No announcement yet.

Silent Hill: Shattered dreams announced for wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This looks more like Fahrenheit than Silent Hill. Don't know if want. And what the fuck's with the ice? I mean, Alessa was burned, not frozen. What the fuuuuuuuuuck.

Comment

It snowed in the original too...it just never stuck to the ground lol

I think it gives it the "Stephen King-y" look they were going for. Hopefully it doesn't give us shattered memories =D

Comment

Saying that's it not a joke before you even start? I'm just going to go ahead and call it now: this is a fake. Or at least I hope it is, because the whole thing looks terrible to me. The front cover looks like a photoshopped Alone in the dark image or something.. and the gameplay looks like it steals assets from Indigo Prophecy. Also, since when did Harry hold his flashlight as opposed to having it on his jacket? Wouldn't that interfere with gameplay? Harry wears glasses? (And don't get me started on the half shown pages, non-blonde cybil, changes that seem hilarious, etc. Where's the supposed text, huh?) I mean don't get me wrong, I'm not opposed to the idea of a remake, and I do think that one is coming... but THIS honestly looks like an elaborate april fools joke to me, especially what with the locked doors comment. If this turns out to be real I'll uh... cut my own head off with a chainsaw. ; P Either that or be very, very angry with the direction silent hill has gone. (I'm already getting there)

Also: I believe Tom Hulett works for double helix. Isn't the remake supposed to be Climax-developed? I'm not saying that it isn't possible that this is real, but from what I've seen so far, I really do have to say fake.
        Last edited by XRebirthX; 04-01-2009, 05:39 PM.

Comment

No, according to MobyGames Tomm Hulett currently works at Konami Digital Entertainment; he was an Associate Producer in SH: Origins.

Comment

If this is real......someone hold me : /

Comment

If it's true, which i doubt right now, then it's a complete waste of time. Not just because it's on the Wii, although that is a large part of it, but just look at it, does that look like Silent Hill to you? No, it doesn't.

“Longtime fans of the series will also be delighted to learn that there’s a way through every locked door; no more checking dozens of entrances only to find that 90% of them are permanently barred shut.”

Does that sound like Silent Hill to you? No, it doesn't. Bye bye sense of being trapped and isolated, bye bye Silent Hill, you've been fed to the dogs, and not even the cool scary skinless dogs from SH1-3, just regular dogs.
              This.

Funny thing is, I get more of that classic Silent Hill vibe more from watching trailers for the upcoming Alan Wake, than any of the recent SH offerings have done for me.
              Last edited by Henry Spencer; 04-01-2009, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
                No, according to MobyGames Tomm Hulett currently works at Konami Digital Entertainment; he was an Associate Producer in SH: Origins.
                Oh, thanks for that. He worked on both Silent Hill Homecoming and Origins? I only knew about homecoming. Damn, I guess this might be real after all. Sigh. (I still secretly hope this turns out to be fake. heh)

Comment

Upon reading more information, I'm actually somewhat hopeful for this title now. The fleeing sounds smart, it's something that the series needed (if done right, of course), and reimagining is the only way to touch the first Silent Hill. That is, as long as they keep it far enough from the first that it's its own game.

Comment

Originally posted by rewak View Post
                    “Longtime fans of the series will also be delighted to learn that there’s a way through every locked door; no more checking dozens of entrances only to find that 90% of them are permanently barred shut.”
                    Does that sound like Silent Hill to you? No, it doesn't. Bye bye sense of being trapped and isolated, bye bye Silent Hill, you've been fed to the dogs, and not even the cool scary skinless dogs from SH1-3, just regular dogs.
                    Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
                    Lots of reviews bashed Homecoming for its "locked" or "jammed" doors so I wouldn't be surprised if the next SH game won't have those.
                    Reviewers didn't like the locked/jammed doors?
                    They were your best friends in Silent Hill 1! Nothing was better than knowing that you'd never have to worry about what horrors may be inside of that room.

Though, depending on what they mean by "way through". Doesn't necessarily mean that the doors are open. You probably have to go through some trouble to get through some of them. Seeing that they're stripping down combat and having encounters and stuff, opening new locations is not only a good thing, but it might also add to the replay value of things.

To me, it sounds like they've taken the defenseless Harry from the intro of Silent Hill 1, and Silent Hill 3, and put back to where we started while adding some sort of timeframe (Dead Rising's Main Scoop vs Survivors, just with a few more random factors involved).

What I'm interested in knowing is how they'll evt. do boss encounters (if they still exist), if you'll just be escaping (Nemesis, T-rex in Dino Crisis, etc...), if it'll be a QTE fest, or if they'll go for contextual gameplay alterations (Like Disaster Report/SOS's fantastic helicopter boss fight)

And like randomwab says, doing it as a reimagining instead of a straight up remake/port is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by randomwab View Post
                      This looks more like Fahrenheit than Silent Hill. Don't know if want. And what the fuck's with the ice? I mean, Alessa was burned, not frozen. What the fuuuuuuuuuck.
                      The original game dictated that the stuff falling from the sky was snow... because it was a point that it was snowing off season. So they've gone with that original point. Silent Hill limited it to a light dusting of snow and frosty-icy grass (which crunches underfoot).

In the movie it was changed to ash from the fire under the city.

And every other title in the series has dropped the weather and just included the mist/fog.
                      Last edited by Rombie; 04-01-2009, 07:12 PM.

Comment

It does look a bit real I guess, but I'm still calling it's bluff because of it so "conviently" showing up with pics on April Fool's day lol.
                        "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                        Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Originally posted by XRebirthX View Post
                          Saying that's it not a joke before you even start? I'm just going to go ahead and call it now: this is a fake. Or at least I hope it is, because the whole thing looks terrible to me. The front cover looks like a photoshopped Alone in the dark image or something.. and the gameplay looks like it steals assets from Indigo Prophecy. Also, since when did Harry hold his flashlight as opposed to having it on his jacket? Wouldn't that interfere with gameplay? Harry wears glasses? (And don't get me started on the half shown pages, non-blonde cybil, changes that seem hilarious, etc. Where's the supposed text, huh?) I mean don't get me wrong, I'm not opposed to the idea of a remake, and I do think that one is coming... but THIS honestly looks like an elaborate april fools joke to me, especially what with the locked doors comment. If this turns out to be real I'll uh... cut my own head off with a chainsaw. ; P Either that or be very, very angry with the direction silent hill has gone. (I'm already getting there)

Also: I believe Tom Hulett works for double helix. Isn't the remake supposed to be Climax-developed? I'm not saying that it isn't possible that this is real, but from what I've seen so far, I really do have to say fake.
                          I think you should calm down. Its not a remake as they said. Its a different interpretation of Silent Hill 1. Silent Hill and Shattered Dreams is similar to the relationship between Tim Burton's Batman and Nolan's Batman Begins. They might change stuffs, but I doubt the new additions will contradict the sequels at all.
                          Last edited by xfactor; 04-02-2009, 01:04 AM.

Comment

X-Factor - Having just read the full article scan, I can already tell you the story is entirely different and completely contradicts just about every element.

Spoiler:
                            Last edited by Rombie; 04-02-2009, 01:18 AM.

Comment

What was the constant demand when going for a remake? Oh yes. Keep the fucking story the same, you morons!

I swear, I'm gritting my teeth and not trying to go hunt down some people. But the more I think on this the more interested I am in a necklace of dumb ass game developer ears. I could have some from each company that offends me, starting with Konami and...Climax, is it?

I expect this is going to be very similar to Forbidden Siren and the Siren remake. Which means more Americanized (not automatically a bad thing unless set in rural Japan) and graphical and technical superiority. And also an extremely simplified story. And much, much shorter and easier than the origional.

Meh. Maybe the death threats will get through to them.

Comment

some more details from GAF, the guy who posted these says its from the same magazine.

-You steer Harry with the control stick

-The Wii Remote is used to aim the flashlight "This is one of the things we dreamed about when the Wii controller was first unveiled, and it's every bit as effective as we imagined."

-The developer wants the game to be as immersive as possible. "When you want to check on something in the environment, for example, you simply fix your view on it rather than press a button, and instead of text appearing on screen, Harry comments vocally." (MARl0 note: This sounds really awesome!)

-Streaming environments that completely eliminate load times

-The static noise comes out of the Wii Remote now. It also acts as your cell phone. "Just as we're starting to feel sufficiently uncomfortable, the Wii Remote rings and nearly scares us out of our seats." "There's no response when we answer this particular call, so we hang up and try the first thing that comes to mind: dial 911. An emergency dispatcher actually picks up, her voice emanating from the Wii Remote speaker, but she can't hear Harry and eventually hangs up. Looks like we're on our own."

-Combat has been completely removed from the game. "Instead, you have no choice but to flee, which proves considerably more terrifying."

-Once the monsters see you, the chase is on. "Holding Z button makes Harry get the lead out, and during the getaway, you can barge through doors, climb over fences, jump through windows, and so on. You can even barricade doors behind you with a bookshelf or whatever else might be handy. The static gets louder as the monsters close in, and while Harry is running, you can look back over his shoulder. Watching these abominations leap over cars and crawl along the rooftops as they relentlessly pursue our hero had us on the edge of our seats." "To be clear, these chase sequences aren't quick-time events; you have full control over Harry and can choose whichever path you see fit to his destination." "The monsters will take alternate routes to try to cut you off, and they'll use their numbers to flank you whenever possible."

- "Shattered Memories is about as far removed from a typical remake as you can imagine. It takes inspiration from the original as the foundation for something that feels like a true evolution of the series."

Comment

Working...
                                X