No announcement yet.

Silent Hill Origins coming to the PS2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty funny how Silent Hill 3/4 were some of the best looking, if not thee best looking games on the Playstation 2,
    silent hill 3 is imo still one of the best looking games of the entire last generation.

Just interesting to see the Playstation hit its peak with graphics at about 2004 or 2005
    FFXII 2006 (december), GOWII 2007 :p

just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
      FFXII 2006 (december), GOWII 2007 :p

just saying.
      I mentioned GoWII in my post But yeah, Final Fantasy is another good one, as well as some other stuff like Devil May Cry 3, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shdow of the Colossus, Yakuza ect, but in general, Silent Hill 3 (and to a point, Silent Hill 4) were some of the first games to really peak in terms of graphics, and only a handful of games were able to match or go beyond this in the 4 or so years since. Team Silent really knew the Playstation 2. It's a pity they're not working on projects together anymore.

Comment

konami in general imo were the top dogs with the ps2, just 1 year into it they released MGS2 that can still hold against most (wii) titles.
        Last edited by A-J; 02-04-2008, 12:58 PM.

Comment

BTW. Is Team Silent working on anything now?

Comment

Nope.
            Origins = Climax.
            5 = Some new people.

New Installment = Team Silent?

I don't know, but I don't think so.

Comment

Team Silent doesn't exist anymore, hasn't existed in it's original form since Silent Hill 2. Most of the members were moved to other projects within Konami or left after Silent Hill 2, some got to work on Silent Hill 4 though. But yeah, they've all been merged into different areas of Konami, for which reason makes me hate Metal Gear Solid 4.

Comment

I don't think it looks THAT bad. It's a psp port after all and they were never going to polish the whole game up for ps2. It still looks very playable to me and I'll be getting it. I wouldn't care if it was just a straight port because I don't have a psp, so I'm just glad that I can get it and play it. But then, I still occasionally play ps1 games so graphics aren't everything. I find that after 10mins I kinda just adjust to the graphical standard of whatever I'm playing...

As for the downgrading of ps2 standards over the last few years. It might be a trend but with SO many 100s/1000s of games, good and bad, I'm not really sure.
                I agree with randomwab's exceptions and also would include Burnout3 & Revenge, Black, Test Drive Unlimited, Fatal Frame 3, Haunting Ground and I'm sure there'd be others if I thought about it more.
                Yes, there's plenty of crappy games and ports but the ps2 has done pretty damn good, even in it's twilight years and has had an amazing lifespan and service of good games (8 years and counting...)

Comment

and we've got another god of war (port) to look forward to in december :p

yes, mark my words.

Comment

Looks ok to me, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by chrism3784 View Post

i don't think it could be worse, those ghraphics are pretty sh*ty. i hope they "make it up", even just a little!!

Comment

Originally posted by chrism3784 View Post
                        You're right, it could be worse. I just hope they have a widescreen option (seems likely as that was the native resolution the game was built upon) and will have a nice sharp image. The game had some pretty fantastic Anti-Aliasing on the PSP at the cost of some graphics, compared to something like Crisis Core which has excellent graphics but horrible aliasing, sp I hope they use the extra PS2 power to give a constant sharp image.

Comment

She looks like a man wtf
                          If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

thats because its a MAN .. man !

Comment

WTF???? o.O

Comment

i assume you haven't seen austin powers ?

Comment

Working...
                                X