No announcement yet.

This is how Atari in Australia...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And why does it take me 20 Axe hits to kill a fucking Nurse?
    Lol. I'm playing on hard and all I do is hard it with the axe 2/3 times as they get close (the old res evil knife tactic I used) and then I can decapitate them with a finisher. Siams and schizms piss me off, needlers and ferals have their days where they are more cheeky.

I am having a hard time actually turning on my Xbox to play the game again.

Spoiler:

I thought Origins was fun though borrowed a bit too much from Silent Hill 2. To be honest unless a miracle happens, either I take on the next silent hill project or Team Silent returns like a phoenix, I wish they just leave the series dead.

When I started playing it I thought I'd give these chappies a chance, wasn't expecting a miracle game from them but what I feel like when playing it is that its the ark of the covenant.

Don't look at it.

Don't acknowledge its there.

Hopefully it'll go away.

I have never not finished a Silent Hill game. This may be the exception.

Comment

It's quite a chore playing it, like, what?
      Silent Hill's don't usually have this; I got all three endings in Origins coherrently and played 3, 3 times in a row.
      I just feel let down...

I honestly don't feel extra-ordinary with SH:H, it doesn't feel right, I KNEW that Spoiler:
      would have no purpose! He was just there to be cool, yknow?
      He's getting whored in every continuation it's beyond unreal, he's been mentioned/cameo'd in every game after 2.

Oh, and don't get me started on the framerate issue, it's unreal, slowing down when there was nothing there?!
      Seems they never even fixed up the glitches from the USA release, typical laziness, and was there even a multi-lingual selection? I don't even recall seeing one.

Comment

Pyramid Head, well I feel, could transcend Silent Hill 2 if there is adequate reason. I felt there wasn't.

No multi language, I noticed the slow down for absolutely no reason what so ever as well, and the combat ready seems to get stuck and not allow you to either exit combat stance to say run away or let you shuffle/attack (though dodging an enemies attack or getting hit cures this).

I finished it this evening just to get it out the way.

Spoiler:

I found the majority of bosses a hell of a lot easier on hard then the general cannon fodder of the game.

Even the extras felt pointless. I know Silent Hill 1 and 2 didn't have many but Homecoming just lacks replayability. The Circular saw isn't that great, wheres the good ol chainsaw? The story does not compell me to play again, the extras do not compell me to play. I'll be trading in this mistake soon. Back to magicland dizzy, that never dissapoints.

If anyone out there is still considering playing this, go play 1~4 or origins again until you find this abomination in a bargin bin, or even better someone willing to pay you to take it from them. At least Climax's attempt at Origins kept a Silent Hill esq feel to it, you knew it wasn't team silents handy work but it wasn't, for a better word, shit. Homecomming tries to go the way Resident Evil went but fails every step and turn. Only the penetant man shall pass and Double Helix marched across with hop skip and a jump.

It feels like, for lack of a better analogy, Double Helix took Team Silents barrel of apples and started scraping the last few out and reusing some of the rotting cores of previously devoured apples instead of refilling the barrel up.

I really wish I had the ability to wipe the games existance from my memory and put a cap there too stopping me from ever registering Silent Hill 5's existance, even better if I could wipe it clean off the face of planet earth. No wonder it took so long to export this shambles. I just pray Japan is saved from this monstrousity.

Well after that depressing display, there is no where else to go but up with Resident Evil 5. I've now jinxed it.
        Last edited by Enrico Marini; 03-03-2009, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
          I'm one of those crazy assholes who, you know, doesn't use computers and TV to keep my kids happy.
          Good on you sir. Sadly part of a dieing breed it seems.

And the jokes on Atari now, because RE5 is coming on Thursday the 12th.
          That's what they get for suggesting to release a game on a pseudo-recognised date which no one really gives a toss about. They could have put it out weeks ago.
          Jokes on them 2x, because I imported a copy (for my brother) late last year. Take that Australian games industry!
          sigpic

Comment

Enrico's thoughts summed up this game pretty nicely.
            It just took a route it should have never taken.
            I'm sorry, but this rumoured SH remake will be the last Silent Hill in my honest opinion.
            Origins was looking out for a good restart since 4 let many people down, but Homecoming has butchered it in favour for Casual Gamers action and mediocore plots that they don't really care enough about to be explained.
            And about Homecoming in Australia, what the hell are they thinking? Are they trying to kill the only sales they'll get?
            Last edited by Gradon; 03-04-2009, 04:33 PM.

Comment

For some reason I never really though Silent Hill had a huge fanbase in Australia. I could be wrong though, because there are a lot of people interested in the game where I work.

That COULD just be a side effect of the moving becoming a little more public though.

Comment

What the deuce?!?!

We have heaps of copies of the PS3 version, but no 360 versions till next month. One must wonder what Atari is doing =/

Comment

maybe they like PS3 users more then xbots.

Comment

Maybe there batch of the 360 version was stolen by pirates. Yargh. Or maybe they're just smoking the crack pipe a little too much these days.

Comment

Well ain't that just perfect? Yeah nice going konami!!

Comment

Originally posted by hellrizer View Post
                        Yeah nice going konami!!

Konami aren't the ones responsible.

Comment

I'm still interested to know what got changed for the AU edition. I remember earlier reports talked about camera angles and some particular things, but I'd be interested to know if thats all. The versions which arrived in all retail here in NZ are the UK version (they have the BBFC 18 on the spine and disc). The game was awarded an R18 over here too not surprisingly based on that fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                            I'm still interested to know what got changed for the AU edition. I remember earlier reports talked about camera angles and some particular things, but I'd be interested to know if thats all. The versions which arrived in all retail here in NZ are the UK version (they have the BBFC 18 on the spine and disc). The game was awarded an R18 over here too not surprisingly based on that fact.
                            I know huh?

Comment

Originally posted by hellrizer View Post
                              I know huh?
                              What?

For what it's worth Rob, I'll be picking up the 360 version once it finally releases locally over here. Having played the original uncut PS3 release I hope I can spy some differences =P

Comment

Originally posted by adamb1029 View Post
                                xbots.
                                Please don't use this term...*hates console wars*

Comment

Working...
                                X