No announcement yet.

Scarface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really didn't like the movie. It was hyped up a lot by people and by the time I got to see it a few years ago it just fell flat.

Comment

So what, the hype ruined it for you?

Comment

I watched it for the first time a few months ago too. I enjoyed it. I think that part in Natural Born Killers when it was on the TV screen delayed me seeing it as it looked kinda weird.

Comment

I've found Scarface to be an overrated film.
          See you in hell.

Comment

Overrated, but still good, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
              The game takes the question: "What if Tony Montana survived?" and puts it to the test.

That's the basic game outline in a nutshell. And as much as you'd expect it to be another GTA-ripoff
              Ironically the GTA series - especially vice city - borrowed a lot of elememts from films like Scarface and Carlito's Way (also directed by Brian DePalma and starring Al Pacino). At the end the producers of Scarface sued Rockstar games but they settle it out of court
              Last edited by aris13; 08-20-2008, 08:23 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Oh well, it's just a game. I'll actually appreciate Vice City a lot more now that I've seen Scarface.

Comment

Cant belive that Dot and Spence didnt enjoy this film, its a damn classic between this and godfather you cant ask for anymore in a gangster film. I didnt see it till bout 3 years ago but when I watched it once on tape I bought the special edition dvd and the game. The last level is mega hard when you make your way towards Sosa's crib. Think the whole shot 20 times thing is adrenaline he had a crazy amount cant imagine how you would feel from that but it is possible he couldnt feel pain til his spine got shattered.

Comment

Originally posted by P Anderson DIE View Post
                    Cant belive that Dot and Spence didnt enjoy this film.
                    They mentioned it at a podcast? It's a great movie but not better than the godfather.
                    sigpic

Comment

Nup, they replied in this topic. Big bump, by the way. Four or five months

Comment

It's not wrong

Comment

I stand by my words, but I will say this - the music is awesome.

Giorgio Moroder is right up there with the likes of Vangelis.
                          See you in hell.

Comment

Yeah they both use synthesizers.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post

Giorgio Moroder is right up there with the likes of Vangelis.
                              As long as he wasn't asked to work on existing material, he did a good job. His adaptations of John Williams' Superman OST for Superman III was horrid; particularly the classic Superman march.

Yet that wasn't exactly the lowest point of the movie.

EDIT: On topic, I never was a fan of Scarface no matter how many times I gave it a try. There are movies that grow on you, or you end up rewatching them several years later and have a different opinion but this isn't one of them.
                              Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 01-17-2009, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Are you sure that Moroder wrote the soundtrack for Superman 3?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X