No announcement yet.

TGS 2011: Silent Hill: Downpour Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downpour just looks too much like Alan wake graphically as well as setting wise for my tastes.

I really miss the old fog and background style the first 3 games had, the graphics here look 100% western with no Japanese influence at all. Which is a real shame because I always though the Japanese influence on settings, background style, and monsters was a really unique aspect in the series.

Even SH:Homecoming still had a fair amount of the influence in it so that it did fit in graphically with the first few games.

Comment

they said Konami confirmed it, following the date changes on Amazon..

but the interview itself doesn't say anything at all about Q2 2012, or any date change at all.. in fact, it still lists Downpour as a 2011 release..

EDIT:

nevermind.. missed the update.. that's disappointing..
      Last edited by AchuA; 10-10-2011, 06:14 PM.
      stand upon thy feet, thou barren sun, whose face is as the dusk..

Comment

So, we still don't know when it's coming out?
        And by the way, why doesn't this game have a proper thread?

Comment

Just from the dodgy release schedule you can tell this game is gonna suck.
          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Bomba incoming.
            sigpic

Comment

Last I heard from Gamestop the game has been pushed back until March. Damn, I was so dissappointed, I had it on pre-order and everything. I'm sure the game itself will be okay, just gotta stay optimistic.

Comment

I miss Team Silent.

Comment

March 6th it is, let's hope it doesn't get pushed back further.

I must say, that I was very skeptical of this game when I first saw it and I figured it'd be more action-oriented and leaving the SH roots in terms of gameplay and style. BUT, the more I see, the more I realize that this game will be freaking awesome! In an interview (and gameplay footage) that I listened to yesterday they said it'd be about 70% puzzles and exploration and 30% combat, which quite frankly reminds me of the earlier SH titles. About 50 new weapons etc, melee mostly it seems(? not sure) that break after usage... More free world exploration and side quests rather than linear gameplay... Like I said, all this combined with a seemingly gripping and interesting story, makes me really anxious for this!

Looking forward to get to know you better, Murphy.

Comment

At this point there's very little to be excited for. This delay had hopefully given them the time to make the necessary tweaks to the game play and I hope they fixed a lot of the bugs that nearly ruined Homecoming for a lot of gamers.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
                      At this point there's very little to be excited for. This delay had hopefully given them the time to make the necessary tweaks to the game play and I hope they fixed a lot of the bugs that nearly ruined Homecoming for a lot of gamers.
                      What bugs? I've completed Homecoming a bunch of times and never found even one, that I can remember anyway.

I must applause the marketing for this game, not only are they releasing it within weeks of the HD collection meaning people will already be busy with that survival horror fill, they are releasing it the same month as Operation Raccoon City, even with ORC being a shooter when it comes to the RE name and zombies/monsters most people aren't gonna pay attention to SHD, not that many are anyway.

Comment

If you've played Homecoming chances are you will run into at least one bug. Honestly, you're the first person I've met that seems oblivious to the idea of bugs in Homecoming. I'd suggest checking out the Let's Play from Shesellssheshells as its thorough and covers which glitches and bugs the game has and what triggers them. Then again I've only played it on PS3 and currently PC (the let's play mainly covers the PS3 version). I cannot speak on behalf of XBox 360.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frVgH...9CC76A89D99C72

There have been demos on Downpour displayed and in them there were noticeable bugs happening. Particularly in pressing forward and in other cases the flashlight.

I hope the delay has taken time to take care of these.

On a side note, the HD collection has videos released, but there are tiny issues that make me wonder if the final build has taken care of them. In the SH3 HD preview Heather's flashlight is see through even when Heather has her back turned. You can see the placement of flashlight and it still shines through her. SH2 HD looks fine, but what was noticed was that when you go through rooms the loading screen quickly cuts to a freeze frame of the previous room you were in which is unusual. In both demos I noticed some slow down, but this might be from it being an earlier build.

Comment

I've only played PS3 version, in at least 6 playthroughs I cannot recall any bugs. In that video linked he says the bugs are mostly PC version.

Comment

There are still bugs in the PS3 version and continue with his play through. You'll see which, where and what triggers them.

I'm willing to bet you're a walking miracle to get through six playthroughs with no bugs whatsoever. That's some golden copy you have there.

Comment

Just throwing my experience here: SH Homecoming is really bugy, I played the 360 version and had some problems, but onlly once did I have to reset the game because of a bug. At the beginning of the game, when u have to unlock a door in a room full of nurses, well, after examining the door with a padlock I apeared floating in mid air...

Comment

So March is now Silent Hill month then?

HD collection on the 6th, Downpour a week later on the 13th, and Book Of Memories for the Vita on the 27th.

I'm not sure if releasing all of these at the same time is a smart idea, but what do I know.

New screens over at Kotaku plus the above info. At least the images show how clean and sharp all the texture work is, crazy how good it looks.

You won't be able to escape the scariest town in all of video games in a few short weeks. Konami's outed the release dates for the upcoming portable, remake and console iterations of their horror franchise and they're all within a few weeks of each other.

Comment

Working...
                                X