' that VII is the best Final Fantasy that ever graced this planet, shoved down my throat constantly by rabid fans and Square alike.
                But this really isn't needed, I hate their constant milking of VII, its annoying.
                But it's what makes money, so of course they're going to do that, can't complain with that.
                sadly my friend will NEVER play any of the others, in his mind FFVII is the best one. I prefer 6 and i still haven't gotten past the floating continent. in terms of PS1 i liked 9 more yet never got past disc 2. When i talked with him about this he asked how they would even make a VII-2 and brought up the turks. i was tempted to bring up before crisis then i realized if he never played it to him it never existed.

he did bring up some good ideas though like adding 2 gambling themed limit breaks to cait sith, adding aero and water materia, and added secret bosses and dungeons like most of the remakes, not to mention a retranslated script and better character sprites...as an episodic release. it worked fro many games from travelers tales, so why not SQUENIX?

I mean would it kill them to see the changes fans made to the PC release of FFVII? Better CGI sprites, Nice music, better everything. Anything that was wrong with the PC release fans fixed.

Listen to the fans Square...before you end up in a round hole of nothingness

Comment

VIII is the best of the series, thankfully they've left that mostly alone.

Comment

It's all about Final Fantasy X-2.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post

Comment

I'm kind of a IX and X man myself.

And Tactics....god I love Tactics.

Comment

I know the other FF7 stuff is crap but the original FF7 is awesome, come on.. It's a classic..

A remake rather than a sequel wouldn't be a bad idea but... Squaresoft > Square Enix.

Comment

Originally posted by Vogue_Dirge View Post
                            It's all about Final Fantasy X-2.
                            It's a god damn mothers meeting.
                            See you in hell.

Comment

The entire FF series is crap. Except XII.
                              Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Working...
                              X