Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I kind of miss Dot50Cal!

He's known as John to some.

If he founded THIA, I think he should return. I got a message from him saying he never engages with anyone in the community any longer. Should we acknowledge him as one of the founding fathers of the RE community? He made this site, so we have a lot of credit to give him. Soon, there may be no decent RE boards left.

Peter, I'm not affiliated with "resident evil" or THIA any longer. Would you be so kind as to remove me from your contact list? I don't know of any of the problems you are experiencing as I haven't engaged you or anyone in the re community in several years now. I'm sorry to see that you are still being harassed but please understand that these emails are a form of harassment against me now.

He was a huge part of this site and I think most people acknowledge that. Dude's just not into the series anymore. At all.
    "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
    Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Sad to hear that he's no longer interested.
      sigpic

Comment

Can't say I blame him really... Series crapped out a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
          Can't say I blame him really... Series crapped out a long time ago.
          Yea. I'm basically still around by force of habit. That and enjoying the company of a few old friends.

The dark ages.

Be.

Dark.
          Last edited by REmaster; 03-26-2014, 10:07 PM.
          "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Comment

It's ironic how all those years ago when I wasn't accepted, RE was huge. Now I'm accepted to an extent on some forums, but RE is no longer "huge" or what one would call "popular" and all that. But yeah; I think everything changes which is too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by BSAA . Org View Post
              It's ironic how all those years ago when I wasn't accepted, RE was huge. Now I'm accepted to an extent on some forums, but RE is no longer "huge" or what one would call "popular" and all that. But yeah; I think everything changes which is too bad.
              So you're saying you were here before?

Comment

Yes. People know I was Grace Saunders, but I don't think anybody cares.

Except for Stu on Biohaze, that is.

Comment

I think the members on Biohaze are ignoring me, however. Only once in a blue moon does somebody reply to a post I've added, and I'd say my posts use a better writing style than 99.9% of the newbies on there that cannot actually spell.

For example, I posted a suggestion about bringing back the 'other horror games' sub-section, yet no-one cared. And why is that? Because they remember me!

I did however e-mail an apology to Dot50Cal.

Comment

Ah ok, had no clue lol. There was a lot more drama back then for sure, mostly because there were a lot more people. Anytime you have that many people on a board, personalities are gonna clash.

At least now, for the most part, this place is peaceful. Kinda like a cemetary. People stopping by every once in awhile to say their peace, security guards on the graveyard shift lol.

Anyways, welcome back.
                    Last edited by REmaster; 03-26-2014, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Maybe Dot50Cal created the THIA Virus and we're all really e-zombies.

Comment

Originally posted by BSAA . Org View Post
                        If he founded THIA, I think he should return.
                        Just to use this as a point, he wasn't the founder, unless he was pretending to be two people and I never had any clue. :p

On a more serious note most of the old webmasters no longer are online. And the ones who do mostly don't do it anymore either or have little to no interest in the franchise still. Why you would expect anything else is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post

At least now, for the most part, this place is peaceful. Kinda like a cemetary. People stopping by every once in awhile to say their peace, security guards on the graveyard shift lol.
                          lol that comparison made me laugh, i agree though. and i do miss john

Comment

It's not just the lack of time either. Work, stress and socializing always gets in the way these days. Not to mention that since the genre adopted more elements from action titles, horror games have been rather disappointing.

There's been a few times when I thought I should go play a game, but then I couldn't really be bothered. Now with YouTube, you can watch all the best bits as if it were edited together like a film, so unless you really want to play the whole series from beginning to where it landed up, there's no need when you can watch videos.

Comment

i read somewhere he sold all his nice RE collection, i didnt understand as i do now. And i am very tempted to sell my complete RE Gamecube games. I lost my love for the series since Capcom killed it.

the good times were in 2003 and must rest in peace, and we dont even have a decent hardware these days to run RE remake, zero, 1, 2, 3 and CVX(no, ps3 is not decent enough).

Comment

Working...
                              X