No announcement yet.

This is how Atari in Australia...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be pretty cool if it was the worldwide release date for both games. Double the fun. I think I would play RE5 first though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
      Well Atari's got the date wrong on it's own website then:

The local version of the game (not the imported uncut edition) is slated for a 12th/13th release here in NZ too (Thursday is traditionally release day in NZ, which is why). Stores should receive their shipments by the 12th and all out on shelves no later than Friday the 13th.
      No need to be hostile. My supplier just says the 19th. THQ have none of the Capcom titles in their catalogue either - our local publisher websites are always out of date or at least not 100% up to date.

Comment

Hostile? Sorry if you inferred it that way, just stating where I'd confirmed the AU release date from before putting up the post.

Comment

Hey "James" whats with the name change?

Comment

This game is gonna bomb big time...nice going Konami.

Comment

This reminds me of last summer when The Dark Knight came out in theaters. When I went to see it opening night, I saw the Now Playing sign and just couldn't believe any other movie was stupid enough to use the same release date. The following Monday I really got a kick out of the box office numbers for those poor unfortunate movies.

Regarding this game though, aside from marketing it to those who wont be playing RE5 due to their opinion of it not being "survival horror", who the hell else would buy it? Are you really just getting the game now? I recall SH:H coming out a while back for us, I havent played it because I heard such bad things about it.

Comment

I remember someone shouting out "Oh no, this isn't Mamma Mia!?" when the Dark Knight started. Everybody laughed.

This country...

Comment

Originally posted by Darinl1979 View Post
                  Regarding this game though, aside from marketing it to those who wont be playing RE5 due to their opinion of it not being "survival horror", who the hell else would buy it? Are you really just getting the game now? I recall SH:H coming out a while back for us, I havent played it because I heard such bad things about it.
                  Yup, US version released a long time ago. No idea why Europe got the delay shaft entirely, but Australia got a longer delay because of classification issues in the country (there is no rating level covering higher than M/MA15+ in Australia for videogames).

Comment

I wouldn't be suprised if Europe gets the same version as Australia, just so they only had to put out one PAL version. Either way, I forgot that this is coming out in the UK this week, so I'll most likely be grabbing it.

Comment

Originally posted by randomwab View Post
                      I wouldn't be suprised if Europe gets the same version as Australia, just so they only had to put out one PAL version. Either way, I forgot that this is coming out in the UK this week, so I'll most likely be grabbing it.
                      That's what I was thinking - why else delay the game for so long for a European release?

Comment

They better not have. My schedule is too full for that kind of killing spree.

Comment

Well it looks like SH5 is out in the UK now, though last time I checked I thought both were released the same day.

Well which to choose, Silent Hill or Resident Evil. Last time I had this choice it was Outbreak vs 4. And I went with SH4, and was dissapointed in a similar way as I was with RE4 .

Off to the shops to buy a disappointing game!

I hope it isn't censored. I can kind of understand SH1's Babies with knives censor but blantant censoring for an 18 game is stupid. Though Some things do need censoring sometimes. Shame on all those parents who do not follow the age guidelines then complain about the game. God, if I bought my children an 18 game, I wouldn't expect it to be full of Pandas hugging each other.

Here's hoping the UK one isn't too bad.

Comment

As a father who has small children...they must never see this game. Me? I want the uncensored version. But hey, I'm one of those crazy assholes who, you know, doesn't use computers and TV to keep my kids happy.

Comment

Err I'm not happy with it at all. Silent Hill 5 feels like a paint by numbers. Fair enough that Silent Hill needs to use the primary colours of bleak, rundown, dark, and good ol hell version but this game borrows too heavily from 1, 2 and the movie. That, the dodge/counterattack, ammunition and the sodding glitches. 10 extra rounds for the pistol that holds 5, shotty 3/6, really bugged me.

I was unloading the shotty at a few nurses heads, started reloading and decided to switch to the good ol fire axe to pummel them. Instead the game de-equiped me of any weapon and wouldn't let me equip a weapon again. Small Room, 3 nurses and no ability to attack, pissed me off to no end. What was I supposed to do? unzip and flail my tackle at them? Why can't alex do the old fisticuffs? The second glitch that pissed me off is in this spoiler.

Spoiler:

Comment

Game is quite bad, story wise.
                                Spoiler:

There are WAY too many movie elements in it, way too many.
                                And why does it take me 20 Axe hits to kill a fucking Nurse?

Comment

Working...
                                X