X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "I'm bored thread" has turned into a "Which FF do you like?" thread

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
      I quite enjoy XII, but I hate the fact that every time you head to a a new area it means six hours of training to be strong enough to kill the enemies. I'm about a third of the game and I've already speant more time on it than I did on 7 and 8.
      I managed to go through the game without much problems as I kept up with Clan Hunt Missions, I did stop to level up in the Mines in Bhujerba though using the golden amulet *think thats it, whatever doubles your LP intake* in order to max out everyones grid which took 3-4 hours to do.
      Only times I had problems were against a boss in the Golmore Jungle, and Elite Mark hunts.

Still thought it was a very good game though, just too bad they didn't have a difficulty with it.

FFX I found relatively easy with the Advanced Sphere Grid, I kept Yuna, Rikku and Lulu on their respective grids but put everyone else once they got their base abilities on Aurons Grid for the STR, HP and Defence bonuses so taking out most bosses on the International Mode was pretty easy with exception to Dark Aeons, had to do the don tonberry AP whoreing trick in order to build up their Sphere Levels to finish their grids then spend 30-40 hours maxing out everyones grids before I took them on.

Although Wakka with max Stats, a good weapon and attack reels = Deadly.

Comment

I despised XII, it was slow and boring...It was a Kingdom Hearts wannabe! XD
        Nah, I know they were made by the same company, but It was like Kingdom Hearts...just...slow, and I didn't like it...

Originally posted by Helegad
        The "I'm bored thread" has turned into a "Which FF do you like?" thread
        Indeed it is.
        Last edited by Gradon; 04-20-2008, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Although that could be a good thing, because a topic about being bored doesn't seem to show much hope of becoming alive

Comment

Unless you talk about other stuff that you're bored, and want to talk about, and basically then it won't become the bored topic, because it won't be boring with so many replies of random topics; basically, this is a random topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
              I despised XII, it was slow and boring...It was a Kingdom Hearts wannabe! XD
              Nah, I know they were made by the same company, but It was like Kingdom Hearts...just...slow, and I didn't like it...

How is it anything like Kingdom Hearts
              Stop playing the PAL KH, its 17% slower then the US version.
              That'll solve speed issues.

Comment

Is that a glitch, or purposly done? o_O

Comment

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
                  Is that a glitch, or purposly done? o_O
                  No, PAL Squaresoft games were always converted from NTSC 60htz to PAL 50htz with black borders, however they never optmised the framerates properly so the PAL games *and alot of old games from other developers* took almost a 17% slowdown compared to their NTSC counterparts.

I can't speak for FFXII and KH2 as I imported the US and Jap versions.
                  I heard FFXII was fully optimised for 50htz for once though.

Comment

im here to defend final fantasy 12....its good alright
                    It lovley to play and the graphics are grand.
                    I think the only game to kill f.f is prob X-2, but thats just playing a bit of it, i've heard it's quite good once you get into it, so i'll keep my view to myself, even tho that game looked weak.
                    I think its a good change from ff1-9, that we have diffrent ways of playing ff. Like with 10 we had the grid, 10-2 had something special to that, and 12 has licences. c'mon ppl we have to put the old games in the past, yes even f.f 7 which is the god of ff IMO

Comment

I'll disagree with that. Better graphics does not automatically make a better game. Look at Mortal Kombat. A lot of folk here keep saying that it started sucking once it went 3d. I tend to play older games more, now, because they've got more depth to them in many cases. BioShock, for example, is beautiful game with a great storyline...but it's short compared to the older FPS games. And deffintely unchallenging.

One of the things that annoys me about the newer games is that, while gorgeous to look at and enjoyable to play they tend to be shorter and shallower than the older ones. I'm slightly worried things like Fallout 3 are gonna end up feeling tiny compared to the first ones.

There are, of course, exceptions, such as Oblivion...which is bloody huge. But older games are just as good as newer ones. Like Pong. Pong is forever awesome.

Comment

Bored, can't sleep, got a doctors appointment tomorrow for possibly bladder infection -_-, its great being me.

Comment

I went to the dentist yesterday, got two needles and an adult tooth filling, now my tooth is black. o.o
                          And I hope everything goes right for you, Dude.
                          Last edited by Gradon; 04-21-2008, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Owch, hate dentists, not been in 3-4 years but my teeth are usually in ok condition *besides fillings I got as a kid*.

And thanks, i'll save the gross details of pissing for england :p.
                            I feel fine besides trace elements of blood/protein in that which they found.
                            I had only just gotten over another infection!

Comment

I've had alot of fillings, but the first adult one was just a couple of days ago, so yeah.
                              Ah, I just hope nothing bad comes of it. Dude.

P.S. Anyone know what 500 yen is in USD/GBP?

Comment

Get the best currency exchange rates for international money transfers to 200 countries in 100 foreign currencies. Send and receive money with best forex rates.

Best site for currency conversion.

As for me, i've been to the doctor for various check ups in the past 14 days, and they're certain its nothing too bad *or life threatening*, its just probably infection due to bad health and alot of other stuff i've gone through recently.

Comment

Working...
                                X