No announcement yet.

MOVED BACK TO 2009?! WTF!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's just hope Konami has some of that Euro love from the PS2 days going.

'cause then, maybe the game actually might be worth a spin.

Besides, it wouldn't be a good time to release it now anyway...
    I mean, these are just SOME of the titles within the 14 day-ish time frame right now (jumping forward/backward):

Golden Axe: Beast Rider
    Dead Space
    Saints Row 2
    Fable II
    Fallout 3
    Disaster: Day of Crisis
    Far Cry 2
    BioShock (PS3)
    Eternal Sonata (PS3)
    Valkyria Chronicles
    Guitar Hero World Tour
    Little Big Planet
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Probably the biggest franchises Konami has in Europe.)
    Quantum of Solace
    Legendary

Yeah... You get the point. More than enough stuff to make sure that Homecoming would drown.
    Last edited by Carnivol; 10-21-2008, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Hmm, anallly violated once more. I remember when I was a teen and how Konami games always seemed to come out with some kinda bonus, like the MGS 2 DVD or the one you get in Silent Hill 2. Hopefully they'll do that again here so my ass doesn't feel quite so sore.

Comment

Sorry guys.

Comment

...Dot? You work for Konami AND ordered the delay!? I always wondered how you could buy those expensive things!

Otherwise, no need to appologise. Not your fault.

Comment

February 2009 - Silent Hill Homecoming
            March 2009 - Resident Evil 5

Bad move Konami... bad move...
            *sigh*
            is the 360 version codefree?
            maybe I'll import it from amazon.com if that's possible...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Green View Post
              is the 360 version codefree?
              Originally posted by rewak View Post
              both the 360 US and Asian versions are region locked
              Read

I was talking about this with a friend last night and he informed me another game he has been waiting for is getting shafted on a UK release, Tales Of Vesperia. You guys have it now, we have some promise of a Spring 2009 release, and it too is region locked. What is the point of giving developers the option to lock the games? You know they are gonna do it if the option is there!
              Last edited by rewak; 10-22-2008, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Dot done it just to antagonize Gradon

Comment

Read
                  Sorry i did overlook that in my hassle -_-'

Okay then.. that means no Silent Hill Homecoming for me (us)
                  Last edited by Scott Green; 10-22-2008, 07:30 AM.

Comment

What is the point of giving developers the option to lock the games? You know they are gonna do it if the option is there!
                    'cause it's the Publisher that region locks it, not the developer.
                    And sometimes, the publisher isn't the same for all regions.
                    Thus region locking is the only way for you to ensure that you're not somehow turning off someone from possibly paying you to get the rights to localize and publish said title in another region.
                    So by having no region lock, anyone who actually cares is gonna import early (if there is a split moment of time between releases in different regions). Then you have a publisher in that region who doesn't feel the title is worth the trouble of localizing, as already the sales are gonna be lower than preferred. And getting "new buyers" is gonna require more effort than its worth. Then both owner of the title and the publishers are losing out on a perfectly good deal they both could've benefit from + the fanbase would've benefit from too, as it'd allow for the title(s) to be done in a multitude of languages to reach out to those who "may not" be as fluent in the original language as the early adopters "may (or may not)" be (or maybe just doesn't like to play their games in any other language than their mother tongue).

Though, I do agree that region locking is a bit of a wonky thing in this day and age. Companies should be a bit more aggressive on their world wide planning + making deals early (Although, making a deal for a planned release date early can be a fatal mistake if a delay shows up. Then you really don't want to be the one to blame.)

Comment

So I got my game today. I ordered from Playasia and had the choice of the US or Asian versions (PS3). The Asian version (slightly cheaper) was back ordered, so I just chose the US version. But I've received the French version!
                      The back of the box and the manual are in English and French and the game is rated "Mature 17+ Jeunes Adultes". I ordered from Playasia because I'm REALLY opposed to censorship. I presume (and hope) this is uncensored, as the European and Australian censored versions are not out yet. Can anyone confirm this?

Anyway I just had a quick play, to make sure that the in game text was in English and it is. However, first impressions arn't that great. The graphics are quite nice but I found the camera a bit annoying. But here's the BIG THING:
                      I had only been playing a short time, when I got attacked by giant flies. My health was getting low and I could see I was gonna die but I didn't care, because it was just a test play. Then when my health ran out, instead of dieing, the screen froze! Pressing the PS button did nothing and I had to hold down the power button on the console for 5 seconds to switch off the console. I was not impressed!!!

I'm gonna play it later tonight. It looks like it might be an okay game but geez, talk about a bad first impression.

Anyone else had problems with the game freezing?

Comment

I think I have the same version as you, I imported mine some time last month (I'm in UK).

On the back of the box it says "Evil welcomes you back home" with some english under it, then under that "Le Mal Vous Accueille A La maison". Has the other stuff you mentioned also.

I've played through the game 3 times now and it has never froze, can probably put what you experienced down to bad luck.

To anyone else with a PS3 - the feb delay was originally just for germany to edit some violence out, now that all Europe get the delay I cannot help but feel all Europe will get the edited version too, so I suggest importing.
                        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Yep, that's the same version.
                          I've been told by another source, that it is uncensored.

The game hasn't frozen on me again (yet) so yeah, I was probably just unlucky. But I havn't had much time to progress much.

You've played through it 3 times? I guess you must like it!
                          The last SH I played through was Origins on PS2. I enjoyed it, but I wasn't in a hurry to play through it again. Even though you unlock those really cool gladiator style gloves, to smash things with.
                          Origins was a bit buggy as well. In the final section (that sort of nightmare level) I couldn't pause the game to bring up the inventory. If I did, the game would freeze, every... single... time. Instead, I had to change weapons in real time, using the D-pad (or whatever it was). By that stage I had accumulated so much ammo and weapons that it wasn't a problem (it was a pretty easy game).

Comment

Originally posted by Skunky View Post
                            So I got my game today. I ordered from Playasia and had the choice of the US or Asian versions (PS3). The Asian version (slightly cheaper) was back ordered, so I just chose the US version. But I've received the French version!
                            Maybe it's the Canadian version? French is the second language of Canada.
                            I just wonder if there are French versions about when the game isn't out in Europe?
                            If my guess is correct, and the game is Canadian, I don't think it will be the censored version.
                            sigpic

Comment

instead of a new topic i thort id ask.

is origins worth getting at all on the PS2?

after the film, i really got into SH and the storyline with the order and everything. My interest has sinced wained however, and im not sure especially seeing as origins didnt score too well for the PS2.
                              and with money tight, i want to feel that ive invested rather than purchased if u get my understanding.

so is it worth buying at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Neptune View Post
                                instead of a new topic i thort id ask.

is origins worth getting at all on the PS2?

after the film, i really got into SH and the storyline with the order and everything. My interest has sinced wained however, and im not sure especially seeing as origins didnt score too well for the PS2.
                                and with money tight, i want to feel that ive invested rather than purchased if u get my understanding.

so is it worth buying at all?
                                Umm... You'd be better off getting it for the PSP. But if you don't have one, PS2 is a decent alternative, just don't expect the graphics to be as good as 2, 3 or 4. But Origins itself is a good SH game, I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X