"Zwei" New survival horror gamer from Shinji Mikami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
    Dude...do you realize what you're saying?

Every game and its sequel(s) does stuff like this. Hell, lots of producers reuse concepts and ideas for other series they work on.

Koijima reused stealth elements from from Metal Gear into Boktai.

Miyamoto has reused a lot of ideas for a variety of series.

Keiji Inafune is reusing a lot of his Megaman ideas for Mighty no.9(Which is a spiritual successor to Megaman).

You can't just cherry pick and say its bad because Mikami is doing it. If he does it badly, then thats a different argument. Its also hard to judge a new game when we've only seen little bits and pieces of it. Give it a little more time before you start shitting on it
    You asked a question concerning why someone would view his design choices in a negative light regarding RE4 elements, and I offered you an explanation. I'm sorry it doesn't agree with your opinion. It wasn't presented as a fact, and the validity of the statement will differ between people because we don't all experience a game the same way.
    sigpic
    "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Hate to say it while you do have a point, its not really a point that holds much weight when other publishers and game directors do the same stuff.

But we cant really judge a game on a few chunks of images and clips.Usually by the 6 months before release date mark kick in theres enough out there to have an idea on what to expect.
      Last edited by Wrathborne; 09-25-2013, 10:26 PM.

Comment

• Personally I enjoyed the most recent trailer over the original. I'm looking forward to the game, but I'm not particularly excited. It's too early for that. I'm really interested in seeing how the competition between Mikami's personal feelings toward Capcom and his old passion will influence the game. Its reception will influence RE7 and maybe Capcom can carve out the best RE in over a decade. This needed to happen a long time ago if you ask me.
        sigpic
        "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Heres some more from the game.
          Hardly a word gets spoken in the first few minutes of this Evil Within gameplay footage. And, really, what needs to be said?

I see a pretty big combination of RE4, the REmake, as well as Silent Hill here.But its still hard to tell whats going on and what the monsters are, which is actually cool and things are nicely disturbing here as well. Much more so than any RE game in the last decade.
          Last edited by Wrathborne; 09-27-2013, 04:15 PM.

Comment

• It's like a mix between remake, RE4 and silent hill. It looks really good from what I can see. More promising than any recent resident evil.

Comment

• I just love how the first comment of that video has someone complaining about the controls. Yes, a cover system and perfect aiming will make this game the BEST survival horror game ever. They even used The Last Of Us as an example of what perfect controls should be like in a survival horror game. Some people just don't understand the survival horror genre at all....

PS: Good job Mikami. That chainsaw enemy blows away every iteration Capcom came up with.

Comment

• Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
                That chainsaw enemy blows away every iteration Capcom came up with.
                Do not forget Super Dr. Salvador!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                  Do not forget Super Dr. Salvador!!!
                  Super Dr. Salvador scared the crap out of me on my first try. Was not expecting him. Everything RE5 and onwards with a chainsaw, was medicore.

Comment

• Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
                    Super Dr. Salvador scared the crap out of me on my first try. Was not expecting him. Everything RE5 and onwards with a chainsaw, was medicore.
                    the main problem is, they always said they were deviating from the RE style during re4 development. for me, a carbon copy of leather face was the cheapest departure they could take.
                    Last edited by yurieu; 10-02-2013, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X