No announcement yet.

MOVED BACK TO 2009?! WTF!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^I'll agree with you here. Origins is a great SH game, so give it a try Neptune.
    "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Heck it brought Silent Hill back where it belongs... IN Silent Hill. I'm really glad I was able to explore those foggy streets again, like the good ol' days of SH1 and 2.

Comment

Hey, I had a problem with silent hill origins, first of all: wenever I reloaded a fire arm in the inventory, the picture would transform in the gun or watever nex to it.
        The other thing isn't a problem, but the thing is, I didn't recognice the map, the city, do you play in that area in SH (1) or is it new? I KNOW you don't play in it in SH2 or 3.

Comment

Umm... I'm not sure what you're talking about. A glitch? I didn't notice anything like that.

Yeah, the map covers a part of the area from SH1, but moreso expands on the overall area. But yeah, places like Alchemila Hospital, and that part of the town were in SH1.

Here:

SH1:

Origins:

The bottom of the SH1 map is the top of the Origins map.

Comment

Thanks! Didn't know that, and were would the SH2/3 map go in?
            And yes, it was a glich, I think it's my CDE, since I've been serching through the net and noone else has had my glich, I'll call it: Juakins Glich

Comment

Well, it connects to the SH1 map again:

SH1:

SH2/3:
              Last edited by Biohazard EX; 11-22-2008, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Wait, Origins has another mental hospital? Alright, I gotta start wondering...how many loony bins does one demonically controlled town need?

...that's a stupid question, isn't it?

Still, I'm really starting to contemplate buying an American copy for the PS3 and getting it shipped. I just need to find Origins for the PS2, but it's been arse akward finding a UK copy of it in the shops.

Comment

Well, from what I've seen, Brookhaven Hospital doubles as a medical and mental hospital. So we got Alchemila which was purely medical and Cedar Grove which was purely loony. Which makes sense, since they're in a relatively same neighborhood. Whereas Brookhaven was way the hell on the other side of the lake.

Comment

I could have sort of understand that, in larger town. But I seem to recall Silent Hill's population numbers in the thousands, maybe tends of thousands. They had two three or four floor (which was always a little off, for me) medical facilities. My old town, which had a population of about 32,000, had a single doctors office with enough room for five doctors. No EMT facilities, but I can see why they'd need those, and more large scale treatment areas.

Still, it's kinda surprising they need Brookhaven at all. It really isn't that far from the other parts of town, and the fact they needed it subtly hints that the place was having some issues even before having Sammael awakened. Assuming the town itself is anyway involved and the Silent Hill we see isn't entirely the creation of either the protaganist, Sammael or Alessa, forming a corrupt mirror to a real town that's chugging along fairly normally.

Comment

Well, it's possible that towns like South Ashfield don't have a mental facility. Silent Hill might serve as mental institution for people from other cities.
                      Origins spoiler: Spoiler:

Comment

Maybe it's the Canadian version? French is the second language of Canada.
                        I just wonder if there are French versions about when the game isn't out in Europe?
                        If my guess is correct, and the game is Canadian, I don't think it will be the censored version.
                        Ah, you're a wise man Gene. I didn't think of that... Yes, it is probably Canadian.
                        is origins worth getting at all on the PS2?
                        I think so. Especially if you can find it cheap for $20-$30. I finished it in 3 or 4 days but only because I was really enjoying it. It depends on your expectations. I went in not really expecting it to be that great but I was pleasantly surprised. It's not amazing or brilliant but I'd say it's a good little game. I agree with others who say it's like playing the old games. I felt it was a throw back to the good old days of survivor horror. There's nothing too fancy about it, just old school, simple game play. It has some nice FMVs and the whole game is in widescreen, so it looks quite nice on a HDTV.
                        If you're a fan of the series and a fan of the old style of survival horror, then you should definitely grab it.
                        Hey, I had a problem with silent hill origins, first of all: wenever I reloaded a fire arm in the inventory, the picture would transform in the gun or watever nex to it.
                        Yeah, my game had the same glitch. The little pictures of the weapons in the inventory, often didn't match up with what it was supposed to be. But it wasn't really problem and it didn't effect my enjoyment of the game.

Comment

Of course, if you own a PSP, Origins is virtually the only Survival Horror game ON the PSP period. Unless you count Manhunt 2. And for a PSP game, it's got production quality coming out of every orifice. For a handheld, it's an excellent Survival Horror title.

Comment

Working...
                          X