Recently Seen Films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by VanRedgrave13 View Post
    I saw Oldboy recently, its a korean movie but it had me on the edge of my seat and was done pretty well imo
    I really liked that movie, but it was so depressing that I'llprobably never watch it again!

Comment

• i have i yet to see Oldboy but i heard its really good.

Comment

• Originally posted by hellrizer View Post
        That little girl had too much on her mind. Sick little bastard.
        Agreed. Everytime I'm talking to someone about that movie they always say, "Hey, I know that movie, isn't that the one about the pedo hitman?"
        Natalie Portman was just confused about love, and continued to make akward comments throughout the movie resulting in Jean Reno spitting up his milk every 5 minutes
        "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
        Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

• just got done watching dewey cox. thats a funny as hell movie. his lasy song is really good to btw

Comment

• I have watched Never Surrender and Dead Space Downfall lately.

Dead Space Downfall was not bad. However Never Surrender whişch stars few MMA guys like Quinton Jackson, BJ Penn & GSP was a huge dissapointment. The lead star is the definition of a tree trunk. There is no lifew in any sort of movement he does througout the film.

But there are lots of love scenes with some guys that you might want to check it (with FWD button of the DVD Player in hand that is;) )
            Sevket's Game Collection
            PSN Gamercards

Comment

• I'm currently battling insomnia and haven't slept in two days, so, this morning I watched "Shindler's list", immedietly followed by "Death Sentence". Shindler's list is an awesome movie that I've loved since I was I watched it when I was a kid (why the hell did anyone let me watch that?). Everyone in the movie is a superb actor, and it's directed by Speilberg, nuff said lol. Death sentence stars Kevin Bacon, and it's about a man who witnesses his twenty something yr. old song get murdered by a gang. After finding out the murderer will only get 3-5 years in prison, he decides to drop the charges and deliver justice himself...the Bacon way. I originally waited so long to watch this movie because at the time it was released, there was another "Renegade" movie out called "The brave one", which had a very similiar plot of having a loved one murdered, then taking the law into their own hands. In all fairness, it was writeen by the same author who wrote the famous "Death wish" stories, which is pretty much the godfather of these types of movies. However, I must say...it was pretty damn good. The story is kind of a rip off of taxi driver...especially towards later parts of the film, but it still adds many original elements to keep it fresh.

It's also directed by the young man who directed "Saw", and I think this was his first big non-horror movie and he did a job well done. There's plenty of gore, plenty of action, and suprisingly touching moments, all done with a very nice soundtrack. The soundtrack is actually something I might consider tracking down...the theme is pretty awesome. So, I recommend you see "Death Sentence", because it's a pretty good movie. Also, does anyone else think the leader of the gang looks like Jay from Jay and Silent Bob, but bald and on steroids?
              Anyways, here's a spoiler pic for those of you who are wondering how badass Bacon is in this flick.Spoiler:
              Last edited by REmaster; 04-27-2009, 02:21 PM.
              "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
              Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

• Latest movie i watched was a Dutch one called Oorlogswinter. Its about the live of a young kid during Worldwar 2. Could have had a bit more speed but not a bad movie at all.

Comment

• the wrestler. now that is a really good movie i recommend it even if you dont like wrestling. its just a flat out good movie.

Comment

• The Counterfeiters. The movie's about a group of Jews skilled at forging currencies who are transferred from more harsh Nazi concentration camps to a relatively loftier one to forge the pound and dollar for Germany. More than anything, a great variety of characters. Interesting stuff.

Plus I saw Akira Kurosawa's Kagemusha. I've never seen a film on such a large scale, and I'd use the word "epic" but it's thrown around too much that the value has been wrung from it and at present it's gasping feebly for air. Set during Japan's Sengoku period, this one's about a petty thief who impersonates the recently killed daimyo Takeda Shingen to prevent Tokugawa and Nobunaga from victory. When there isn't an immense set piece, the rest of the film is a great character drama. You'd all have to see it for yourselves.

Comment

• Speaking of Kevin Bacon, I just watched Stir of Echoes again. That movie still creeps me out.

Comment

• I liked Kevin Bacon in the Hollow Man. I like it a lot.

Comment

• I rewatched Resident Evil: Degeneration.
                          See you in hell.

Comment

• i see that lol with your Wilpharma post in the flu thread lol.
                            Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 04-27-2009, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• Recently re-watched Brandon Lee's "The Crow". Great movie. Shame he died on set, though.

R.I.P. Brandon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twist View Post
                                Recently re-watched Brandon Lee's "The Crow". Great movie. Shame he died on set, though.

R.I.P. Brandon.

yha its a good movie

plus NIN's cover of Joy Divisions song Dead Souls is on there.

Comment

Working...
                                X