No announcement yet.

"Zwei" New survival horror gamer from Shinji Mikami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In case anyone hasn't seen it yet, they've released a new trailer for the game. Pretty excited by it so far.

*edit* Well Jennifer Hale is obviously voicing the unnamed female character.

*edit2* Just realized this is the Tokyo Game Show trailer...I hope some more gameplay videos are show and I wonder what other games will be announced!

Last edited by atlier00; 09-17-2013, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• Jennifer Hale
      Ew.

Comment

• makes me sick all this "from s. mikami"... "father of survival horror"... dont want to flame about this but they should focus on the game, not on an uncertain reputation.

although, there is some leaked prologue gameplay on youtube featuring this trailer theme.

Comment

• The reputation is being flaunted presumably as a middle finger to Capcom.

Comment

• I like this trailer more than I did the last one. I can't help but feel that the premise for the beginning of this plot is based directly on RE1's; fucked up shit is going down and your crew is sent to investigate, yo.
            sigpic
            "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Originally posted by Code_R View Post
              Ew.
              Not a fan of femShep?

Comment

• Not a fan of ShepLoo either, but at least it's more amusing when you play as the Renegade. Hale sounds the same in everything, except maybe MGS2.

As for the topic, have yet to be convinced ... but then perhaps it's refreshing to stay out of the hype machine.

Comment

• Anyone else notice how the beginning of "The Evil Within" is a throwback to the first "Resident Evil"? Three characters investigating a creepy asylum at night. (Chris, Wesker and Jill)

Comment

• Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
                    Anyone else notice how the beginning of "The Evil Within" is a throwback to the first "Resident Evil"? Three characters investigating a creepy asylum at night. (Chris, Wesker and Jill)
                    i agree, looks identical to RE1 remake, but i give it a chance, they have to enter it leik cops lol

Comment

• Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                      makes me sick all this "from s. mikami"... "father of survival horror"... dont want to flame about this but they should focus on the game, not on an uncertain reputation.

although, there is some leaked prologue gameplay on youtube featuring this trailer theme.
                      Pretty much this, made even worse with the shown gameplay looking like a direct RE4 rip.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nacktreiten View Post
                        Pretty much this, made even worse with the shown gameplay looking like a direct RE4 rip.
                        ...The guy who made RE4 is the one who made this game. How can it be a rip off if the same person is in charge of development for two different franchises. -.O

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                          ...The guy who made RE4 is the one who made this game. How can it be a rip off if the same person is in charge of development for two different franchises. -.O
                          If someone feels that he is having to repeat very specific pieces from his previous successes then it doesn't say much for his creativity, inspiration, and originality for his future ideas and designs.
                          sigpic
                          "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Dude...do you realize what you're saying?

Every game and its sequel(s) does stuff like this. Hell, lots of producers reuse concepts and ideas for other series they work on.

Koijima reused stealth elements from from Metal Gear into Boktai.

Miyamoto has reused a lot of ideas for a variety of series.

Keiji Inafune is reusing a lot of his Megaman ideas for Mighty no.9(Which is a spiritual successor to Megaman).

You can't just cherry pick and say its bad because Mikami is doing it. If he does it badly, then thats a different argument. Its also hard to judge a new game when we've only seen little bits and pieces of it. Give it a little more time before you start shitting on it
                            Last edited by Wrathborne; 09-24-2013, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• reusing is not a problem, reusing RE4 its the problem

Comment

• Here ya go.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	2542401-cherry.png
Views:	1
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	403293
                                this is for your argument.

Comment

Working...
                                X