TGS 2011: Silent Hill: Downpour Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGS 2011: Silent Hill: Downpour Trailer

I was hoping to hear more of Daniel Licht's soundtrack, but get.. Korn music instead.. Man, the only good news to come out of this year's TGS is confirmation of Ni No Kuni coming to the USA.

Anyway, enjoy the new trailer.
    sigpic

Uhhh...OK...well. Korn? Really? OK, never mind.

It looks interesting. I get the feeling some parts of the story are gonna be set in the prison. Which is cool. And it looks chock full of story - of the video there's a tiny amount of gameplay, and it's three minutes long.

I admit, though...the town does not seem to be Silent Hill. I'm pretty sure I'd remember a giant hole that was actually meant to be there.

Comment

I thought it was Korn, but then I couldn't stand listening to it for that long without fear of smashing my head into my screen to stop the horrible crap it was.... who decided that was a good choice? Konami continues to further prove it has no clue in regards to what they want to do with this franchise.

Comment

Yeah, I was surprised to see the amount of prison scenes. I was under the impression that game starts with him escaping a wrecked prison bus. Those scenes must be flashbacks. I was hoping for gameplay, since all we've seen so far are pretty much cutscenes...

I want to be optimistic about the game, but with Team Silent disbanded, Homecoming and Origins being terrible, and Konami's handling of the SH collection, it's difficult. Very, very difficult.
        sigpic

Comment

There were gameplay vids shown at E3 I think it was, maybe something more recent. They were very dark and hard to see the game clearly but it looked somewhat like Alone in the Dark with the melee combat.

I get to try this out in about a week so I'll post my impressions then.
          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Oh, really? Must of missed those! Thanks!

Very cool. Looking forward to that!
            sigpic

Comment

Disgusting.
              See you in hell.

Comment

Korn in a SH game? Christ.
                sigpic

Comment

I like Korn, but never would have thought they'd work on a song for Silent Hill.

Comment

Silent Hill ended with Silent Hill 3. Wish they would just change the label by now but riding on established popularity is easier.
                    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

It was said a few weeks ago the Korn song is for the pre-title screen sequence and doesn't feature in game at all.
                      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

^ Point is it shouldn't appear on the disc AT ALL. It's as bad as when Ubisoft put that Godsmack song in Prince Of Persia WW.

I'm assuming that if the above statement is correct then this video we saw is that pre-title attract screen demo that plays then.

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                          It was said a few weeks ago the Korn song is for the pre-title screen sequence and doesn't feature in game at all.
                          I think it's even worse since all songs featured in the openings were great (or at least good) in previous SH titles: "Theme of Laura", "You're not here", "Room of angels", "One more soul to the call", "Shattered memories", "Shot by the fire".

Comment

this one has honestly redeemed my hope..

Comment

Watching the video now. Aside from a few bugs and the like I think it's shaping up nicely. Of course I have to remain skeptical, but frankly a song by Korn isn't enough to turn me away. Especially if it's only played before you push anything. Push start to skip it if you don't like the song, and experience what the game itself has to offer.

I'm happy to hear button prompts are optional. Resident Evil can go back to learning a thing or two about this. There's difficulty settings in the puzzle as well which is always a plus.

Comment

Working...
                              X