• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evil Dead (2013)

Not sure how long the teaser will be up:

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=26405

Anyone wanna share their thoughts?

Honestly, as much as I'm against remakes, this is one that I've been waiting for for a long, long time. A lot of "ED" fans are already judging it negatively even though the trailer is extremely short......but I think this might actually be a decent remake.

Great stuff BTW, this remake looks very promising indeed, but there is something very interesting in the trailer, the heroine's left arm has been horribly possessed by deadites and she tries to cut it off with a electronic knife similar to evil dead 2 which means there is a possibility that they won't remake the other two sequels and they are trying to get the best moments out of them and reinvent them smartly into this new remake !
    "Who's laughing now!"
    Last edited by Guest; 10-17-2012, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Maybe. The lack of everyone's favorite Chin makes me go 'eh' but I'll try giving it a chance.

Comment

First thought that ran through my head upon seeing this thread, was "If i see another damn remake i might go crazy" but to be fair it did look retty good, its obviously still a gore fest and seems to contain some of the best scenes from the original. However it does seem like they are trying for a more serious edge in this film which could be a problem, the best thing about the original is that it didnt take it self seriously. However it was only a short trailer and our first look at the film so i cant judge too harshly just yet. All in all though it looks like a kick ass film!

Comment

They shot it over here in NZ, have a couple of friends who worked on it. Said they're really ramping up the gore and frights in it which seemingly has come through in the trailer. As mentioned there is a lot of prejudgement going on.

Comment

I'm for the remake, I mean its not like this is a studio project. This was funded by Raimi, Campbell and Tapert and they also helped guide the project some while it was being written.

I liked what I saw in the trailer and cant help but wonder what surprises are in store for us.
            I love the Evil Dead series and am happy to see something new coming from it, even if the original ED filmmakers are making it themselves they're still there guiding the project and re-introducing their concept to a new generation.

Comment

It actually looked like it may be good.
              Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Looks suitably grotesque but I doubt it will have any personality
                Last edited by Code_R; 10-21-2012, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Whoa there, you cant say that, its against the law! The law of the internet, nothing to do with me.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	fawlty_towers-520x357.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	401839
                  You cant judge a movie on a teaser, you can judge a movie on a trailer, commercial, or 1 minute of footage leaked by the studio. Sorry, I don't make the rules, the internet does.
                  Last edited by Wrathborne; 10-21-2012, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Those are not the rules of the internet. Now excuse me I am going to watch Army of Darkness.

Comment

Originally posted by Code_R View Post
                      Those are not the rules of the internet.
                      ...Crap, you called my bluff.

Interview with writer/director Fede Alvarez

Some interesting little insights.
                      Last edited by Wrathborne; 10-23-2012, 07:59 PM.

Comment

ANd here is the official(red) trailer in high quality.

Still hard to get a vibe on the film because its so short, but its still looking pretty good.

Comment

Wow... so watching this.

Comment

I can honestly say, for the longest time, I've been meaning to see the original ones for a very long time, but just haven't gotten around to it - just a backlog of games, movies, work, and other things holding me back from doing so, but I can say that after seeing that trailer, it looks pretty damn INSANE!

For a while now, I've been at least reading up on the remake for a little while and I at least know that Sam Raimi and Bruce Cambell are totally behind it 100% and that fans of the original are going to love it

Comment

The trailer is pretty great. I'll see it opening day if the reviews are decent.

Comment

Working...
                              X