No announcement yet.

Silent Hill Origins coming to the PS2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh well, back to using my PSP as an E-book reader.

Comment

The PSP will never compete in the handheld market if it's best titles are ported to PS2 all the time. It's getting boring now.

Comment

Problem is that Silent Hill Origins was very poorly recieved. I've seen mediocore reviews across the board for it (anywhere from 5/10 to 6 out of 10). That's why I didn't bother with it.

Comment

It was pretty faithful to the series though. A bit of a non-event in the main storyline, but the same could be said about Silent Hill 2. At least origins stuck with Alessa.

Comment

I thought the reviews for Origins were pretty complimentary, ranging in the sevens to nines mostly. Personally i thought it's one of the better games in the series, genuinely delivers on the scares, and like Dot said, was faithful to the series.

Another reason why the PSP won't be able to compete i realised yesterday, is that now the best titles are appearing on places like the PSN Store and X-Box Live Arcade!

Comment

No surprise here, yet again Big Stu feels compelled to contradict whatever Surgicalhorror says. Obviously you just want to be a dick.

Comment

Metacritic aggregates music, game, tv, and movie reviews from the leading critics. Only Metacritic.com uses METASCORES, which let you know at a glance how each item was reviewed.

A 78, that sure backs up my view of things rather than yours doesnt it?

Comment

Gamespot gave it a 6.5 which backs up what I said. What's your damn point? Here's my point, let's not derail this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by surgicalhorror View Post
                    Here's my point, let's not derail this thread.
                    Was it not that you that implied i was disagreeing "because it's you" then?

Comment

I'll say this one more time. Stop flamebaiting me and let's not derail this thread. I've said it already, your personal attacks are getting very tiresome. So are your games, you deliberately run after anything I say to flamebait me.

Comment

Originally posted by surgicalhorror View Post
                        let's not derail this thread
                        Twice you've said this now, even though it's YOU who derailed it in the first place. How do you not get how that works either?!

Ok, back on-topic now then?

Does anyone know if Brady/Prima/whoever are releasing a guide book for this game? I tend to pick up any lit i can find on the games or series' that i come back to and Origins will be no exception.

Comment

Sorry if this is a late two day reply, but Origins is worthy of an 8 atleast, Gamespot has been f-ing up lately, I mean, if Dementium got a higher rating (Which I've heard is very bad; but never played 'cause of being in UK), I'm sure Silent Hill Origins AT THE VERY LEAST deserves a 7.5, also, the game is very fun for it's replay value, it's up to par with Silent Hill 2, which is second best in my opinion, so, any reviews that state this game is bad, the people must be wack.

EDIT:
                          P.S: This game coming to PS2 is...controversial...well, I think thats the word lol.
                          It MIGHT come to PS2 due to sales, but might not due to it meaning the PSP has no good exclusives at ALL, which is not a very good thing, not even a Resident Evil is out for it, and SH0 could erm...the word...make them make an Resident Evil on PSP, but if It gets on PS2, what would be the point? No SH exclusive, no RE exclusive, no good PSP games.
                          Last edited by Gradon; 12-24-2007, 07:01 AM.

Comment

People thought the GTA exclusive would save the PSP. It didn't, and it got ported.

Comment

Looking at current worldwide sales of the PSP particularly Japan, while not neck to neck with the DS, it's doing very well.

Not my cup of tea, but it's selling. Though it's basically a console on the go, and a multimedia hub.

Comment

Considering it's a prequel, oh you bet I'm getting this! Good thing I didn't buy a psp..

Comment

Working...
                                X