Recently Seen Films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Can Count on Me

Effective sibling drama starring Laura Linney and Mark Ruffalo. One of those little films that should be more recognized, it moves along smoothly and it has damn attractive characters. No pretensions, no awkward drama, comedic scenes that don't nudge you way too hard. Big recommendation.

Comment

• A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)

I really didn't find the film to be that bad, but not really that great either. I mean, it was a bit predictable at times, but honestly, these days what horror movie doesn't have a degree of anticipation about it. About 90% of the time, you know when the killer is going to pop out, you know who is the next to be killed...Basically, what I'm saying is I didn't find it too off from today's general horror genre. If you like the standard boo-ah! factor, then I don't think you'd be overly disappointed.

Also, I was never really into the old Freddy films, so I don't have too much a backdrop for comparison. If you're bored and want to see a new take on something old, then yeah, sure I would say give it a watch.

And his dream world oddly reminded me of parts of Silent Hill: Homecoming with the pipes and flamy goodness...

|AA|
      sigpic

Comment

• Iron Man 2.

Great sequel, lots of the same good stuff from the original. The cast was fantastic, a bunch of A-list actors all with very good performances. Downey is perfect for Tony Stark, he really is. Don Cheadle should've been Rhodey from the start...Terence Howard's a prima donna. Good new enemies. The hints toward the upcoming Avengers movie got stronger in this one, and it got me really excited. The scene after the credits was a great cliffhanger for next May.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
          Iron Man 2.

Great sequel, lots of the same good stuff from the original. The cast was fantastic, a bunch of A-list actors all with very good performances. Downey is perfect for Tony Stark, he really is. Don Cheadle should've been Rhodey from the start...Terence Howard's a prima donna. Good new enemies. The hints toward the upcoming Avengers movie got stronger in this one, and it got me really excited. The scene after the credits was a great cliffhanger for next May.
          I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Hammer...man, we can't get enough of him.

Seriously, 3 super heroes chatting and eating casually in a doughnut shop: is that not the greatest thing ever? Would do the '90s proud!

Comment

• Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
            You Can Count on Me
            Excellent choice.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BBboy20 View Post
              I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Hammer...man, we can't get enough of him.

Seriously, 3 super heroes chatting and eating casually in a doughnut shop: is that not the greatest thing ever? Would do the '90s proud!
              Yeah, Sam Rockwell was really awesome. He makes a very good villain for a pretty unassuming guy. And I agree, that scene in the doughnut shop was hilarious...but one of my few disappointments was Scarlett Jo's screen-time, and how she didn't speak with a Russian accent. I mean, how could you have a character named Natasha Romanoff and have her speak with a clean 'American' accent?
              Last edited by Vector; 05-07-2010, 02:18 PM.

Comment

• I suppose she could have had a Russian accent when she was being Black Widow.

Happy Hogan needs to ante up his game if he doesn't want to turn a single cannon fodder into the boxing match of a lifetime.

Comment

• Me and the missus just watched The Losers.

Strong candidate for my film of the year, right up there with Kick Ass as things stand.

Comment

• Shutter Island

conclusion ? predictable.

Comment

• Just been streaming Last House On The Left out of boredom off t'internet...pretty harsh stuff if i'm being honest! Not that bad a film actually.

Comment

• I didnt like the remake. I prefer the original.

Comment

• The original is some low rent gritty shit, which IMO is both good and bad. The scene where the crazy father (lol his name is Krug, the first Wes Craven reference to his childhood bully) convinces his son to shoot himself is particularly disturbing.

Comment

• Hachiko: A Dog's Story, I've seen the original Japanese film adaption of it and just finished watching the American adaption of it.

... Either way, Hachikō and Hidesaburō Ueno's story always brings me to tears - such a moving and extremely sad one to hear no matter how many times I've seen and/or heard it.

... Damn, this is going to take quite a while to calm down...
                            sigpic
                            Non-blurry Signature Version
                            Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• Originally posted by Enetirnel View Post
                              Hachiko: A Dog's Story, I've seen the original Japanese film adaption of it and just finished watching the American adaption of it.

... Either way, Hachikō and Hidesaburō Ueno's story always brings me to tears - such a moving and extremely sad one to hear no matter how many times I've seen and/or heard it.

... Damn, this is going to take quite a while to calm down...
                              *Hug* I haven't even seen the new one fully, too hard. D= I will though. It'll be okay Ene.

Comment

• Tonight we've watched Kick Ass and Cloverfield.

Cloverfield was even better than i remember it being.

Comment

Working...
                                X